Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

What's up.

Search this Thread

Old 6/5/13, 09:57 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's up.

Hey guys/gals. Just bought my first brand new car, and it's my first Mustang at that! A brand new 2013 v6 base model with 6 speed auto and tech package, been sitting on the lot for a while so I said what the hell, I'll try getting this car since I've been interested in the new stangs for a long time, plus my Dodge Dakota was getting a lot of miles on it. Bought just this past Saturday with 30 miles on the clock, now it has over 500, drove it every chance I got

Name:  IMG_0131.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  135.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0132.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  104.9 KB

My previous vehicles are nothing compared to this car performance wise, so it's a BIG step up from what I've owned before. My last ride was this Dakota that I traded in for the Mustang. $5000 trade in for it ain't bad at all since these trucks aren't worth much anymore.

Name:  IMG_0107.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  289.9 KB

As far as future mods go, I do at least want the v6 performance package 19" wheels or the GT brembo wheels, the stocker 17's have got to go soon! Bama race tune, CIA, and upgrade the stereo system while keeping the factory radio. Think I'd leave the exhaust alone, I like a quiet ride As it is with its price point and features, I think it's a phenomenal car, and I've already done some research on what this current v6 is capable of
Old 6/5/13, 10:39 PM
V6 Member

I have the exact same car as you, just without the tech package. Welcome, good luck, and have fun!
Old 6/5/13, 11:31 PM
V6 Member

Thanks! The tech package was a must have for me, I didn't want a brand new car that I'll be paying for for several years to not have the electronic features that most other new cars are equipped with now.
Old 6/5/13, 11:38 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SMBJoshy
Thanks! The tech package was a must have for me, I didn't want a brand new car that I'll be paying for for several years to not have the electronic features that most other new cars are equipped with now.
What exactly did it come with?
Old 6/6/13, 06:36 AM
V6 Member

Just the tech package and 6 speed auto.
Old 6/6/13, 06:49 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
congrats and welcome to TMS... liked ur mod list... but one thing to add.. i too liked the exhaust to be quite.. when i sat in my buddy's stang with borla exhaust... i was sold... just try you may like it... have a nice grow and rumble will make u happy n smile more....i dont want it to loud n make people stare at u...
Old 6/6/13, 07:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi, congrats and welcome. Nice car.
Old 6/6/13, 08:22 AM
Former Vendor

Congratulations and Welcome to the Forum! Please let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance in the near future.

You'll meet a lot of great people and find a ton of awesome reads on this forum, Enjoy!

-Dan
Old 6/6/13, 10:45 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SMBJoshy
Just the tech package and 6 speed auto.
I meant, what did the tech package come with..lol
Old 6/6/13, 12:51 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Doiz
From Ford, they listed it having SYNC with AppLink, that includes the Bluetooth wireless and USB connection, fog lamps, 6 way power drivers seat, and auto dimming mirror. That's pretty much it. I thought it came with satellite radio too as a standard feature but my car doesn't have that installed...
Old 6/6/13, 12:58 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Doiz
Originally Posted by shiazv@gmail.com
congrats and welcome to TMS... liked ur mod list... but one thing to add.. i too liked the exhaust to be quite.. when i sat in my buddy's stang with borla exhaust... i was sold... just try you may like it... have a nice grow and rumble will make u happy n smile more....i dont want it to loud n make people stare at u...
If I do get a new exhaust system it'll most likely be from Magnaflow, I had a Magnaflow muffler on the dodge and it was the smoothest sounding deep exhaust note I've ever heard, flowmasters on the same truck were noisy and raspy. The Magnaflow had a sweet growl under acceleration, but near factory quiet when just cruising down the road, it was perfect for me I have to search some exhaust vids of the magnaflows on the 3.7 v6.
Old 6/9/13, 04:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to TMS!