Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

REINTRODUCTION FOR CURRENT ACTIVE MEMBERS!

Search this Thread

Old 10/8/23, 03:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gone but not forgotten

I got my first mustang in 2007, Tungsten gray V6. It went through a few changes and I decided to go to a GT500 style look. I had the whole GT500 body kit, Brembo front brakes, GT500 black/red interior including the dash, steering wheel. If you looked at her “Eleanor” you would’ve thought it was a GT500. I had the engine swapped to an 08 Bullitt engine/transmission. I loved my daily driver. Then in April this year it was totaled from a hit and run driver in a stolen vehicle. I’ve since gotten a 2016 Kia Soul EV+ I like my Soul but I miss Eleanor. One day I’ll be back in a mustang but not any time soon.

I’ve got a bunch of parts I never installed that I have to go through and sell off (some can be used from 05-14 mustangs others are 05-10 GT)

The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (10/10/23)
Old 10/8/23, 03:36 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,862 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Hello Brian,

So Sorry To Hear of Your Car Getting Totaled But She Kept You Safe and You Live to Ride Another Day! With or Without Car You Are Welcome Here to Hang Out and Plan For That Future Stang. So Glad You Are Ok! I Really Liked Your Car and Always Loved The Pic With the Old Trainer. I Can Only Imagine How Many Gt-500 Conversions I Helped in One Way or Another To Come To Pass! I Feel a Connection to All Those Cars! And of Course to To Enthusiastic Group We Had Back in the Day!

It's So Kind of You To Accept my Friend Request and Them Come In And Update Us! If you Go Through This Thread I Believe You Will Find Some Other Familier Names From the Day! We Are Just Getting Started on a Relaunch of Sorts Here. It's Different! Most of Us these Days Are Classic's and I am Not Talking About The Cars! I have Been Back a Year or So after a Long Absence and Me & Svopaul Are Now Admins! It Just Kind of Happened. I feel a Bond With this Site After Going Through So Much in My Life Both Good & The Bad. Your Prompt Response Tells Me You are Tied a Bit To TMS as Well!

Please Feel Free to List Any of Your Spare Parts in the For Sale Section But Don't Sell the Stuff You May Need For The Next One! Maybe a Genuine Gt-500 This Time Around! You Know You Love The Styling! Whatever You Choose Mustang or Not Remember You Got Some Extended Family Here To Visit! Looking at the Car Brings a Tear to My Eye! Also a Very Odd Feeling of Deja Vu! Can't Explain it!

Mgb,

KC
Old 10/8/23, 05:39 PM

Welcome Lucas!

I Had No Idea Back in the Day You Were an Artist! I Have Been Looking At Your Work! I Really Love It! You Are Very Talented! Thank You So Much For Accepting my Friend Request and Coming Back For a Visit! Please Tell Us How You Are Doing and Are You Still Driving a Mustang As Well!

Mgb,

Kc

Old 10/8/23, 05:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
I still have my 2015 GT. It's not quite stock any longer though. I've added an Airaid CAI, MBRP exhaust, GT350 Track Pack spoiler and a custom 93 octane peformance tune. I also did some custom painting of the intake cover.

The following 2 users liked this post by TomServo92:
95cobraR (10/11/23), m05fastbackGT (10/10/23)
Old 10/8/23, 06:13 PM

Looking Very Good My Friend!

I Love the Detail on the Intake! It's the Little Personal Touches That Make The Cars Ours! I Appreciate the Quick Response on the Friend Request! I Would Guess it was a Bit Out the Blue. I only ask those I Remember From back in the Day! It's Been So Long and I Was Gone a Long Time. I Just Kind of Fell into the Admin Spot and Have Found a Small but Well Mannered Little Group of Mostly Folks From back in the day!

Here as of Late We Are Starting To get New Members Again. I Jokingly Sometimes Call us The Mustang Seniors as We are Classic's These Days! My Goal at Present is to Simply Connect with Founding Members Who have Left for One Reason or Another and Check Up on Folks and If They Feel Like Sticking Around, we Would Love to Have You. I Have Found Through My Digging in Old Forum Hacked Threads That Are Repaired or Removed ,That During My time Away it Seems a Lot of Drama Was Present and Perhaps That was Part of The Reason the Ranks Thinned. Still Digging Still Learning. Pretty Calm, Pretty Easy Going these Days!

Our TMS Team goal is Simple We are Here to Have Fun and Share Knowledge and Learn From Others in a Stress Free Helpful Environment. We Appreciate All Years and Models of Mustangs and We Have Changed the Forums Around a Bit And Updated For the Newer Models. We Welcome Others Who Can Help Us With that Goal!

I hope you will Poke Around and See if You LIke It! I Hope You Saw Some Old Friends in the Reintroduction Thread That you Can Reconnect With!

Again thank You For Accepting My Friend Request and Coming in!

It is Really Appreciated!

Mgb,

KC

Old 10/8/23, 06:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Looking Very Good My Friend!

I Love the Detail on the Intake! It's the Little Personal Touches That Make The Cars Ours! I Appreciate the Quick Response on the Friend Request! I Would Guess it was a Bit Out the Blue. I only ask those I Remember From back in the Day! It's Been So Long and I Was Gone a Long Time. I Just Kind of Fell into the Admin Spot and Have Found a Small but Well Mannered Little Group of Mostly Folks From back in the day!

Here as of Late We Are Starting To get New Members Again. I Jokingly Sometimes Call us The Mustang Seniors as We are Classic's These Days! My Goal at Present is to Simply Connect with Founding Members Who have Left for One Reason or Another and Check Up on Folks and If They Feel Like Sticking Around, we Would Love to Have You. I Have Found Through My Digging in Old Forum Hacked Threads That Are Repaired or Removed ,That During My time Away it Seems a Lot of Drama Was Present and Perhaps That was Part of The Reason the Ranks Thinned. Still Digging Still Learning. Pretty Calm, Pretty Easy Going these Days!

Our TMS Team goal is Simple We are Here to Have Fun and Share Knowledge and Learn From Others in a Stress Free Helpful Environment. We Appreciate All Years and Models of Mustangs and We Have Changed the Forums Around a Bit And Updated For the Newer Models. We Welcome Others Who Can Help Us With that Goal!

I hope you will Poke Around and See if You LIke It! I Hope You Saw Some Old Friends in the Reintroduction Thread That you Can Reconnect With!

Again thank You For Accepting My Friend Request and Coming in!

It is Really Appreciated!

Mgb,

KC
I'm not really sure why I drifted away. It just sort of happened. I discovered the Mustang6G forums a few years ago and have been hanging around there some (mainly when I need some info or help on my GT). I'll check things out here since I have plenty of time on my hands now. I retired 2 years ago and living the good life!
Old 10/8/23, 07:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
I haven't posted here in a very long time. But, I'm here. Still have Maggie and loving my daily! Thanks for the tag in the post/thread!
m05fastbackGT (10/10/23)
Old 10/8/23, 07:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Wow, Sent Out Some Friend Requests To Some Old Brad Barnett Days Members! I Got Them Accepted and it Really is Nice To Know They are Still Plugged into the Site and Perhaps they Will Come and Update us On Themselves and Their Cars! Regardless it's a Great Feeling to get a Response! It's Just Good to Hear Back!

@GrnT

It Was a Really Good Time in Those Days and a Lot of Great Folks!

@TomServo92

Mgb,

KC
Hi my name is Mark and I have a Mustang addiction. Still.

m05fastbackGT (10/10/23)
Old 10/8/23, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by TomServo92
I'm not really sure why I drifted away. It just sort of happened. I discovered the Mustang6G forums a few years ago and have been hanging around there some (mainly when I need some info or help on my GT). I'll check things out here since I have plenty of time on my hands now. I retired 2 years ago and living the good life!
That is Good to Hear! I Had Come in & Out of Here over the Years Usually to Mark My Son's Birthday & Such in His Thread But Never Stayed Long. I Kept getting Emails About the 05-09 Faux Gas Caps Going Obsolete and Everybody was Asking Me if I Could Get them. I Ended up Doing a Long Thread on it For Alternatives and Just Kept Hanging On Here.

I Had Super Mod Status From back in the Day But Never Used It. I Noticed the Forums Were Out of Date and No 2024 Section and Svopaul Called the Website Managers and Next Thing You Know We are Both Admins. I guess not Working I Missed it and this Was a Lot Like What I did Back in the Day I Just Help People Find Parts I Don't Sell them. I Guess It Just Makes Me Feel Useful.

I Love the Chase of a Hard to Find Part!

Poke around a Bit, Help a Mustanger, Greet a Newcomer. It May Fit Your Pistol!

I Count it a Good Day when I Can Reconnect With Tms Family!

Mgb,

KC
Old 10/8/23, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by GrnT

Hi Mark!

What a Day I Never Thought I Would Get The Responses and So Quickly That I Have today!

Thank You So Much For Accepting the Friend Request and Coming in And Posting!

You Still Got Your Original S-197! That Has Got To Be New Paint! Can't Be Original!

Love the Wheels are Those Later Model Take Offs???

I tell Ya this Old Guy is About Typed Out For The Day!

Fybromyalgia is a Booger!

So Let Me Cut to The Chase! Check Us Out we Can Always Use Mustang Addicts!

I Think You Can Check Out My Response to Tom I Just Did For The Story!

I Hope Reading This Thread You Saw Some Folks You Used To Hang With!

And That Being Said Consider Making Us a Regular Stop if You Can!

You Guys Are TMS LEGACY FAMILY!

We Want to See Ya!

Now The Carpel Tunnel is Kicking In!

I Got To Take a Break!

Thank You, Thank You For Coming in!

Mgb,

KC

Old 10/8/23, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by unnoticedtrails
I haven't posted here in a very long time. But, I'm here. Still have Maggie and loving my daily! Thanks for the tag in the post/thread!
I'm Going to Cheat a Little Bit and Cut & Paste What I Said Earlier!
Welcome Lucas!

I Had No Idea Back in the Day You Were an Artist! I Have Been Looking At Your Work! I Really Love It! You Are Very Talented! Thank You So Much For Accepting my Friend Request and Coming Back For a Visit! Please Tell Us How You Are Doing and Are You Still Driving a Mustang As Well!

I'm Sorry I Am Just Worn Out at This Time of Day With My Health Issues. Please Glean My Gratitude & Intentions From My Earlier Posts Today to Other Legacy Members Who are Stopping By! I Hope to See All of you in the Future Hanging Out & Helping Us Make This the Place To Be For Mustangers Looking for a Little Oasis in These Trying Times!

I will Say this, One of the Best Things that I Have Experienced is Getting to Know Some Members Better Via a Phone Call. If Anybody Would Like To Chat About The Site Etc. Just PM Me With a Number And Best Time to Call! I Am on PST.

Oh Almost Forgot! The Car is Looking Great!

I will Talk your Ear Off!

Mgb,

KC
Old 10/8/23, 08:12 PM

@Kluski

Welcome!

Thank You For Coming In!

For a Trip Down Memory lane Please Check Out Forum!

Note the Members and Join Date!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...ispreloading=1

Mgb,

KC
Old 10/9/23, 09:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm still around with my 2005 GT that I ordered in July of 2004 and picked up on Nov 18, 2004. Got in a doozy of an accident and had to replace the front clip and engine back in 2009, but still running strong. Only have 28k miles, but also just put in a set of Ford Racing cams for a beautiful sound.

For some reason pictures get stuck at 90% loading when I try.

I Saw These in the Recent Post Section Are These The Ones?

Don't Know Why they Would Not Load For You. I will Check Your Member Pages For Settings. KC

The following 2 users liked this post by Kluski:
m05fastbackGT (10/10/23), TomServo92 (10/10/23)
Old 10/9/23, 10:03 AM

Chris,

A Quite Stunning Car. Looks To Be Same Color as My Short Lived 07 GT/CS. Your Car is a Nice 1969 Theme Replete with Updated Magnum 500 Style Wheels and Shaker If I Am Not Mistaken. I Had Tested a Similar Grille Treatment on my 05. It Was a T-Rex Grille I Had Blacked Out. Still Have it Up in the Attic I Believe it Weighed a Ton! Sorry for the Picture Issue.

I Really Appreciate You Accepting The Friend Request & Coming in To Update Us. I Hope To See You Around The Forums and Would Love To See More Details On the Car as I am Sure Others Would As Well! Love To Hear The Cams Sometime Also!

Link To Chris's Album

https://themustangsource.com/g/album/3870013

Best Regards,

Mgb,

KC
Old 10/9/23, 04:09 PM

Welcome Sal the Fabman!

Please Give Us An Update on that Monster Car & Yourself! I Hope You Found Some Familier Folks During Your Read! Just Getting Started with the Reunions!

Mgb,

Kc
fabman (10/9/23)
Old 10/9/23, 05:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Still alive....current rides are my little pony and a Tremor to drag it around with.

The following 3 users liked this post by fabman:
95cobraR (10/23/23), m05fastbackGT (10/10/23), TomServo92 (10/10/23)
Old 10/9/23, 06:19 PM

Sal Look At You Go!

Another Californian! We Were Always the Rare Ones On the Site! We Got A couple Of Racers on The Site Now Cobra R Aka Doc From Back in the Day and 1 old Racer Aka Will A Newer Member. I See You Have tried To reconnect Every So Often. I'm Giving it a Go For Us Old Brad Barnett Days Guys. For Whatever Reason We Were Stone Cold Dead With Members Today! Must Be A Holiday I Don't Know About! I Hope You Saw a Few You Recognize From the Posts! We are Just Getting Started! Seems You Are Enjoying That S-197 To The Hilt!

I Really Appreciate You Accepting the Friend Request and I Hope You Will Hang Around And See Who Else Pops Up! Love to Hear of Your Racing Adventures. I Will Bet Though You Are One Busy Guy With a Lot on Your Plate. Most of the Regulars are Retired These Days But We Hope to get a Good Mix As We Move Forward!

Looking Good My Friend Looking Real Good!

Mgb,

KC
fabman (10/9/23)
Old 10/10/23, 11:02 AM

Thanks Again To The Recent 7 Legacy Members for Coming in and Updating Us! Don't Know What Has Happened To the Regulars! Awful Strange! They Are Usually a Friendly Bunch to Introduction Threads! MIA!

KC
Old 10/10/23, 03:29 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,126 Likes on 808 Posts
Originally Posted by Tungsten Bullitt
I got my first mustang in 2007, Tungsten gray V6. It went through a few changes and I decided to go to a GT500 style look. I had the whole GT500 body kit, Brembo front brakes, GT500 black/red interior including the dash, steering wheel. If you looked at her “Eleanor” you would’ve thought it was a GT500. I had the engine swapped to an 08 Bullitt engine/transmission. I loved my daily driver. Then in April this year it was totaled from a hit and run driver in a stolen vehicle. I’ve since gotten a 2016 Kia Soul EV+ I like my Soul but I miss Eleanor. One day I’ll be back in a mustang but not any time soon.

I’ve got a bunch of parts I never installed that I have to go through and sell off (some can be used from 05-14 mustangs others are 05-10 GT)

Ouch!!! that is painful to see. Sorry for the abrupt end to you custom Mustang. It was a sharp looking ride. We love to have you hang out here to keep the fire burning for that New (Or maybe new to you) Mustang or Shelby(?)

Post those extra parts on here. I am sure there will be some interest.
Old 10/10/23, 03:55 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,126 Likes on 808 Posts
Originally Posted by Maverick128
Joined in 2004 and last posted in 2015 but I'm hoping to have a reason to be around again. Had a 2013 V6 in Gotta Have It Green and unfortunately traded it in for something "more practical" back in 2015. Wife and I never really expanded our family and are moving to someplace warmer than the Chicago area by the end of the year. We're just using my wife's car right now and she's getting tired of it. She wants me to get something I'll enjoy and keep and we both know that 2013 was the only car I ever regretted trading in so she said I can get a new 2024 after we finish moving and finish paying off her car. Should be around January or February. I'd love an Ecoboost in Atlas Blue Metallic with the Nite Pony Package and the Ecoboost High equipment group. Not sure I'll be able to order one though so I may just have to see what's on the lot when I'm ready.

Anyway, I look forward to being around here again and seeing other's 2024s and more again!
Welcome back @Maverick128. Hope to see you in a New 2024 soon. Then you will have to tell us all about it. Love to hear all the great stuff on the new ones.

Originally Posted by TomServo92
I still have my 2015 GT. It's not quite stock any longer though. I've added an Airaid CAI, MBRP exhaust, GT350 Track Pack spoiler and a custom 93 octane peformance tune. I also did some custom painting of the intake cover.

Looking good @TomServo92 ! The car is looking great! Welcome back to TMS!

Originally Posted by unnoticedtrails
Car is looking mean in that shot @unnoticedtrails. Great Picture angle! Glad you are still around. Welcome back to posting.

Originally Posted by GrnT
Very sharp looking '06.GT @GrnT ! Car is looking pretty perfect in that shot! Very nice Mark! Welcome back.

Originally Posted by Kluski
I'm still around with my 2005 GT that I ordered in July of 2004 and picked up on Nov 18, 2004. Got in a doozy of an accident and had to replace the front clip and engine back in 2009, but still running strong. Only have 28k miles, but also just put in a set of Ford Racing cams for a beautiful sound.

For some reason pictures get stuck at 90% loading when I try.

I Saw These in the Recent Post Section Are These The Ones?

Don't Know Why they Would Not Load For You. I will Check Your Member Pages For Settings. KC

@Kluski , Sorry to hear of you accident back when the car was still fairly new. Looking sharp in these photos and sound like she is better than new. Glad you and the car are still here on TMS! Nice to see you posting!

Originally Posted by fabman
Still alive....current rides are my little pony and a Tremor to drag it around with.

Glad you are still here @fabman . Looks like you are burning up the track in your '06 GT. Welcome back to TMS!

The following 6 users liked this post by shaneyusa:
05stangkc (10/10/23), fabman (10/10/23), m05fastbackGT (10/10/23), Maverick128 (10/10/23), TomServo92 (10/10/23), unnoticedtrails (10/10/23) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: REINTRODUCTION FOR CURRENT ACTIVE MEMBERS!