Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Why not to eat mc donalds

Search this Thread

Old 3/22/13, 10:26 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
If you have not seen the documentary entitled "Supersize Me" then I highly recommend it.

Synopsis: This guy ate McDonald's for every meal for a month and it nearly killed him. He also gained 35ish pounds in one month and got erectile disfunction.

My back hurts just thinking about carrying that spare tire all of a sudden. Crazy movie loaded with startling information and so worth watching!
One would think getting ED would be reason enough for a man not to want to eat that much food.
Old 3/23/13, 12:50 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by lexi2013
Make me wana cry. Poor chickens!
is hunting a chicken and then bashing its brains out with a bat any nicer?
Old 3/23/13, 01:22 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok, other than getting fat from it the nuggets and burgers are made from pink paste! The color comes from scraping everything off the bone and mushing it together, so basically it's from the blood of the animal. If that wasnt bad enough the meat used is the left over parts from the animals other places didn't want.
What are you, a short?
Old 3/23/13, 01:38 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
"Unless you grow your own crops, or kill your own animals for meat, you will get what we give you and you WILL LIKE IT."

Pretty much sums it up. Oh, sure, farmers market, good butcher, but... Yeah. I ain't that rich.

I must comment, though, just because the bone is scraped doesn't mean it's the blood of the animal. It means the same as you chewing on the ends of a drumstick of chicken or turkey, getting all that delishush tasties off the ends. Even the marrow itself isn't blood, and if you think that ANY meat has no blood in it, you are... not thinking clearly.

We all eat blood if we eat meat. It's just the way of things.

/True Maple Syrup is tree blood, by the way. And with that, I'm out, peace.
I ain't rich either, at least I don't think I am, but I know exactly where the majority of my meat comes from, especially my beef and pork. I've seen most of them walking around in the pasture. My freezer is packed full of steaks, burgers, sausage, bacon, etc. that I've seen oinking and mooing at some point.
Old 3/23/13, 04:42 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Popcorn is a favorite snack in the United States, with the average American eating almost 54 quarts every year. Although popcorn can be a healthy snack, it can also be dangerous to your health, even exposing you to cancer-causing chemicals. Consider the following five cautions before popping another bag of store-bought microwave popcorn:

1. PFOA. The manufacturers of microwave popcorn coat the bags with a chemical that, according to the FDA, breaks down during the cooking process and forms a chemical called perfluorooctanoic or PFOA. The Environmental Protection Agency classifies PFOA as a likely carcinogen.
2. Diacetyl. A chemical called diacetyl is used to give microwave popcorn a butter flavor — but it also gives rise to bronchiolitis obliterans or "popcorn workers lung." There is disagreement over whether or not ordinary consumers who pop a bag or two a week are at risk, but one court awarded a consumer $7.2 million after developing popcorn lung. A Denver man said he developed the disease from eating two bags of microwave popcorn every day for 10 years. To avoid inhaling diacetyl, open freshly popped bags away from your face, and if you have an exhaust fan attached to your stove, turn it on.
3. Burns. The process of microwaving popcorn in bags causes steam, which can easily cause severe burns to your face and hands. Avoid getting burned when opening a bag of freshly popped corn by keeping your face and hands away from the opening.
4. Tooth damage. Most bags of popcorn have a few unpopped kernels, and those hard pieces can chip and crack teeth. In 2008, a man sued a movie theater after fracturing a tooth on an unpopped kernel. Kernels can also get stuck between teeth causing gum irritation. Eat small amounts at a time and avoid hard unpopped kernels.
5. Fat, salt, and calories. A bag of butter-flavored microwave popcorn can contain up to 24 grams of fat, 500 to 600 milligrams of salt, and about 600 calories. That beats a large popcorn at some movie theaters which can pack as many as 60 grams of fat, but it's far from being healthy.

http://www.newsmaxhealth.com/Headlin...3/21/id/495819
Old 3/23/13, 06:28 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Can't remember the last time I ate at McDonald's. I plan to never do so again. I don't care what the food is made from, it tastes like crap.
Old 3/23/13, 06:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
Ever wonder what's really found in Chicken McNuggets? Some of the ingredients, it turns out, seem to belong more to an industrial factory of some kind, not a food retailer. According to the McDonald's Corporation, its famous Chicken McNuggets are made with ingredients including:
  • Autolyzed yeast extract (which contain free glutamate, similar to MSG),
  • Sodium phosphates and
  • Sodium aluminum phosphate.
But that's not the freaky part. According to McDonald's own website, Chicken McNuggets are also made with:
  • "hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and
  • citric acid added to preserve freshness" and
  • "Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent."
At least two of these ingredients are artificially synthesized industrial chemicals. TBHQ, a petroleum derivative, is used as a stabilizer in perfumes, resins, varnishes and oil field chemicals. Laboratory studies have linked it to stomach tumors. "At higher doses, it has negative health effects on lab animals, such as producing precursors to stomach tumors and damage to DNA. A number of studies have shown that prolonged exposure to high doses of TBHQ may be carcinogenic, especially for stomach tumors." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TBHQ)

Dimethylpolysiloxane, a type of silicone, is used in caulks and sealants, as a filler for breast implants, and as key ingredient in Silly Putty. Says Wikipedia:

"PDMS is also used as a component in silicone grease and other silicone based lubricants, as well as in defoaming agents, mold release agents, damping fluids, heat transfer fluids, polishes, cosmetics, hair conditioners and other applications. PDMS has also been used as a filler fluid in breast implants, although this practice has decreased somewhat, due to safety concerns. PDMS is used variously in the cosmetic and consumer product industry as well. For example, PDMS can be used in the treatment of head lice..."

Not that the other ingredients are any better. Because cotton is not regulated as a food crop, cottonseed oil may contain chemical pesticides that are banned in food production. It is also almost always genetically modified. Hydrogenated oils, of course, typically contain trans fats, the artificially produced fats that are unusable by the body and that studies have linked to a number of detrimental health problems. And autolyzed yeast extract is a chemical taste-enhancing ingredient containing free glutamate that manufacturers use as a friendlier-looking replacement for MSG.

And what about the chicken in Chicken McNuggets? It's factory-farmed chicken, not free-range chicken. So it's the kind of chicken that's typically treated with vaccines and hormones while being fed conventional feed products that are medicated with pharmaceuticals and grown with pesticides.

Yum!! Don't forget to ask for extra dipping sauce. We haven't even talked about what you'll find in there...

Source: 25 Amazing Facts About Food, authored by Mike Adams and David Guiterrez - www.naturalnews.com/032820...

http://foodmatters.tv/articles-1/wha...cnuggets-scary
Old 3/23/13, 07:03 AM
FR500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Its not bad. Third world countries have to pass all kinds of worse stuff through their bodies. I think we can handle a lil less than perfection from our food. Just eat it!
Old 3/23/13, 08:22 AM
V6 Member

One would think getting ED would be reason enough for a man not to want to eat that much food.
Even if you don't get ED from the food, unless you're still a teenager you aint getting laid eating McDs all the time let me tell you.
Old 3/23/13, 08:24 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang

is hunting a chicken and then bashing its brains out with a bat any nicer?
I like to put my chickens out with lethal injection. Much more humane. Lol jk the bat seems like a good stress reliever.
Old 3/23/13, 11:53 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Lol jk the bat seems like a good stress reliever.

Old 3/23/13, 04:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally Posted by CCTking
Its not bad. Third world countries have to pass all kinds of worse stuff through their bodies. I think we can handle a lil less than perfection from our food. Just eat it!
Wow, this. This a whole lot.

/Although I still don't want mercury in my fish...
//or silicone in my fryin' oil... or a whole lotta other crap.
///Then again, I'm still here, so... gimme some McNuggets, man!

Last edited by houtex; 3/23/13 at 04:52 PM.
Old 3/23/13, 04:56 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I like to put my chickens out with lethal injection. Much more humane. Lol jk the bat seems like a good stress reliever.
In Alaska, if a Native asks you to go "clubbing"...then decline.

lets just say its alot different than what you are expecting.
Old 3/24/13, 11:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio

In Alaska, if a Native asks you to go "clubbing"...then decline.

lets just say its alot different than what you are expecting.
I'm from Alaska by clubbing you mean the killing of seals right?
Old 3/24/13, 11:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Nasty
Why not to eat mc donalds-image-123016623.jpg
Old 3/24/13, 11:56 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Yes indeed.
Old 3/24/13, 12:42 PM
GT Member

Vegan/animal rights nuts are everywhere.
Old 3/24/13, 01:30 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I wonder what vegan tastes like?
Old 3/24/13, 01:32 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Blackout
Nasty
That clown looks demonic!
Old 3/24/13, 01:35 PM