Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

My new vert finally arrived....BUT

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/05, 10:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think CG205 does deserve the car at invoice. If the dealer has made it a practice to sell 5 cars to his family at X-pan or invoice, why should it change now? Shouldn't he expect that same service every time he buys a car there? I think so.
Old 5/12/05, 10:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by 92lx5.0@May 12, 2005, 9:04 PM
CG205,

I think you're being very greedy. We all like a deal but darn, every car you buy you want for invoice? I dont like car dealers, but they diserve to make atleast 50 cents off your cheap hiney. Youre next car, why dont you try to get it 8,000 off invoice. I'm sure you diserve a free car and for the dealer to lose money.

Love Mike
It doesn't have anything to do with deserving the car at invoice. It was the deal he made with salesman, plain and simple. The dealership ought to honor it since their agent (the salesman) made it. Since there isn't anything in writing, legally they don't have to honor it. But considering he has a long history of he and his family buying from the dealership, it would make good business sense to make a long standing customer happy.
Old 5/13/05, 12:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Man you got screwed out of paying invoice but most of the world would be glad to get one for list price. Most of the greedy bast_rds are charging 6 to 7K over list.

I was giddy when I got my GT Vert for list price plus the paying $500.00 for a $100.00 security system.

If you paid $2500 over invoice you still got it for less than sticker and the rest of the world. Since the car is so hot it will hold its value for a long time and you will enjoy the heck out of driving it when it is new and still getting noticed. Eventually nobody will turn their head to look at a new Mustang.

If I knew there were no more GT's for the year I would give my best customers a fair price but I wouldn't give it away for no profit.

You have still won.
Old 5/13/05, 07:24 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Local newspapers usually eat this stuff up like candy. See if you can get them to print the story on the opposite page of the dealerships Sunday ads. Wouldn't that be fun??

Old 5/13/05, 08:27 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Colvindesign@May 12, 2005, 8:31 PM
do a complete write up, tell them how many vehicles you have bought form them before, and send it to Ford, tell them this is why you will now be looking at other products (even if it is a lie). Inform them that you are 100% able to file a suite, since a verbal contract is a contract, and that you'd rather not deal with all that and will now just take your business and your suggestions to all your friends and family elswhere. This hurts them, and they will do something about it.

Then do the news thing and local newspapers as well.

Breaking a verbal contract is Illegal.

EXCELLENT SUGGESTION!!!!

I am having issues w/ the dealership I got my car from... they're crooks too IMO.... I'll never deal with Crossroads Ford in Frankfurt KY again.
Old 5/13/05, 12:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[quote=dtdebuty,May 12, 2005, 4:34 PM]
Originally Posted by 05fordgt,May 12, 2005, 6:12 PM
Hey Dave, I work at a dealership, and we don't do anything like what you described above. I know some do, but we don't at all. I just hope you aren't implying that all dealers are out to screw people over.

Hey Jeff,

I am not implying that all dealerships do that and I should have said so. Please accept my apology in advance. There are dealerships and sales people out there with good standards, professionalism and are 100% ethical. Unfortunately, and maybe just for my luck, I have mostly dealt with the bad ones. However, I must say that recently I have been dealing with a new dealership on some warranty wotk such as the popping noise, fuel tank, and CD player along with some body repairs and they have been awesome. I have never bought a car from them as of yet but I do plan to in the future. The name of the dealership for those interested is Marshal Mize Frd in Chattanooga, TN.
Hey David, no apology necessary my friend . I am sorry to hear about your experiences in buying a new car. Buying a car is suppost to be fun and exciting, and its a shame that there are too many dealers who take the fun out of it. Too bad you don't live in the Southeast Pa. region. I love selling Mustangs, especially to fellow car enthusiasts. Hopefully your next purchase will be an excellent experience.
Old 5/13/05, 01:39 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by 92lx5.0@May 12, 2005, 11:04 PM
CG205,

I think you're being very greedy. We all like a deal but darn, every car you buy you want for invoice? I dont like car dealers, but they diserve to make atleast 50 cents off your cheap hiney. Youre next car, why dont you try to get it 8,000 off invoice. I'm sure you diserve a free car and for the dealer to lose money.

Love Mike

Sorry Mike, but I had another dealer willing to sell me the same car for invoice, and you can find many people on this and other forums who have bought new 'stangs at invoice or with X-plan (I'm eligible for that also). A dealer can sell for under invoice and still make money, even when no rebates are in effect.

Why is someone greedy just because they want to get a fair deal? Even at invoice, the dealer is getting full holdback...and that's a bunch of bucks...., and if they won't do it, say it up front and I'll make other arrangements. Don't lie and say you will when you don't intend to keep the agreement. Years ago I sold cars for 5 years, and was even a part owner of a used car lot for a number of years. There is no excuse for flat out lying to a customer.....especially one who has bought other cars from you over the years, and would have bought more in the future.

If you want to pay MSRP or greater for your cars, more power to you. But the salesman may be snickering at you as you drive out.
Old 5/13/05, 03:18 PM
Bullitt Member

It's apparant that many dealers are very shortsighted when it comes to nuturing customers for future business. Sure is hard to figure out since we the consumer always love to find an honest dealer that truly values their customers. I personally go out of my way to tell others that are in the market for a new car about dealers that I've had good and bad experiences with. I wish you well for the eventual purchase of your Mustang.
Old 5/13/05, 11:01 PM
V6 Member

Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O.Box 6248
Dearborn, Michigan 48126
1-800-392-3673(FORD)
TDD for the hearing impaired:1-800-232-5952
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM local time