Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Greetings from Europe

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/18, 12:36 PM
GTi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings from Europe

Hi,
Greetings from Montenegro, Europe. I have a 2008 Mustang GT and over here Mustangs are considered highly exotic.

2008 Mustang GT
Old 5/12/18, 12:41 PM
GTi

Old 5/12/18, 02:10 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Welcome and nice ride!
Old 5/12/18, 04:08 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
You're "08" GT is awesome and welcome to TMS
Old 5/13/18, 07:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member Eu Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Netherlands
Old 5/13/18, 08:00 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Welcome to TMS! You ave a very sharp looking Stang! Beautiful car!
Old 5/13/18, 01:20 PM
GTi

Thanx for nice words

My Mustang is relatively low mileage (26k miles) and I try to keep it in mint condition. Besides Flowmaster Outlaws, K^N filter and chin spoiler it is stock.

Lately I am thinking about boosting it to keep up with new breed of turbo cars that have taken the streets lately. Considering DOB 450 or Whipple variants while keeping engine stock. The thing that makes me indecisive is price-gain ratio. You see, I'm from Europe and any of these variants would cost up to 10k euro (10k+ USD) plus the the risk if I run in to some issues, there are no Mustang inclined mechanics in my country :/ .
I would not like to go trough all this trouble and then get embarrassed by some new chipped hot hatch

What do You think?
Old 5/13/18, 03:57 PM

The hot hatch owner would probably be envious on the fact that his car isnt a Mustang alone.

While I do like to push the pedal, I know there are many turbo’d cars that put out more than mine. But I don’t really care. I have a car that has the name to potentially be fast, but I never felt the need to know I can prove that fact.

I drive mine daily, and with gas prices here closing in on $8 per gallon, I am not inclined to tinker with the engine to produce more speed. That would most certainky up the fuel-consumption.

Now if I wanted a fun car just for the weekends, I’d have probably looked for a car that already produced a lot of power, and had this config for a while to make sure it works.

While parts are available to make a Mustang better, you should always keep potential shipping costs in mind. When I needed some body parts, the shipping was about half the cost of the parts. Could’ve been because of the dimensions, but I figure weight also factors in.

If at all possible a local shop might be able to provide you with possibilities. Just be sure to do your research on if it’ll fit and work as expected, prior to commitment.

While a problem with the new part and potential engine damage is easier (not to mention cheaper) fixable in the USA, on this end of the globe the shipping cost and shipping time, coupled with local knowledge may cause your car to be out of commission for a while.

Personally I don’t deem it worth that much to rub some faces in it. They’re envious already, and I don’t feel the need to prove their car is faster.
Old 5/14/18, 07:23 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Originally Posted by Neko-
The hot hatch owner would probably be envious on the fact that his car isnt a Mustang alone.

While I do like to push the pedal, I know there are many turbo’d cars that put out more than mine. But I don’t really care. I have a car that has the name to potentially be fast, but I never felt the need to know I can prove that fact.

I drive mine daily, and with gas prices here closing in on $8 per gallon, I am not inclined to tinker with the engine to produce more speed. That would most certainky up the fuel-consumption.

Now if I wanted a fun car just for the weekends, I’d have probably looked for a car that already produced a lot of power, and had this config for a while to make sure it works.

While parts are available to make a Mustang better, you should always keep potential shipping costs in mind. When I needed some body parts, the shipping was about half the cost of the parts. Could’ve been because of the dimensions, but I figure weight also factors in.

If at all possible a local shop might be able to provide you with possibilities. Just be sure to do your research on if it’ll fit and work as expected, prior to commitment.

While a problem with the new part and potential engine damage is easier (not to mention cheaper) fixable in the USA, on this end of the globe the shipping cost and shipping time, coupled with local knowledge may cause your car to be out of commission for a while.

Personally I don’t deem it worth that much to rub some faces in it. They’re envious already, and I don’t feel the need to prove their car is faster.

Sound advice. Especially if help with potential issues is limited and $8 a gallon is painful enough.
Old 5/14/18, 03:14 PM
GTi

Unfortunately my real issue is not about rubbing faces but the fact that while I really do like the looks and the sound , I'm not really pleased with 3v's performance...
Old 5/15/18, 08:38 AM

Then you might want to start smaller, istead of tossing on an SC or Turbo right away.

Get an airfilter. Possibly get a tuner which may also help performance.

Prior to massive upgrades be sure to inform yourself the brakes can handle the extra output. Check your transmission and driveshaft can handle that output from the engine. And make sure the engine parts can deal with it. Adding power might result in a need to also replace the engines internal components.

Also, make sure you inform yourself of extra mounts that may need to be welded in, to prevent the body from getting twisted. Slapping more power into a car doesn’t stop with just adding power.
Old 5/15/18, 03:19 PM
GTi

Bolt on parts for 3v will not give me what I need, and most of them make no difference if I finally go supercharged (and I will have to in order to get some real power).
Anyways, info that I came across online says that stock 3v engine and transmission can hold up to 450 wheel hp and that is what You get with some "plug in" starter pack supercharge kits on offer. Well, I suppose I'll have to upgrade clutch too at least.
450whp sounds just about right for me, but I have never experienced 3v Mustang in that configuration and I'm wondering if it will be at par with let's say current turbo m3/m4 that have similar power. If that is not the level of performance to expect its not worth the trouble to me.

Suspension and brakes are no worry to me as they're relatively straight forward modifications.