Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

2010 Mustang gt Starting issues and radio issues

Search this Thread

Old 3/2/15, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mustang gt Starting issues and radio issues

I just bought my used 2010 mustang gt 4 days ago and I have already ran into a starting issue and a radio issue with the car.
Almost every time I go to start the car I can hear it click but nothing will turn over. All the gauges light up and move but that is it. It looks like the anti-theft light is blinking but I have no idea why it would be. After a couple times taking the key out and taking my foot off the clutch then reapplying it, it will finally turn over and start right up. Runs perfectly fine after that.
Now onto the radio. All it says is "mustang gt" and the temperature off to the side. It is just the base model so I don't think it is the sync version. After driving for about 15 minutes the radio will turn on and work like nothing has happen. I put my battery charger on it and it said it was all charged. The terminals looked clean and I couldn't find anything wrong with it there. It has a ram air intake and a flowmaster axle back exhaust
Old 3/3/15, 04:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
sounds like the car may not be reading the RFID chip in your key as it should, have you tested with anyother keys in your possession? to me it sounds like the microchip may not be getting read by your cars onboard computer system, does the car give any type of error messages (CEL included)?? if not have you hooked a code reader up to make sure? at this point I am going to lean towards the microchip is not communicating with the cars security system as it should...
Old 3/4/15, 08:07 AM

I have another key but it isn't working at the moment. Should I change the battery for it? I put a new battery in a couple days ago and now it starts right up. The radio is still having the same issue before. It wont work for the first 15 minutes of driving but after that if I get out of the car and let it sit for over 2 hours it will not work again, but anytime before that I can start the car and it will work fine. I have checked all the fuses and they are fine. So could the key be the problem? or is there a remote cable that isn't telling the radio to turn on? or is there just a problem with the power getting to the radio? Also there is a CEL for P2005, P2004, and P1000
Old 3/4/15, 11:11 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by agenovese5
I just bought my used 2010 mustang gt 4 days ago and I have already ran into a starting issue and a radio issue with the car.
Almost every time I go to start the car I can hear it click but nothing will turn over. All the gauges light up and move but that is it. It looks like the anti-theft light is blinking but I have no idea why it would be. After a couple times taking the key out and taking my foot off the clutch then reapplying it, it will finally turn over and start right up. Runs perfectly fine after that.
Now onto the radio. All it says is "mustang gt" and the temperature off to the side. It is just the base model so I don't think it is the sync version. After driving for about 15 minutes the radio will turn on and work like nothing has happen. I put my battery charger on it and it said it was all charged. The terminals looked clean and I couldn't find anything wrong with it there. It has a ram air intake and a flowmaster axle back exhaust
Hello agenovese5,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Have you addressed this with your Ford Dealer yet? if not, you should and be sure to speak with your service manager. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

You can schedule an appointment online here. Let me know what they say.

Deysha
Old 3/4/15, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jim74656
sounds like the car may not be reading the RFID chip in your key as it should, have you tested with anyother keys in your possession? to me it sounds like the microchip may not be getting read by your cars onboard computer system, does the car give any type of error messages (CEL included)?? if not have you hooked a code reader up to make sure? at this point I am going to lean towards the microchip is not communicating with the cars security system as it should...
Just bought new battery's for the keys. It didn't help it. The radio still cuts out sometimes when I put the clutch in or when I come to a stop. It sometimes will work better when I am accelorating, but still doesn't work.
Old 3/5/15, 12:01 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If bought at a dealer, that'd be my first stop.
Old 3/5/15, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by rocket7888
If bought at a dealer, that'd be my first stop.
I bought it from a guy not the dealer. I think possibly it could be the anti theft system taking too much power from it, because sometimes when I don't lock the car it will work after sitting for a while. Have you heard anything like that
Old 3/7/15, 11:02 AM

I found the fix. It was the Sirius radio component. They must have been shorting it out or something because after unhooking it. The radio worked perfect every time I drove the car.
Old 3/16/15, 09:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Glad you got it resolved!!