Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

The Walking Dead

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/13, 07:01 PM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Moustang
They never say in the TV show, but those are her brother and her boyfriend.
WHAT! AWWW that's sad
Old 12/4/13, 10:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by NinjaSteffers
WHAT! AWWW that's sad
That's lightweight stuff.

Since he's been gone from the TV show for a while, would you like to know how Dale was supposed to die?

The "tainted meat" is Dale. He got bit and walked off to die, but was captured by people who had become cannibals. They're eating his legs as they talk to him.
Old 12/5/13, 04:46 AM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

That's lightweight stuff.

Since he's been gone from the TV show for a while, would you like to know how Dale was supposed to die?

The "tainted meat" is Dale. He got bit and walked off to die, but was captured by people who had become cannibals. They're eating his legs as they talk to him.
OMG!!!! Wow, I need to read the comics hahaha
Old 12/5/13, 09:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

OMG!!!! Wow, I need to read the comics hahaha

You really should.

The comics cover a lot of human issues that the TV producers find too edgy, questionable, or just plain offensive to include. They almost seem more real in the sense that it's the total breakdown of society and civilization, and some people turn into animals.

Racism, cannibalism, rape, insanity, cold blooded murders that seem justifiable under the circumstances, the comics don't pull punches and address some of the worst that humans can do head on.

In the TV season finale Hershel asked The Governor how, as a father, he could threaten to kill someone eleses daughter. The Governor responded "Because it's not my daughter." In the comics that line is actually used by Rick, and he's the hero of the series. It demonstrates just how much of his compassion for human life has been lost as he tries to protect Carl.

And you just wait to see what Carl becomes...

Old 3/17/14, 11:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
What happened to this thread? It kinda died lol. Knew lizzy was gonna snap eventually. I think Carol did the right thing. Was a tough episode there towards the end. I am curious what the fire was and who started it though
Old 3/18/14, 01:05 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LivinTheStangLife
What happened to this thread? It kinda died lol. Knew lizzy was gonna snap eventually. I think Carol did the right thing. Was a tough episode there towards the end. I am curious what the fire was and who started it though
. I think the fire was from darryl and Beth from when they burned the moon shine house.
Old 3/18/14, 04:22 AM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Originally Posted by LivinTheStangLife
That ***** be crazy!

Originally Posted by Godzilla 5.0
. I think the fire was from darryl and Beth from when they burned the moon shine house.
That's what they were kinda getting at during the Talking Dead
Old 3/18/14, 07:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm waiting for season 5 to see if they get into the whole saviors arc from the comics. They made the governor look tame.
Old 3/18/14, 07:26 AM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I really enjoyed this last episode. The previous two were leaving me wanting. I'm curious if we're going to have any of our small groups meet back up together. We haven't seen anything of rick's group in a while, nor have we seen anything recent on Glenn.
Old 3/18/14, 07:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm getting tired of single story lines of one group. Makes it boring. When people die on this show, I am happy for them that the nightmare is over for them.
Old 3/18/14, 11:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Good call on the fire totally forgot about that. That would be the only logical reason for a random fire. Yeah the first few episodes were pretty boring I agree with ya there and I'm not a big fan of one episode of the same people the whole time but the last 2 weren't bad. Finally answered some questions but you pretty much had an idea it was the young girl doing the weird stuff at the prison
Old 3/18/14, 12:24 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
this was a good episode, and got me interested again as the continuous episodes with Darryl and the girl were boring me to death. Couldn't wait for her character to exit. The writing is getting a bit tired and drawn. Need something big to happen again. I find myself fast forwarding through alot of boring dialogue.
Old 3/18/14, 10:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
this was a good episode, and got me interested again as the continuous episodes with Darryl and the girl were boring me to death. Couldn't wait for her character to exit. The writing is getting a bit tired and drawn. Need something big to happen again. I find myself fast forwarding through alot of boring dialogue.

It's almost like the writers are stumbling around trying to figure out how they are going to bring this all back into line with the comics after killing off Andrea and allowing Judith to live.

They're trying to get back in line with the comics now, sort of. The episode where Rick passes out and Carl wanders around alone is almost straight out of the comics. This last episode was an attempt to mirror the comics using the two girls instead of the two boys from the comics. Of course they had to have Carol do the killing. Wouldn't be right to have Carl off the little girl in her sleep like he does to the boy in the comics.

I wish they would stop handling some issues with kid gloves. By now the comics had dealt with rape, racism, and cannibalism. The TV show is pussyfooting about with underage drinking. It's becoming disappointing.

Last edited by Moustang; 3/18/14 at 10:33 PM.
Old 3/19/14, 04:32 AM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

I need to read these comics already. Imma ask Channing if he has them because I don't want to buy them hahah
Old 3/19/14, 08:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Soo I saw this on Instagram this morning
Attached Thumbnails The Walking Dead-image-4290350662.jpg  
Old 3/19/14, 08:38 AM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
That's hilarious.
Old 3/19/14, 11:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

I need to read these comics already. Imma ask Channing if he has them because I don't want to buy them hahah

I would NEVER suggest you torrent them, but they are available.
Old 3/19/14, 12:05 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Soo I saw this on Instagram this morning
lol
Old 3/19/14, 03:06 PM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

I would NEVER suggest you torrent them, but they are available.
I wouldn't even know how to do that
Old 3/19/14, 03:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

I wouldn't even know how to do that
You don't know how to download a program like Bittorrent or Utorrent, then google a phrase like Torrent Search, click on a link, and then search for something like "the walking dead comics" and select the one you want and click on the Download Torrent link?

Hmmm, do you know anyone who might be able to help? Could be useful to know since you can get books, games, music, movies, and television shows the same way.

Last edited by Moustang; 3/19/14 at 03:26 PM.

Quick Reply: The Walking Dead