Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Another Mopar Traitor!!

Search this Thread

Old 4/24/13, 09:54 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Mopar Traitor!!

Well I wanna say hello to all you Blue Oval guys!!
As the title says, I have been a die hard Mopar guy my whole life (and this is my FIRST no Mopar car!).....From what I hear you have a few of US Charger converts around here!!
I had a 2009 Daytona RT that wasn't cutting it for me, and making fast, was starting to get expensive......so I decided I was going to trade it in for a SRT8 Challenger! Some how my buddy talked me into test driving a 5.0 Mustang (this happened on Monday) and before I knew it, I was signing the paperwork over for my Daytona, and taking the keys for a Mustang!!
No regrets here, the speed is there, and at a fraction of the cost of a 392 Challenger!

Anyways while I'm here figure I'd throw this question out:
I have been going through this forum, as well as other Mustang Forums, and see that a big majority of the people are using the SCT Tuner! I have a Diablosport Trinity T-1000 that I was using on the charger, and with an update it should work on the Mustang!
Now I know the tuner is just the hardware, the actual tune is what counts...etc. The question is should I sell the Trinity and get a SCT or Keep the Trinity? Is there more support for the SCT tuners? or do I see alot of those around just because they are cheaper?

And lastly, what would you recommend for upgrades?
I do have a Airaid CAI, (On the way somewhere) Tuner (trying to decide if I should update the Trinity, or sell it for a SCT) RTR black wheels, and RTR front splitter (are in the plans, I hate the factory wheels on my car, and the splitter (needs to cover up a scratch that was put on the car pulling it out of the show room floor (dealer took 300 off the price...if I'm not mistaken that the price of the splitter!!) O and windows tints (a must on any car)

Any other cheapish upgrades would be nice!! (supercharger out of the question for now! LOL)

Any ways below are some pix of the Old ride, and the new ride!!!
Attached Thumbnails Another Mopar Traitor!!-p7090008.jpg   Another Mopar Traitor!!-p7200025.jpg   Another Mopar Traitor!!-p7200031.jpg   Another Mopar Traitor!!-p7200027.jpg   Another Mopar Traitor!!-dsc00919.jpg  

Old 4/24/13, 10:12 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Welcome to TMS. I love that Deep Impact Blue. Sorry, no suggestions on a tuner
Old 4/24/13, 10:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
I can't speak for the masses ... but we use SCT exclusively. We have found their hardware and ease of use a great offering for consumers.

We can definitely help tune your car or add any items that you are looking for. Since you are new to the Mustang community ... check us out at steeda.com.

We have been in the industry since 1988 and we are an American owned and made company.

Best Regards,
TJ
Old 4/24/13, 11:36 AM
Cobra Member

Welcome! Beautiful car! And yes those wheels have to go! The RTRs are a nice choice btw
Old 4/24/13, 12:00 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
I can't speak for the masses ... but we use SCT exclusively. We have found their hardware and ease of use a great offering for consumers.

We can definitely help tune your car or add any items that you are looking for. Since you are new to the Mustang community ... check us out at steeda.com.

We have been in the industry since 1988 and we are an American owned and made company.

Best Regards,
TJ
OK thanx, well in that case, I will have to sell the Trinity, and I'm going to get the SCT Tuner, since seems like that's what everyone uses!!!
Originally Posted by ManInABox
Welcome! Beautiful car! And yes those wheels have to go! The RTRs are a nice choice btw
Yeah I love the RTR wheels, now..... anyone want a set of ugly wheels?
LOL
Originally Posted by phiggs54
Welcome to TMS. I love that Deep Impact Blue. Sorry, no suggestions on a tuner
Thanx!
Old 4/24/13, 12:12 PM
GT Member

Just thinking about the tuner, is there anyone that uses the diablesport tuner?
Also to the Steeda post above, what is the reasoning behind using only the SCT tuner?
Old 4/24/13, 12:34 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Fudge
Just thinking about the tuner, is there anyone that uses the diablesport tuner?
Also to the Steeda post above, what is the reasoning behind using only the SCT tuner?
I think American Muscle just recently started using diablosport in addition to SCT. But SCT is, by far, more widely supported.
Old 4/24/13, 12:53 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
I think American Muscle just recently started using diablosport in addition to SCT. But SCT is, by far, more widely supported.
OK just wondering!
SCT doesn't make a tuner that will show my 0-60, 1/4 mile times, etc do they?
Old 4/24/13, 01:04 PM
Cobra Member

Oops wrong thread

Last edited by steven46746; 4/24/13 at 01:40 PM.
Old 4/24/13, 01:21 PM
Just Plain Rude!

OK just wondering!
SCT doesn't make a tuner that will show my 0-60, 1/4 mile times, etc do they?
I think maybe the livewire ts has those features. Or try the one that links with your phone. You can also get apps on your phone that will give you that info. I use Torque.
Old 4/24/13, 02:01 PM
GT Member

I think maybe the livewire ts has those features. Or try the one that links with your phone. You can also get apps on your phone that will give you that info. I use Torque.
I did look at the sct iPhone tuner!!
I'm not sure how I feel with my whole life dependent on my phone though!! Lol
Now if I lose my phone (I've been know for doing that) is my car marrow to the phone or the device that plug into the car?
Old 4/24/13, 03:58 PM
Just Plain Rude!

I did look at the sct iPhone tuner!!
I'm not sure how I feel with my whole life dependent on my phone though!! Lol
Now if I lose my phone (I've been know for doing that) is my car marrow to the phone or the device that plug into the car?
It's probably married to your login for the program, or something similar. So if you lose your phone, you just redownload the program and log in again. Note: I do not own this device. I'm just saying the process is probably something similar.
Old 4/24/13, 08:52 PM
GT Member

It's probably married to your login for the program, or something similar. So if you lose your phone, you just redownload the program and log in again. Note: I do not own this device. I'm just saying the process is probably something similar.
I understand!
I will most likely not cause myself any issues and either go with the SCT Livewire or just the x3.
Old 4/24/13, 09:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome! I was behind a burnt orange Daytona yesterday going up my school parking deck. He parked on the end closest to the elevator and I went a little farther and parked on the other end by myself. When I came back to my car I saw that some car had backed plum up against his rear bumper and left the car there still touching the Daytona. It made me sick seeing that.
Old 4/24/13, 10:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Fudge, welcome to TMS

I just ordered an SCT tuner from American Muscle, almost ordered one from Steeda but decided I liked the Bama tune / tuner price / CAI package pricing better than the Steeda set-up, and Airaid offers a free rain shield so that water won't drip on the CAI filter through the hood vent
Old 4/25/13, 12:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You are going to love this car.
Old 4/25/13, 12:41 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Skylar
Welcome! I was behind a burnt orange Daytona yesterday going up my school parking deck. He parked on the end closest to the elevator and I went a little farther and parked on the other end by myself. When I came back to my car I saw that some car had backed plum up against his rear bumper and left the car there still touching the Daytona. It made me sick seeing that.
O you have keyed the car that would dare touch a Daytona like that!!
LOL
Yeah that's why I'm the A-Hole that always parks at the very end if te patking log at an angle!!
Originally Posted by Gabe
Fudge, welcome to TMS

I just ordered an SCT tuner from American Muscle, almost ordered one from Steeda but decided I liked the Bama tune / tuner price / CAI package pricing better than the Steeda set-up, and Airaid offers a free rain shield so that water won't drip on the CAI filter through the hood vent
Thank you, and you mentioning CAIs again reminded me: what is the point of the (resonator tube) I think that's what it's called on the intakes? What eould happen if it gets removed?
Old 4/25/13, 06:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
O you have keyed the car that would dare touch a Daytona like that!!
LOL
Yeah that's why I'm the A-Hole that always parks at the very end if te patking log at an angle!!

Thank you, and you mentioning CAIs again reminded me: what is the point of the (resonator tube) I think that's what it's called on the intakes? What eould happen if it gets removed?
Ford calls it a sound tube, it brings in intake sound into the cabin for the driver's enjoyment, lol

There are delete kits out there, I have one from CoolTech, I think it was $14-$15 shipped, some have gotten caps/plugs from Home Depot/Lowe's
Old 4/25/13, 11:14 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Gabe

Ford calls it a sound tube, it brings in intake sound into the cabin for the driver's enjoyment, lol

There are delete kits out there, I have one from CoolTech, I think it was $14-$15 shipped, some have gotten caps/plugs from Home Depot/Lowe's
Yep bought mine there, looks great!
Old 4/25/13, 11:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
WelcomeTo TMS and congrats on the new ride. Don't know if you care about your warranty but I'm pretty sure it will be gone if you install a tune. Also I am sure Steeda will give you a great deal on a tuner and tunes along with any other parts you are looking for. just find your best advertised price and give them a call. From what I have heard/read their tunes give the best bang for the buck. I would also return the airaid and get the steeda intake more hp and tq

Last edited by Glenn; 4/25/13 at 11:34 AM.