Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

What do I do about these annoying warranty people?!

Search this Thread

Old 7/14/08, 09:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do I do about these annoying warranty people?!

"This is the final notice that the warranty on your car will expire soon."
Im sure others here have received these calls. I recieved SIX of them in the span of 40 minutes. I was ready to pick up a baseball bat. On the second call I pressed 1 to speak to a representative and asked to be taken off the calling list. The guy said no problem. THREE MINUTES later I get another call and press 1 again and its a different person. I told her that I requested to be taken off the list. She said "Its not that easy." I said "yes it is, just take me off the fricken list." She said I should just hang up when I get the call, so I told her I get a call everyday. She said "I heard you, I heard you" and hung up. Then I get 4 more calls which I did not answer.
How do these people live with themselves knowing that they scam people for a living.
"Hey Bob, what do you do for a living?"
"Oh, I scam people."
"Does that pay well?"

Any suggestions?
Old 7/14/08, 10:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
how long was your warenty for ? maybe extend one more year but DO NOT GIVE A CREDIT CARD # cause if they on a blitz calling you'll surley get charged as many times too ! pay in person @ a Ford Dealer I went bumper to bumper for 7 years
Old 7/14/08, 10:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

First of all, if you haven't already, register yourself here:
https://donotcall.gov/

You can then file a complaint when they call, or continue to harrass you.

You can also file a complaint with the attorney general's office in your state, or in the state in which the business is located in.

I CAN'T STAND telemarketers!!!
Old 7/14/08, 10:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
how long was your warenty for ? maybe extend one more year but DO NOT GIVE A CREDIT CARD # cause if they on a blitz calling you'll surley get charged as many times too ! pay in person @ a Ford Dealer I went bumper to bumper for 7 years
It is clearly a scam though, they have no interest in providing a warranty for me, they just want my money. I would never do it if it is not through Ford.
Old 7/14/08, 10:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MustangLynda
First of all, if you haven't already, register yourself here:
https://donotcall.gov/

You can then file a complaint when they call, or continue to harrass you.

You can also file a complaint with the attorney general's office in your state, or in the state in which the business is located in.

I CAN'T STAND telemarketers!!!
Thank you.
Old 7/14/08, 02:54 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
If you've ever felt like reaching through the phone and literally strangling the telemarketer or machine on the other end, I know exactly how you feel. These people are scum, and they quite honestly deserve a special ring of Dante's hell upon death, something hotter than Judas and Hitler are currently experiencing. Of course its a scam, and I cannopt beleive that the attorneys general of the collectives states cannot shut these things down. I can't imagine how I would feel everyday if I had to cold call people to sell them a scam product that well ultimately leave them angry and unsatisifed. What a life.
Old 7/14/08, 03:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sometimes at the end of the message it will say " press 2 to be removed from our list" .
I got a bunch of these at first, keep hitting 2, or 9 or whatever it says.. almost all gone now.
Old 7/14/08, 04:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jmanpatsfan
It is clearly a scam though, they have no interest in providing a warranty for me, they just want my money. I would never do it if it is not through Ford.
I had it for the 05 GT no worries and from Ford so I took the same from Ford @ delivery they don't ever want dishoner it on me Really I can be evil, especially when it comes to protecting family and my car is a sibling.