Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Fun drive through the Adirondacks

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/05, 03:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My g/f and I went to Burlington for the weekend. Coming back we took our time cruising through the Adirondacks, via Lake Placid. You can see the Olympic ski jump in the background of one picture.
I can't stop driving this car!
Old 6/13/05, 04:19 PM
Cobra Member

incredible pictures Tom!!!
Old 6/13/05, 04:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Tom your car looks great with the background of the Lake Placid area.

Here's the Ski Jumps without my car in the picture. Living in Plattsburgh I and the wife are in Lake Placid all the time. Some great photo opts.
Old 6/13/05, 05:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Tom.

We are going on vacation in July and plan on a week of just driving through the New England states, so hope to have some great pics to show when we return. The end of July we are attending the super chevy show with some friends in N.H. darn just can't enter the MUSTANG!
Old 6/13/05, 05:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by billsstang@June 13, 2005, 5:06 PM
Tom.

We are going on vacation in July and plan on a week of just driving through the New England states, so hope to have some great pics to show when we return. The end of July we are attending the super chevy show with some friends in N.H. darn just can't enter the MUSTANG!

Hey Bill - we'll be looking forward to seeing those pics! Are you going to wear the Ford colors at least?
Old 6/13/05, 05:58 PM
Cobra Member

Hey Tom, thanks for the photos! That scenery is sweet, and the backgrounds are nice too.

Gettin' to spend some quality time with your new ride. That's good to hear. Making up for the long wait I suppose? I don't imagine you'll get tired of driving this car for a good long time.

I saw you're planning to put the side window louvres on. A guy in another thread recommended that you paint the inside of the louvres to match your interior. I think that's sound advice...
Old 6/13/05, 06:06 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by CelticCub@June 13, 2005, 6:01 PM
Hey Tom, thanks for the photos! That scenery is sweet, and the backgrounds are nice too.

Gettin' to spend some quality time with your new ride. That's good to hear. Making up for the long wait I suppose? I don't imagine you'll get tired of driving this car for a good long time.

I saw you're planning to put the side window louvres on. A guy in another thread recommended that you paint the inside of the louvres to match your interior. I think that's sound advice...

Hey Chris,

Definitely spending lots of time with the new ride. I can't help myself! I'm painting the inside of the louvers black. Thanks for the tip.
Old 6/13/05, 07:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice pictures and another fun weekend enjoying our new cars.
Old 6/13/05, 08:14 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Great pictures Tom , thanks for stopping long enough to post them .
Old 6/13/05, 08:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

my family goes up there every summer, we stay in the Tupper Lake area. This year i'm bringing my car up, there are some amazing roads up there.
Old 6/13/05, 08:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by yur1279@June 13, 2005, 8:32 PM
my family goes up there every summer, we stay in the Tupper Lake area. This year i'm bringing my car up, there are some amazing roads up there.

You'll have a blast!!
Old 6/13/05, 10:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Great snaps Tom!
I love driving through that area. Did you stop in at the vintage car show at the Shelburne museum just outside Burlington?
My girlfriend and I have gone to the show for the weekend with my '65 , and into Burlington for supper on the Saturday night. It makes for a very nice weekend.
I went to Carlisle this year with the guys instead though, also had a great time.

Nice new ride Bill!
I came to your office about a year ago with my '03 True Blue GT like the one you had, but mine was a coupe! Now I also have a black and red '05 like yours, but once again mine is a coupe!
I might be in Plattsburg this week, if I am I'll drop by to say hi.

Paul
Old 6/14/05, 05:03 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by 65gtfastback@June 13, 2005, 10:49 PM
Great snaps Tom!
I love driving through that area. Did you stop in at the vintage car show at the Shelburne museum just outside Burlington?
My girlfriend and I have gone to the show for the weekend with my '65 , and into Burlington for supper on the Saturday night. It makes for a very nice weekend.
I went to Carlisle this year with the guys instead though, also had a great time.

Nice new ride Bill!
I came to your office about a year ago with my '03 True Blue GT like the one you had, but mine was a coupe! Now I also have a black and red '05 like yours, but once again mine is a coupe!

Paul

Thanks Paul. No, I didn't know about the show. Would have been worth stopping at....maybe next year.
Old 6/14/05, 07:14 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If only I lived in an area with scenery like that
Old 6/14/05, 07:36 AM
Bullitt Member

QUOTE(65gtfastback @ June 13, 2005, 10:49 PM)
Great snaps Tom!

Nice new ride Bill!

Paul
Paul if you are in the area you had better stop, so I can get some pics of your car next to mine. I did not make the Shelburne show this year, it was just to darn hot and humid. But did make the show in Plattsburgh at the end of May, and there is another in P'burgh in acouple of weeks which I intend to be at. Also a big show in Rutland, VT is coming up that I have entered. Now lets see if I can win anything.

Tom
Yes when I go to The Super Chevy show I will only wear MUSTANG colors.
All I will pack is mustang tee shirts and hats, have to have fun with those chevy folks.
Old 6/14/05, 09:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

For you guys that live up there, is there anythign interestign goign on the week of July 30-Aug 5?
Old 6/14/05, 09:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Roy
There is nothing going on up in the Adrondacks that week, but in Epping N.H. is the super chevy show on July 29-31 also all trucks National in Calisle Pa. Aug 5- 7