Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

New from TX

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/19, 09:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New from TX

Hello all,

New to the forum from the Waco area. I've had a '14 GT for about 3 weeks now. The mod bug bit before I even had the car home and I admittedly can't leave anything alone, so we'll see where it goes from here!

I'm sure social media has put a damper on forum use, but forums have always been a great help to me in the past. Look forward to working with those who still visit, and appreciate the wealth of knowledge of members past and present!

-Dustin
Old 4/27/19, 05:28 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,583 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your recent "14" GT purchase.

Old 4/27/19, 07:43 PM

Guess I should’ve seen that coming...here ya go! From the day I picked it up. Nothing has changed since then except for losing the muffler deletes that we’re on it

The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (4/28/19)
Old 4/28/19, 07:46 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
Welcome to TMS, congrats & good luck with your mods..
Old 4/28/19, 09:52 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Welcome! Love the car. Of course I am a little partial to the Sterling Gray's. Looks to be in very clean, and good condition. As for the exterior looks mostly stock. Only change I notice is it looks like you have a Boss Grill, but with the GT fog lights. Very nice, can you tell us a little about it? Let the fun begin!
Old 4/28/19, 10:46 AM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
Welome, once you start down the mod path you never know where it is going to take you. Forum use is down, but there is still a wealth of knowledge on here that can be accessed with the search functions.
dlrobert95 (4/28/19)
Old 4/28/19, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by dlrobert95
Guess I should’ve seen that coming...here ya go! From the day I picked it up. Nothing has changed since then except for losing the muffler deletes that we’re on it

You have a very awesome ride. So which brand of muffler deletes did you remove and what didn't you like about them? In the meantime, thanks for sharing
Old 4/28/19, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
You have a very awesome ride. So which brand of muffler deletes did you remove and what didn't you like about them? In the meantime, thanks for sharing
The deletes that came off were Magnaflow branded... or at least the tips were. As far as not liking them, I loved the way it sounded but the drone at 60-70mph drove me nuts in short order. Very happy with the SLP Power-flo’s that replaced them though!
Old 4/28/19, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Welcome! Love the car. Of course I am a little partial to the Sterling Gray's. Looks to be in very clean, and good condition. As for the exterior looks mostly stock. Only change I notice is it looks like you have a Boss Grill, but with the GT fog lights. Very nice, can you tell us a little about it? Let the fun begin!
I thought that might be a Boss grille. I knew it wasn’t the OE grille, for sure.

I don’t have a great deal of info from its past life, but what I can tell you is it’s had 2 owners in the Houston area prior to me, and it’s dealer service records look as though is was taken care of as it should be. I picked it up with 58K on the clock, and it appeared stock except for the Airaid CAI, X-pipe, and muffler deletes.

McLeod clutch line going in this afternoon!
shaneyusa (6/1/19)
Old 4/28/19, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by dlrobert95
The deletes that came off were Magnaflow branded... or at least the tips were. As far as not liking them, I loved the way it sounded but the drone at 60-70mph drove me nuts in short order. Very happy with the SLP Power-flo’s that replaced them though!
I know exactly what you mean when it concerns drone. Although I like the overall sound of my Borla S-type (stingers) the drone is just horrible between 1500-2500 RPM on the highway at 60-70 MPH. After researching 3 different replacement options, I've decided to go with the Roush Extreme cat-back exhaust which is also an axle-back delete but also includes a pair of high-flow resonators that are mid-mounted before the rear axle. I also considered Ford Racing FR500S axle-back mufflers which appear to have zero drone and also gave Borla Atak mufflers some serious consideration as well, but in the end, I liked the sound and mid-muffler design of the Roush cat-back system most of all. Anyway, it's really good to know how very happy you are with your SLP Power-Flo's, congrats