Testing, Help, Site Feedback and Suggestions Test vBulletin's Features and Tell Us What You Like and Don't Like and Offer Suggestions for Improvement

Why is this forum so dull?

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/11, 07:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is this forum so dull?

Okay, I know im doing the same thing im preaching...but it needs to be said...

When I first joined this forum, there was a lot of interesting activity....it seems as though all of that has been lost and all this forum is good for is reading about complaints about this car, and nothing else...

It's sad really, because everytime I log on..the first page is filled with "my tranny sucks" or "my car isn't here yet"....I think we all get the point...if you guys want to complain...stick to one topic in one thread (call it the complaint thread) so we don't have to search through all these topics whioch are EXACTLY the same..don't make 50 differant topics on the same stupid complaints.

This honestly is the only forum i've ever seen that has no good reading on anything other than tranny issues and how to get a car faster from a dealer...

I've started lurking over at allfordmustangs...and to be honest...at least they have a couple more interesting topics...come on guys..enough with the bull****...we're all sick of hearing it
Old 4/25/11, 07:39 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe everybody is out driving their cars instead of on the computer?
Old 4/25/11, 07:44 AM
Bullitt Member

^ Hmm maybe... I do wish I were driving mine right now....but im working (kind of) lol
Old 4/25/11, 07:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm just going to refer you to my "things I hate today" thread in Off Topic chatter.
Old 4/25/11, 08:15 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
This is the best Mustang forum i have ever seen. All kinds of things to do, read and just enjoy. TMS has rules to go by, which is good. Things like, i can't post on how easy it is to beat "stock" G.T.'s with my V-6. Which is good, to keep things civil and peaceful . I read around on other Mustang forums but, TMS feels more like home to me and will be the only one i will become a member and support.
Old 4/25/11, 08:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

honestly, this is the only mustang forum I like. Sure I joined all of the others, but this is the liveliest. Yes, you are going to get people *****ing and moaning, but that's part of the deal. They ARE valid concerns though. If we pony owners weren't so passionate about our cars, we wouldn't be *****ing that we can't wait any longer to get delivery of our car. This is probably the most exciting time to be a mustang owner or enthusiast probably in a good 10-15 years (with the return of the boss, the 5.0 etc., so I'd say this is normal
Old 4/25/11, 08:54 AM
V6 Member

I agree, it's become somewhat stale. But the truth is, there just isn't much "buzz" right now about our cars. I think things hit a fever pitch when we were anticipating the introduction of the Boss 302. I checked this site out multiple times every day because there was so much great information from inside sources that you just couldn't get anywhere else. By the time the car was actually revealed, there were virtually NO surprises to anyone who had been following the posts, and we had all pretty much made up our minds as to whether the car was we we had hoped it would be. Right now, the Camaro is readily outselling the Mustang, the aftermarket seems to be rather slow with introducing new offerings (or just plain disinterested), with the Boss 302 being brand new there are unlikely to be any more SE's in the near future, the Mustang's redesign is far off in the distance (relatively speaking) and finally, with the price of gas rocketing towards $4.00 + per gallon, pony cars like the Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger equipped with big V-8's (and please don't get me started about how Ford should have been a little more "forward-thinking" and at least offered the EB V-6) are likely to see sales slip even further. So all that's left to talk about is body mods (has anyone here NOT installed the CS front valence and Saleen grill...add me to the list who has!) how much the tranny sucks (I have very early car, and have had zero problems) and sad tales of waiting for ordered cars that never come. This is still the best of the Mustang sites, in my opinion, and I will contine to check in periodically. But until there's some new buzz about Ford unexpectedly springing a Mach I on us, or a new way to get the V-6 to make 500 horsepower and 400 LB/FT of torque, it's going to be same 'ol, sale' ol for a while.
Old 4/25/11, 08:59 AM
Cobra Member

At least people here are pretty much polite and respectful to each other.

Some of the other forums sound like 16 year olds kids name calling eachother all the time, not to mention god awful grammer and spelling.

This is my favorite tech forum by far, but the best community is Chicagoland Mustang Club. But that forum is for a different purpose.
Old 4/25/11, 09:14 AM
Bullitt Member

You all make valid points, it definatly is one of the more "grown up" "mature" forums which is nice...

It's just getting ridiculous with the amoutn of threads about the same thing in the particular sub forum (2010+) and something needs to be done to keep all the duplicate threads in the same place.

It gets discouraging to all owners when they come on a forum for the first time and teh first thing they see is "my car sucks"..."this and that is wrong"...especially when its the same problem is 5 diff threads on the same page....

I know that when people come on forums, your going to see the cons of a car more than the pro's...and the problems are going to be posted...because why wpould you post about something thats working fine right? lol...Have a subsection for "Complaints/Issues"
Old 4/25/11, 09:19 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
more like, why is your mom so dull!!

**This post not intended to offend
Old 4/25/11, 09:51 AM
GT Member

I lurk/visit other Mustang forums, but this is the only one I post on. The crowd seems more mature and helpful, and I'm only 26. It's not a cesspool like some others. Unfortunately, some of the dreck from those forums has started to spill over here, and the mass hysteria MT-82 threads are a prime example of that. I've decided I have said all I care to say on the matter, and will no longer post in MT-82 related threads here.

That's pretty much the only thing that annoys me about this forum. Otherwise it's easy to get quality answers/input. And TMS has a more "cozy" feel, like your favorite neighbor pub as opposed to some out-of-control nightclub.
Old 4/25/11, 10:00 AM
V6 Member

I like this forum because there are people on it that have an inside track to what is going on with the current mustangs. I am one of those who asked when can I expect to see my ordered mustang built on 4-11-11, that is important to me and will also clue others on when they can expect theirs. It is also civil and I apreciate that. As to problems that owners are having with their Mustangs, that is important also, maybe a subtitle for these issues would be good.
Old 4/25/11, 10:07 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by LEwis26
At least people here are pretty much polite and respectful to each other.

Some of the other forums sound like 16 year olds kids name calling eachother all the time, not to mention god awful grammer and spelling.

This is my favorite tech forum by far, but the best community is Chicagoland Mustang Club. But that forum is for a different purpose.
I agree...some of the others are down right nasty.

However, you need to spell grammar correctly when complaining about spelling.
Old 4/25/11, 10:11 AM
Cobra R Member

My car is close
Old 4/25/11, 10:16 AM
Bullitt Member

seems this way on Mustang forums. When I went to the "Dark Side" and had my M3 the message boards are action packed over there. Always news or someone had installed a new mod or has taken cool pictures of their vehicle constantly being posted. SVTP Forum is pretty busy on the non mustang sections, but even then, the mustang only sections are real sleepy. Topics will stay on page 1 for weeks, like here. Oh well.
Old 4/25/11, 10:20 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I agree, this is one of the more "mature" and adult sites I have seen. At least people can post questions and/or answers without being verbally beat up by other posters.

I do try and help people with questions, especially if I have read a similar post, and can post the link.

As for complaints about the car. I hope people will continue to bring their problems to the board. I do agree their could be threads dedicated to delivery problems and especially transmission problems. These seem to be overwhelming, and I do try and read all the ones on the transmission, just in case something new pops up. Dedicated threads would would make it easier for new people to find information on these issues.
Old 4/25/11, 10:21 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I blame the mods myself. Especially Arin and Scothew.
Old 4/25/11, 10:33 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

What is there new to really talk about? At least here you do get news about upcoming Mustangs and some good info on the future of the Mustang.
We know about all the mods and what they produce already. Nothing new has really come out yet.
The only thing that is interesting still is track times of members and what mods they have getting it. But even that is getting pretty even as most are running the same with the same mods and dynoing around the same.
Basically like every forum no matter what car you drive its just rehashed info.
You could buy a challenger or camaro and it will like be starting all over again with the forums and when that gets boring move on to the next car.
Old 4/25/11, 10:41 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I blame the mods myself. Especially Arin and Scothew.
I agree with Gary but i was afraid of getting

Old 4/25/11, 11:09 AM
GT Member

Hmm... I found a TON of information in the year long "great Mustang search", so it worked like a charm for me... Sort of a "Mustang U" for newbies like me - informational, educational, witty and mature responses...

Last edited by jimmbbo; 4/25/11 at 11:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Why is this forum so dull?