Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

A Long Time in the Making

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/15, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile A Long Time in the Making

As is appropriate, an introduction.

I'd wanted to be a Mustang owner since I was a pup, now 35 or so years ago. Various life happenings seemed to keep the dream beyond an arms-length away, so for the longest time becoming a Mustang owner was buried away in the "wouldn't it be grand" area in the recesses of my mind.

Loved the Fox-bodied numbers from my teen years, yet didn't care much for what followed in the mid-90s to 2004. Then the 2005s came out, and the first one I saw in the wild was in a mall parking lot. I was in love with the retro lines, and circled it maybe three or four times to soak it in. But still, it was a fantasy at best.

Life has become better than ever as of late. I spent the last year-plus researching all that I could about the 2011-14 GTs, and annoyed my friends and co-workers with my passion for the Mustang. When the time came to get serious about buying, I decided that I wasn't all that thrilled with the 2015s and decided to go for a low-mileage 2013-14 model.

A month ago, I finally pulled the trigger on a black 2014 base GT with low miles and a doable price. Today my cheek muscles look like Schwarzenegger's calves in his prime. I walk by the car and I still feel like it's a dream, and when I drive it I am exactly where I belong at that moment. The sound is intoxicating, though I am still putting money into a sound system that will heighten the driving experience (installing myself, of course). Over time it will get performance and aesthetic modifications, because just like any other Mustang fanatic I must make this car my own expression of my love for the platform.

This is MY CAR. I've never had anything like it, and will care for it as it deserves to be treated. My dream has been achieved, and a hobby born from it.

I am a Mustang owner, and life is DAMNED good.
Old 4/6/15, 10:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the TMS family!