Testing, Help, Site Feedback and Suggestions Test vBulletin's Features and Tell Us What You Like and Don't Like and Offer Suggestions for Improvement

Moved 06 topics

Search this Thread

Old 9/7/05, 07:52 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lately there have been so many moved topics(some completely understandable)but others I can't figure out why.I'll have to admit I'm getting a little gun shy now for fear of having my topic moved.Mods please explain what is and isn't acceptible for the 2005+ forums.Thank you much.
Old 9/7/05, 08:05 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Boltzman,
I completely agree with you. Mods are moving everything it seems like lately. They should go back and look at some of the threads they have started in the past. What's the saying? Shouldn't throw stones in a glass house. Or something like that any how.
Old 9/7/05, 08:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have to say - Adrenalin, you're a great dude, seems like, but I have to agree - since you became a mod, it's like a whirlwind of thread regulation. A lot could fall under the topic of "2005+ Mustang" - live and let live, man, and only move the ones that are super-obvious targets.

That said, I also think people should be a little more thoughtful about their placement of new threads - it's broken up like this b/c its convenient for users. When I was shopping performance mods, I spent a lot more time in GT Performance, whereas now I check Exterior Mods most often. Having to go hunting/wading through all the different threads.

That said, 95% of posters do it right 95% of the time.
Old 9/7/05, 08:24 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Chuck, since a have a few people flaming me for moving posts I guess I'll chime in here.

Moving posts, where do I start. If you post "just got my car and here are some pics", well that goes to the Intros and Car photos section. A long time ago a sticky was created by Brad for members to post pics of their new 05/06. It's right at the top of the page, easy to see, called Photos of Yours, but just incase, here is the link

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=6217

If you post something for sale, that goes to the For Sale and Wanted section.

If you post anything regarding modifying your car, that goes to the appropriate mod subforum (exterior, audio, etc)

If you post something tech or performance related it goes to either the V6 or GT Tech and Performance section. Yes, there are some instances where the problem applies to both cars so that post will not be moved for the time being. Yes, I accidentally moved one in the past. Slap my wrist and call it a day.

The point here is we are getting a lot of topics being created that have already been created. Search feature is a very useful tool.

Most topics have a proper place but some don't such as the evil robot lady (EVL). We are doing our best to try to keep up with everything. Sure, some there was a while where nothing was moved, but I was not a mod at that time. I bet some of you are wondering why you nominated me no, aren't ya

If you have examples of something that has been moved but your are not sure why, feel free to let me know.

On a side note, this should be in the Testing, Help, Site Feedback & suggestions forum, but, for the time being I am not going to move this in hopes that more people read it. I only get a few PM's regarding "why did this get moved, or closed", but I get a lot of PM's thanking me for cleaning up the general forum section.

If topics are in the proper place it is a lot easier for people to find, especially people that are new to the site. Here is a link to a current topic regarding the recent moves of topics.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=33326

Hope that answered your question.
Old 9/7/05, 08:26 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by ILikeBond@September 7, 2005, 10:22 PM
I have to say - Adrenalin, you're a great dude, seems like, but I have to agree - since you became a mod, it's like a whirlwind of thread regulation. A lot could fall under the topic of "2005+ Mustang" - live and let live, man, and only move the ones that are super-obvious targets.

No thread for you!!
Old 9/7/05, 08:28 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by ILikeBond@September 7, 2005, 8:22 PM

Alrighty then, point well taken. I'll give you guys a small break to recover. I'll move the "super-obvious" ones....

HOWEVER, we still need to control the amount of duplicate posts. Seriously, how many topics do we need on "how to install stripes?, how to delete stripes?, who makes lowering springs? yadda-yadda-yadda. You know what I mean, right
Old 9/7/05, 08:31 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by ClemJoe628@September 7, 2005, 10:29 PM

No thread for you!!
I love that show!!
Old 9/7/05, 08:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Soup ****
Old 9/7/05, 08:32 PM
Retired Tms Staff

If I was the soup **** I would have already closed this thread
Old 9/7/05, 08:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts
I understand what you are saying Adrenalin, and agree with your intent and your efforts. You are working to make things better for everyone, and it is appreciated.

Nice C/T you got there!
Old 9/7/05, 08:46 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@September 7, 2005, 10:27 PM
Hey Chuck, since a have a few people flaming me for moving posts I guess I'll chime in here.

Moving posts, where do I start. If you post "just got my car and here are some pics", well that goes to the Intros and Car photos section. A long time ago a sticky was created by Brad for members to post pics of their new 05/06. It's right at the top of the page, easy to see, called Photos of Yours, but just incase, here is the link

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=6217

If you post something for sale, that goes to the For Sale and Wanted section.

If you post anything regarding modifying your car, that goes to the appropriate mod subforum (exterior, audio, etc)

If you post something tech or performance related it goes to either the V6 or GT Tech and Performance section. Yes, there are some instances where the problem applies to both cars so that post will not be moved for the time being. Yes, I accidentally moved one in the past. Slap my wrist and call it a day.

The point here is we are getting a lot of topics being created that have already been created. Search feature is a very useful tool.

Most topics have a proper place but some don't such as the evil robot lady (EVL). We are doing our best to try to keep up with everything. Sure, some there was a while where nothing was moved, but I was not a mod at that time. I bet some of you are wondering why you nominated me no, aren't ya

If you have examples of something that has been moved but your are not sure why, feel free to let me know.

On a side note, this should be in the Testing, Help, Site Feedback & suggestions forum, but, for the time being I am not going to move this in hopes that more people read it. I only get a few PM's regarding "why did this get moved, or closed", but I get a lot of PM's thanking me for cleaning up the general forum section.

If topics are in the proper place it is a lot easier for people to find, especially people that are new to the site. Here is a link to a current topic regarding the recent moves of topics.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=33326

Hope that answered your question.
Thank you.that explains pretty much everything that shouldn't go in the 2005+,but what else left is there to talk about since everything is broken down in those subforums?(stuff that hasn't been beat to death)I'm gonna shut up now ,sorry and if you wanna move this thread it's cool with me.
P.S. I voted for you by the way.This is by no means personal
Old 9/7/05, 08:51 PM
Cobra Member

Such an emotional thread here. I'm so moved!

(Which means the mods have nothing to do now )
Old 9/7/05, 08:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

There are a few other threads on this as well... here's one:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?ac...22&t=33326&st=0

I posted a fairly lengthy stab at why I think people (myself included) have posted a ton of threads into the general section... I think a lot of it just comes down to habit, but made a few suggestions as to what I think would help solve the issue (at least to some degree).
Old 9/7/05, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@September 7, 2005, 9:31 PM
Alrighty then, point well taken. I'll give you guys a small break to recover. I'll move the "super-obvious" ones....

HOWEVER, we still need to control the amount of duplicate posts. Seriously, how many topics do we need on "how to install stripes?, how to delete stripes?, who makes lowering springs? yadda-yadda-yadda. You know what I mean, right
Agreed, but the problem is that the new threads make the old threads go away and the search function isn't terribly easy to use or find good results with - it's ok when people have new things to say and show about old topics, and it's ok in those new topics to refer to info in older threads.

Old 9/7/05, 09:17 PM
V6 Member

My $0.02 (probably worth less than that) ... Couldn't just about EVERY thread under the 2005+ secction be classified as fitting under some other subform? I'd also vote for moving only the obvious posts. I started a thread a while back about mounting a HAM antenna on my new '06 GT and it got moved to the exterior mods subforum. To me, discussing the advantages/disadvantage of various mounting locations of this type of antenna and it's impact on radiation patterns and transmitting performance has nothing to do with modifying the exterior appearance or aerodynamics of the car.
Old 9/7/05, 11:36 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
There is no doubt some mods have gotten out of control. I've several threads get moved out of the section they belonged in, (the one where it was started) and into a section it had no business in.
Old 9/8/05, 12:05 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by ILikeBond@September 7, 2005, 9:22 PM

That said, I also think people should be a little more thoughtful about their placement of new threads - it's broken up like this b/c its convenient for users. When I was shopping performance mods, I spent a lot more time in GT Performance, whereas now I check Exterior Mods most often. Having to go hunting/wading through all the different threads.

That said, 95% of posters do it right 95% of the time.
Bingo!
Old 9/8/05, 01:55 AM
FR500 Member

This says it all.

This is a situation that existed way before Adrenalin became a mod. Maybe he's just doing what he's told to
Old 9/8/05, 02:48 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

oh man....so much drama, I remember the good ole days where a thread like the following....

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=26369

went on for a couple of days before the mods had enough and moved it (it actually made it to page 9 before the move), but I understand the need for order and actually apreciate it now, but man the old days were a lot of fun......

heres another one that was a lot of fun.....
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....opic=27309&hl=

oh for all of you newbies, here's Surfn in a skirt.....
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....opic=20618&hl=

have fun!!!!!
Old 9/8/05, 04:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

My .02 cents.
Let me start by saying that overall the mods do an adequate job. There are topics that are moved and I do question why while other ones stay put and I question why. I'm sure Brad has a certain protocol that he wants the mods to follow and that's what they are trying to do.

I will say however that the forums should be run like a business in a free market society. I believe the customers (forum members) should drive the topics and discussion. I think it's irrelevant that a topic is started 5 different times. Who cares? If people don't want to participate in the discussion again for the umpteenth time then they don't have to. If they want to direct someone to previous discussions then so be it. Let the thread go where it will. Let it die. Isn't that what this is all about? Discussion about people’s passion, ideas and experiences?

For example:
Why would a topic be left in the 2005+ area about dealership problems? It has absolutely nothing to do with the car itself but everything to do with general discussion.

Another one in recent discussion would be leaving the top down and unattended. This has got to be as general as they come. Is this topic exclusive to the 2005+ crowd? No. That one covers 40 different model years.

I think it's great that these are left alone. They get a lot of attention and I don't think people mind them being in the 2005+ section. I don't.

Bottom line is that the mods, Brad can run the forums however they wish, and it's obvious they're doing something right.

So who am I or anyone else to question it?

Quick Reply: Moved 06 topics