Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Owner of an 06 and 07 Shelby GT-H Coupe and Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 12/25/14, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Owner of an 06 and 07 Shelby GT-H Coupe and Convertible

Hi All,
I just joined this forum after seeing the car I just bought up here in NH was featured by the moderator back in 2007 when it was rented in Florida. I currently have two Shelby GT-H mustangs.

I have always been a Shelby Mustang guy since I was a kid - I loved the 66 fastback GT350H and knew the Hertz story very well. When the new Mustang came out in 2005 I was committed to buying one but I had two young kids and so it was minivan time. I got totally hooked again when I saw one of the then new coupe GT-H Hertz Mustangs parked in the lot at my work outside of Boston back in the summer of 2006. I thought that was the best looking mustang I had ever seen and I was in love with the idea that you could buy a Shelby mustang again! I thought at that time I would someday own one but that was short-lived when they first were sold to the public for $50K and up... Fast forward to last Christmas and being snowed in with nothing else to do I started thinking maybe they are more reasonably priced now. I started surfing the internet looking for one. Found a good deal in Ohio for CSM06H452 and bought it sight unseen after I confirmed the documents were all there and some detailed photos. It all worked out and was delivered last February. That car was rented out of Orlando, FL and I bought it from a dealer who had purchased it from the original owner after Hertz. I tracked him down through the Team Shelby forum and he gave me the history of the car from when he bought it. Overall a very nice driver quality car which is what I wanted with less than 30K miles and all-original including the gold stripes which are faded and stained but not so bad they need replacing.

I was pretty much hooked at that point and started looking for a matching 2007 GT-H Convertible. I had tried to buy a couple of them for sale in NY and NJ but couldn't close a deal. After getting back from a long-haul business trip in early November, I settled down on a Friday night with a beer and my IPad and scanned Craigslist. Listed for less than an hour was the car I eventually bought which was stored up here in NH about an hour from my house. I am currently restoring the interior which is pretty tired and the rear window has separated from the canvas which I believe is a common problem on these cars. The car had painted stripes already but most everything else was there and original... except the must-have Hertz and Shelby paperwork. The owner was elderly and frankly pretty clueless about the car and what he had. He said he never had any paperwork with the car and didn't know what I was taking about. I took the chance as the price was right that the paperwork was still at Hertz and had been never claimed. Amazingly about half of the cars owners have never claimed the paperwork or the dash plates from Hertz and Shelby. I lucked out that my car was one of those and after some searching found the right person at Hertz and they sent me the missing documents.

The other great thing about this car is it is CSM07H0253 which is the SAME CAR that is pictured in high-resolution here on the TMS gallery for the 07 Shelby Hertz convertible.

I have also picked up a fair amount of 'stuff' from when the car was launched from Shelby - including one of the very rare jackets given to a few SA employees who built the cars back in 06. I am looking for the unlikely find of rental papers from either of my cars.....

I would love to hear from anyone else who may know anything about my two cars or the off-chance you rented one of them. Sorry for the long-winded introduction.....Merry Christmas
Paul
06 Shelby GT-H 06H452
07 Shelby GT-H 07H253
Old 12/26/14, 06:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
Welcome aboard. Glad to have you here. Post a few pictures of your rides
Old 12/28/14, 12:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome.
Old 12/28/14, 09:34 PM

Welcome! Great story about your Rent-A-Racer's! Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. I echo Glenn's request for photos.
Old 12/28/14, 10:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool story! Thanks for sharing! Hope u find what u are looking for. Post some pics...we wanna see!!
Old 12/28/14, 10:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Welcome Paul. I'm jealous.
Old 12/28/14, 11:05 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
I was positioned close an H car at a car show this past summer. It was black and gold/yellow i think? Gorgeous cars
Would love to see some photos
Old 12/29/14, 07:17 PM

Pictures of my two Shelby GT-Hs

Thanks for the replies. I only have a few pics of my 06 hardtop which was taken at a show in Laconia, NH this summer. I thought I would have solid shot at winning best Shelby American but I didn't as just my luck another GT-H with lower miles showed up from Mass and parked next to mine. But it did get a lot of attention and next year I park them side by side. The pic of my 07 is the only one I took before I parked it ahead of the first snow storm of the season. Sorry that one isn't very good and the car was still pretty filthy. Wish I had thought of taking pictures of the car when it was still parked in the barn I found it in.

Owner of an 06 and 07 Shelby GT-H Coupe and Convertible-photo-2.jpg

Owner of an 06 and 07 Shelby GT-H Coupe and Convertible-photo-3.jpg

Owner of an 06 and 07 Shelby GT-H Coupe and Convertible-picture-4.jpg
Old 12/29/14, 07:21 PM

TMSBrad rented my car! #253

Oh and how could I forget but to post a picture of my 07 from when TMSBrad rented it back in 2007! I'm assuming that is him in the picture?

Owner of an 06 and 07 Shelby GT-H Coupe and Convertible-miami_20071119_030_original.jpg
Old 12/29/14, 07:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Beautiful!!!!!