Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

How to get the most performance out of a v6?

Search this Thread

Old 10/19/11, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to get the most performance out of a v6?

So v6 was the first car I purchased (08).
I was talked out of a gt by moms bf because he said it was my first car and a mustang v6 had all the power I needed. I should have thought twice as he drives a Honda (not saying Anything is wrong with Hondas). But now I find myself kicking myself in the rear every time I see a gt fly by on the freeway and i ask myself, "can I get mine nearly to that level of performance? And how?" I feel like I have a cap gun compared to most. Whomp whomp whomp... Would a supercharger do anything for me or am I completely barking up the wrong tree here?

DSHEP

Ps plan on eventually getting duel exhaust w flow masters and eback (or however you spell it) suspension.

Cheers
Old 10/19/11, 10:56 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you really want a supercharger it will cost you around $4500 to be able to walk a GT.
If thats out of your price range a good CAI and tuner will help alot with throttle responce and performance. AM is a great place to browse and get an idea of what you want, I'll include a link to a nice combo kit. Let us know what you decide, and if you have any questions.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005v6...ator2-kit.html
Old 10/20/11, 12:01 AM

Thanks I'll check it out.....
Old 10/20/11, 12:04 AM

Yeah a supercharger is pretty steep... I'd like to start saving money to put all my dreams into a restored classic mustang... It just pains me to see the gt's of the world with so much power and mine.. Well mine with so much less lol... I'll defiantly do the tuner instead of the charger based on cost and my future plans but how do you know what tuner is truly the best.. There seems to be a lot out there... My guess would be that they all do reasonably the same thing..
Old 10/20/11, 12:41 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The SCT is the most popular and the most supported now. If you buy from AM you get free updated tunes for life, good if you get future upgrades.

My first Stang was a V6, enjoy it and upgrade later in life when insurance is cheaper lol. There will always be somebody faster out there, my poor '06 GT came with over 100 HP less than my 5.0.
Old 10/20/11, 12:43 AM
Cobra Member

I'm all honestly man it's your first car, you should be proud of it. How old are you btw? My first car when I was 17 a 05 v6, had it about 1 year had wonderful memories in that car that I wouldn't trade for anything. I felt the exact way as a GT would go by or mess with me, but at the end of the day your car is a mustang. Eventually as you get older you will move into a better mustang and at the rate the performance stats keep getting better the v6 will still be a great car. Look at the 2011's they are pushing 305 at the fly wheel. So just be smart with your money, get a good job and save up. You'll get there eventually, until then just enjoy your mustang.
Old 10/20/11, 05:57 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
a blower on an 4.0 v6 will most definitely not 'walk' a GT unless it has a lot more done to it.. I would just enjoy the car as it is now and maybe later in life buy a v8 Mustang.

Originally Posted by Planeswalker
If you really want a supercharger it will cost you around $4500 to be able to walk a GT.
If thats out of your price range a good CAI and tuner will help alot with throttle responce and performance. AM is a great place to browse and get an idea of what you want, I'll include a link to a nice combo kit. Let us know what you decide, and if you have any questions.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005v6...ator2-kit.html

Last edited by topbliss; 10/20/11 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10/20/11, 06:56 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just save your money.
Old 10/20/11, 10:50 AM

Most defiantly gents.... I hear you loud and clear.... Makes sense.... Great advice on here... Just what I was looking for (I'm 24 by the way, someone had asked. Had the car since I was 20).

Thanks again to all you guys.... Really helps

DSHEP