Testing, Help, Site Feedback and Suggestions Test vBulletin's Features and Tell Us What You Like and Don't Like and Offer Suggestions for Improvement

Why is this forum so dull?

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/11, 11:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I managed to learn a lot on here, and it is nice just to see what others are doing or having problems with doing on their cars. Also with the 5.0 just being in its second MY most people are still under warranty. At that point not too many are willing to go nuts with the power adders and such so we won't be seeing too much of those for a little while. Yes there are a few on here already applying boost to their GTs, but me personally will wait till my warranty runs out. After that you'll see a lot of power mods from me.
Old 4/25/11, 01:01 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LLZuB
Okay, I know im doing the same thing im preaching...but it needs to be said...

When I first joined this forum, there was a lot of interesting activity....it seems as though all of that has been lost and all this forum is good for is reading about complaints about this car, and nothing else...

It's sad really, because everytime I log on..the first page is filled with "my tranny sucks" or "my car isn't here yet"....I think we all get the point...if you guys want to complain...stick to one topic in one thread (call it the complaint thread) so we don't have to search through all these topics whioch are EXACTLY the same..don't make 50 differant topics on the same stupid complaints.

This honestly is the only forum i've ever seen that has no good reading on anything other than tranny issues and how to get a car faster from a dealer...

I've started lurking over at allfordmustangs...and to be honest...at least they have a couple more interesting topics...come on guys..enough with the bull****...we're all sick of hearing it
TMS rocks
Old 4/25/11, 03:14 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Automagically
I'm just going to refer you to my "things I hate today" thread in Off Topic chatter.
its a good thread that on topic all the time
Old 4/25/11, 03:19 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I blame the mods myself. Especially Arin and Scothew.
when you wrote this did you look up at the sky waiting for lightning?
Old 4/25/11, 03:42 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I blame it on the diaper

Old 4/25/11, 05:47 PM
Cobra Member

One of the reasons it's NOT so active is precisely what everyone has said -- no name calling, childish behavior allowed (well, very minimal amounts). Those tend to eat up alot of page space, and while there's more stupid and useless posts, there's not as good of the useful info alot of us are on here for.

Just look in the GT mods sections, still quite active. yeah, not as much 'new' or exciting, but the cars have been around for 6+ years now, so you have to expect that.

The Boss forums will be increasing in activity as the mods available for that increase (though maybe it's not so mod friendly being already so well tuned??)

I've had waxing/waning activity on here as well, and do notice more activity during the winter when alot of us can't even drive the cars, so all we can do is think and dream and mess with all the little things. Summer's for driving, though...
Old 4/25/11, 06:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

There's entertainment for you.....
olic eman::fil ters::wtf ::starwar s::blin k::eyebro w::ho lding::catfight :: confused::s crewy::g rouphug:: cool::cop yright::gay:
Old 4/25/11, 08:13 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I've posted here for a few years and have always got good answers to my questions. I'm on 3 other forums and there's less aholes here.
Old 4/25/11, 08:35 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
when you wrote this did you look up at the sky waiting for lightning?
I have immunity.
Old 4/25/11, 09:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LLZuB
It's just getting ridiculous with the amoutn of threads about the same thing in the particular sub forum (2010+) and something needs to be done to keep all the duplicate threads in the same place.

It gets discouraging to all owners when they come on a forum for the first time and teh first thing they see is "my car sucks"..."this and that is wrong"...especially when its the same problem is 5 diff threads on the same page....

I know that when people come on forums, your going to see the cons of a car more than the pro's...and the problems are going to be posted...because why wpould you post about something thats working fine right? lol...Have a subsection for "Complaints/Issues"
There are other subforums for issues. I think many people only post in the main 2010 forum because they a) don't want to make another click or two to go to the appropriate forum, b) they don't review other posted threads, or c) it's not that important to them to have a way to search more efficiently.

I see a lot of active content when I click on "New Posts". I don't think one can assume the newest Mustangs are "bad" because of a single mechanical issue that seems to affect enough people here (or other forums) that is repeatedly posted so much that it "appears" bad.

And by the way, I think technically posting about why the forum is dull probably would also fit in "Off Topic Chatter" as suggested by someone else
Old 4/25/11, 09:56 PM

It's cause I havent been on in a while......
Old 4/25/11, 10:10 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by chrissy0022
It's cause I havent been on in a while......
Hey girl... figured pirates captured you... and everyone was too broke after filling their tank to pay ransom.

Last edited by cdynaco; 4/25/11 at 10:12 PM.
Old 4/25/11, 10:45 PM

yeah i have been busy with out of town craft fairs... and wedding plans... 2 months to go!
Old 4/26/11, 09:30 AM
SD6
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheReaper
I've posted here for a few years and have always got good answers to my questions. I'm on 3 other forums and there's less aholes here.
I thought there was a big one on here before but he's banned now
Old 4/28/11, 10:01 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
And no one has mentioned me on this thread..... Where is the love??
Ok, I'm done crying...

Deysha
Old 4/28/11, 10:07 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
And no one has mentioned me on this thread..... Where is the love??
Ok, I'm done crying...

Deysha
I will. I'm impressed a Ford rep would take the time to help people on a forum like this. You're a very rare breed, who goes out of their way to help others and we thank you.
Old 4/28/11, 12:04 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
nobody on this forum likes seeing pictures, or posting pictures... i think ill stick with allfordmustangs.com
Old 4/28/11, 12:07 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by xtc.inc
nobody on this forum likes seeing pictures, or posting pictures... i think ill stick with allfordmustangs.com
...? Was that a joke? It had to be.
Old 4/28/11, 12:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I like pictures so please post some.
Old 4/28/11, 12:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
...? Was that a joke? It had to be.
Assuming he hasn't figured out how to go to the color sections that are full of nothing but pictures.....

Quick Reply: Why is this forum so dull?