Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

New girl from Colorado!

Search this Thread

Old 12/9/11, 08:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by texastboneking
No I'm not single. Unless you left me
Don't be that guy.
Old 12/9/11, 10:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Welcome aboard.

Looking forward to what you do with some paint.
Old 12/9/11, 10:21 AM
V6 Member

hi sara
welcome and congrats on your stang! I think it's really cool when girls drive a car like that instead of a VW golf or whatever...
your car is even a manual, right?

about the color, I somehow can understand that you don't like it cause it has a reputation of being more suitable for elderly people lol
Old 12/10/11, 11:12 PM

Thanks everyone!! I wasnt scared away, just out of town for the weekend
....and I will definitely put some pics up when I get her back from paint!
Oh! and I have recently decided that Im giving her some new kicks to go along with the new paint!

Originally Posted by phiggs54
Not too many, just
Al
Dennis
Lee
willie
tbone
Nathan (probably the worst)

Cannot include Gary simce he has powers

I am an angel
(that means Joe hates me)
lol Thanks for the advice

Originally Posted by texastboneking
Really starting to like this site! Hot girls modding v8 mustangs!

Welcome

Let me introduce myself, names bone...... T--bone (James bond accent)
Nice to meet you! I know its rare to find girls that are super into her sweet mustang!

Originally Posted by jose
WOOHOO!! Another Colorado stang owner!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Color...99454090131959
**** right! I will check that out, thanks

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
What's with all the chicks joining lately? Definitely not complaining, just sayin'. Welcome from Texas. Ride looks good. I've actually been debating those headlights, and I have a few questions for ya. How's the quality, and how much of a pain were they to install/aim?
Its cuz girls are awesome I love these headlights, they aren't as bright as I would like so I end up using my fog lights along with my headlights. The quality is decent, they tend to fog a lil after a car wash on a hot day tho. They werent terrible to install, took me a couple hours after a quick soldering lesson from the brother , you have all the freedom in the world as to how they come on. At first I had them set up so the halos came on with the marker lights and the leds came on with the headlights but have since changed it to where the leds and the halos come on with the marker lights. Miner were pretty well aimed right out of the package, but they are super easy to aim, you just have to take off your air filter for the driver's side one...I say go for it, I dont regret it one bit!

Originally Posted by paesce
hi sara
welcome and congrats on your stang! I think it's really cool when girls drive a car like that instead of a VW golf or whatever...
your car is even a manual, right?

about the color, I somehow can understand that you don't like it cause it has a reputation of being more suitable for elderly people lol
Yes, it is a manual and yes, that red is prolly my least favorite of Ford's paint colors It will be 10x better in a couple weeks tho!
Old 12/10/11, 11:40 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by SaraMichelle2005GT
Its cuz girls are awesome I love these headlights, they aren't as bright as I would like so I end up using my fog lights along with my headlights. The quality is decent, they tend to fog a lil after a car wash on a hot day tho. They werent terrible to install, took me a couple hours after a quick soldering lesson from the brother , you have all the freedom in the world as to how they come on. At first I had them set up so the halos came on with the marker lights and the leds came on with the headlights but have since changed it to where the leds and the halos come on with the marker lights. Miner were pretty well aimed right out of the package, but they are super easy to aim, you just have to take off your air filter for the driver's side one...I say go for it, I dont regret it one bit!
Thanks for the reply and answers. A few more questions, if you don't mind...Would you say the light output is at least as good as stock? And did you re-seal them before installing them?...I think maybe they just weren't sealed properly, which caused the fogging. I'll probably have the halos and LEDs come on with the parking lights. I was thinking about possibly making them both red, but wasn't sure if that would come out too tacky or if I have the time. I'll hopefully be gettin' them after xmas. They remind me of the GTR concept, and I've just always had a thing for 'em. I'm lookin' forward to seein' pics of your new paint.
Old 12/11/11, 01:14 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to TMS! Always nice to have another Mustang chick around here.

I'd say lower your car and throw some suspension on there. Wheels/tires will also change the look, especially depending on the type of wheels you go for.

I also like purple.
Old 12/11/11, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
Thanks for the reply and answers. A few more questions, if you don't mind...Would you say the light output is at least as good as stock? And did you re-seal them before installing them?...I think maybe they just weren't sealed properly, which caused the fogging. I'll probably have the halos and LEDs come on with the parking lights. I was thinking about possibly making them both red, but wasn't sure if that would come out too tacky or if I have the time. I'll hopefully be gettin' them after xmas. They remind me of the GTR concept, and I've just always had a thing for 'em. I'm lookin' forward to seein' pics of your new paint.
The light output is definitely worse than stock...sadly I didnt re-seal them, I know exactly what the problem is...its hard to explain but the wiring comes in thru the top of the light, I know that prolly doesnt make any sense, but you will see what Im talking about when you get them. If you can, or know how, I would change the halos to the super bright halos, I forget what they are called...but the halos arent bright enough for me...you can only really see them at night with the headlights off.

I think I would leave them blue, they look good even on a red car, I get tons of compliments...when they are clean

Originally Posted by Antigini-GT/CS
Welcome to TMS! Always nice to have another Mustang chick around here.

I'd say lower your car and throw some suspension on there. Wheels/tires will also change the look, especially depending on the type of wheels you go for.

I also like purple.
Im thinkin I will wait on my decision about lowering it until after i see the new wheels and tires......purple is so sweet btw! I cant wait to have a purple car Oh! I love your purple stripes too!!!

Last edited by SaraMichelle2005GT; 12/11/11 at 02:01 AM.
Old 12/11/11, 05:31 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

My girl has those same headlights on her Mustang. I dropped a splitter on it though. If those projectors are aimed correctly you should see much better than stock.

I have a two tone car too.

Welcome.
Old 12/11/11, 06:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome! I can't wait to see the colors you've chosen. Hopefully, a darker purple rather than lighter. Got an example of it?

I agree with aiming the headlights properly. A lot people don't think to adjust them when they install aftermarket headlights.
Old 12/11/11, 11:36 AM

I had my lights aimed, idk maybe they werent aimed right...?
This is the purple...
Old 12/11/11, 01:03 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
The light output is definitely worse than stock...sadly I didnt re-seal them, I know exactly what the problem is...its hard to explain but the wiring comes in thru the top of the light, I know that prolly doesnt make any sense, but you will see what Im talking about when you get them. If you can, or know how, I would change the halos to the super bright halos, I forget what they are called...but the halos arent bright enough for me...you can only really see them at night with the headlights off. I think I would leave them blue, they look good even on a red car, I get tons of compliments...when they are clean
Hmmm, I guess I'll have to see when I get them, and go from there.
Originally Posted by Barricade
My girl has those same headlights on her Mustang. I dropped a splitter on it though. If those projectors are aimed correctly you should see much better than stock.
I have a two tone car too.
Welcome.
Thanks for the reassurance. I'll probably add the splitter as well.
This is the purple...
I think that'll look good. Definitely somethin' different...
Old 12/11/11, 01:15 PM

I agree, i love that color!! I also want the splitters, its like those headlights were made for them
Old 12/11/11, 01:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
Thanks everyone

Its gonna be black & gto purple, two-tone

Im in Northern Colorado, like north of Greeley in a little town that you have prolly never heard of
Nice! I went to UNC.
Old 12/11/11, 06:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
Welcome again
Old 12/12/11, 04:14 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome! Car looks good, can't wait to see it with the new paint job.

If anyone needs help with Gary, just let me know.