Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Why not to eat mc donalds

Search this Thread

Old 3/22/13, 05:15 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why not to eat mc donalds

Ok, other than getting fat from it the nuggets and burgers are made from pink paste! The color comes from scraping everything off the bone and mushing it together, so basically it's from the blood of the animal. If that wasnt bad enough the meat used is the left over parts from the animals other places didn't want.
Old 3/22/13, 05:19 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
WTH!! lol sounds delicious
Old 3/22/13, 05:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
nuggets = nooooooooo thanks burgers dunno bout them ... I eat at mickey D's maybe once a month and thats probably too much
Old 3/22/13, 05:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Whatever it is, it tastes good to me!
Old 3/22/13, 05:23 PM
Banned

Honestly, I only eat there once or twice a year, but that's because I'm a picky SOB
Old 3/22/13, 05:24 PM
GT Member

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...rger-meat?lite

I wonder what other places use.
Old 3/22/13, 05:28 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by lexi2013
Ok, other than getting fat from it the nuggets and burgers are made from pink paste! The color comes from scraping everything off the bone and mushing it together, so basically it's from the blood of the animal. If that wasnt bad enough the meat used is the left over parts from the animals other places didn't want.
why is one part of the animal different from the other??? its all meat and bone... pretty much all hamburger has bone meal in it and that ground up bone. Even the nice ground stuff at the fancy markets. Blood from animals is yummy! people have been making blood pie and sausage forever and a day now.
Old 3/22/13, 05:31 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang

why is one part of the animal different from the other??? its all meat and bone... pretty much all hamburger has bone meal in it and that ground up bone. Even the nice ground stuff at the fancy markets. Blood from animals is yummy! people have been making blood pie and sausage forever and a day now.
Lol Blood pie sounds creepy. Also it has more bacteria that's why they had to use the chemical. They use the generals of the animal and stuff and if you eat that and think about it your going to have a very bad time Mkay.
Old 3/22/13, 05:33 PM
Banned

Lexi, I'm guessing you're a vegan or vegetarian, right?
Old 3/22/13, 05:33 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Lexi, I'm guessing you're a vegan or vegetarian, right?
No I love burgers and stuff but like quality food as apposed to the bits and pieces others didnt want.
Old 3/22/13, 05:35 PM
Banned

No I love burgers and stuff but like quality food as apposed to the bits and pieces others didnt want.
Fast food is cheap for a reason, it's made cheap.
Old 3/22/13, 05:39 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Mc Donald's sucks

I'm sure other places I eat probably do the same but over the years I've developed a distaste for them and Burger King and Wendy's. I can't remember the last time I've eaten at any of them.
Old 3/22/13, 05:42 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lol Blood pie sounds creepy. Also it has more bacteria that's why they had to use the chemical. They use the generals of the animal and stuff and if you eat that and think about it your going to have a very bad time Mkay.
you should take a cooking class and learn whats in food.. mcdonalds always gets the finger pointed at them but they are just doing what pretty much every other place is doing.

also.. all meat gets radiation treatment to kill germs. I do not find that to be any better. Urine is ammonia and the body handles it just fine. I think you meant genitals. Yes they do. most meat packing plants have a use fro them and so do 90% of food service companies. You are need to read more so you do not freak out when the news runs scary headlines. Also blood pudding is good. Real men take a niddle on the heart of what they kill.

Old 3/22/13, 05:42 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Fast food is cheap for a reason, it's made cheap.
I know it's so tasty then I find out it's essentially paste it's kinda like, I wish I didn't know that. I hate my friends for showing me Food Inc.
Old 3/22/13, 07:40 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
mcdonalds is gadawful! I've eaten there once in the last 10 years, and that was not by choice.
Old 3/22/13, 08:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
"Unless you grow your own crops, or kill your own animals for meat, you will get what we give you and you WILL LIKE IT."

Pretty much sums it up. Oh, sure, farmers market, good butcher, but... Yeah. I ain't that rich.

I must comment, though, just because the bone is scraped doesn't mean it's the blood of the animal. It means the same as you chewing on the ends of a drumstick of chicken or turkey, getting all that delishush tasties off the ends. Even the marrow itself isn't blood, and if you think that ANY meat has no blood in it, you are... not thinking clearly.

We all eat blood if we eat meat. It's just the way of things.

/True Maple Syrup is tree blood, by the way. And with that, I'm out, peace.
Old 3/22/13, 08:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

If any of y'all had seen a meat processing plant, you'd think twice about the so called "quality" meat you get at stores. I worked for a Tyson chicken plant for two years while in college, and the place was absolutely disgusting. Smells of chicken **** and moldy ****. Oh and they have what called a blood room aka kill room. They hang the birds upside down by their feet, and they move down a conveyor with running water that has an electric current through it. This causes the birds to lift up their heads to keep it out of the water, and then a spinning blade cuts their throat. Millions of birds were killed in that plant each week. ALL of the parts are used. The blood goes to a boiler, along with the feathers and is boiled down to make dog and cat food. Most of the feet are sold to Asian countries. Meat is pumped full of broth to add weight. Bones are also ground to make your fast food burgers.

Oh well, I still eat chicken everyday. The only way to get good quality meat is to hunt and prep it yourself. Nothing like fresh venison or bison.

Last edited by blairnr67; 3/22/13 at 08:35 PM.
Old 3/22/13, 09:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Trust me the government does more things than meets the eye mc Donald's is kindergarten knowledge to what I know. No offense I mean this with best intentions. So please don't take offense.
Old 3/22/13, 09:30 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by blairnr67
If any of y'all had seen a meat processing plant, you'd think twice about the so called "quality" meat you get at stores. I worked for a Tyson chicken plant for two years while in college, and the place was absolutely disgusting. Smells of chicken **** and moldy ****. Oh and they have what called a blood room aka kill room. They hang the birds upside down by their feet, and they move down a conveyor with running water that has an electric current through it. This causes the birds to lift up their heads to keep it out of the water, and then a spinning blade cuts their throat. Millions of birds were killed in that plant each week. ALL of the parts are used. The blood goes to a boiler, along with the feathers and is boiled down to make dog and cat food. Most of the feet are sold to Asian countries. Meat is pumped full of broth to add weight. Bones are also ground to make your fast food burgers.

Oh well, I still eat chicken everyday. The only way to get good quality meat is to hunt and prep it yourself. Nothing like fresh venison or bison.
Make me wana cry. Poor chickens!
Old 3/22/13, 09:55 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
If you have not seen the documentary entitled "Supersize Me" then I highly recommend it.

Synopsis: This guy ate McDonald's for every meal for a month and it nearly killed him. He also gained 35ish pounds in one month and got erectile disfunction.

My back hurts just thinking about carrying that spare tire all of a sudden. Crazy movie loaded with startling information and so worth watching!

Quick Reply: Why not to eat mc donalds