Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

The Walking Dead

Search this Thread

Old 10/13/15, 09:20 AM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I loved it.

Looks like the core is showing signs of worrying about Rick. Not necessarily for what he's doing, but because it doesn't seem to bother him anymore.

He seems do have lost a chunk of his humanity recently. Perhaps Morgan can help him with that the way Herschel would keep him in check.
Old 10/13/15, 10:08 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by lowblustang00
I loved it.

Looks like the core is showing signs of worrying about Rick. Not necessarily for what he's doing, but because it doesn't seem to bother him anymore.

He seems do have lost a chunk of his humanity recently. Perhaps Morgan can help him with that the way Herschel would keep him in check.
As a card carrying Walking Dead weenie, I agree 100%. But that's the big dilemma. How do you retain your humanity when your humanity can get you killed? That's what makes the show so interesting. It ain't about zombies.

Morgan has some demons himself, I think. I hope the writers can give him a balance between that humanity and being a bad-a$$. We saw what happened to Dale and Herschel. Moral compasses don't have a long shelf life on this show.

And for the record, I want to have Carol's baby. I'm in love with her, even when she's covered in walker guts.
Old 10/19/15, 11:32 AM
FR500 Member

Last night was friggin' INTENSE.
Attached Thumbnails The Walking Dead-carolalexandria.jpg  
Old 10/19/15, 01:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Yea Morgan was tying a guy up she walks up and shoots him lol
Old 10/19/15, 07:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Last night was friggin' INTENSE.

That pic of carol is hilarious. They are keeping the intensity high so far this season. I'm loving it.

Morgan is going to have to move a little more to the middle before something happens to him. Can't keep letting people that try to kill him go.
Old 10/25/15, 08:04 PM
Cobra Member

All I can say right now is I'm pissed off. Maybe I can say more tomorrow.

RIP
Glenn
Old 10/25/15, 08:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 10/25/15, 10:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
All I can say right now is I'm pissed off. Maybe I can say more tomorrow.

RIP
Glenn

You're going to hate me for saying this, but it was due.

The show has radically changed from the comics, but Glenn dies shortly after reaching Alexandria in the comics as well. How he died is very different, but he he was due to die.
Old 10/26/15, 12:40 AM
Bullitt Member

I figured he was up the last 3 episodes was very glen heavy
Old 10/26/15, 03:56 AM
FR500 Member

Holy crap. Glenn was one of the original Atlanta Five, and taking him is a huge deal....if that's really what we saw. TTD afterwards almost seemed ambiguous when talking about his demise, especially in the In Memoriam segment. And some TWD websites and blogs are suggesting that Glenn was underneath Nick, and it was Nick we saw being killed.

I dunno. I've learned to expect anything and everything from the writers and producers, and refuse to make predictions anymore because I'm always wrong. But to have Glenn survive that attack somehow would be a "jump the shark" moment. I'd rather see Glenn dead than to bring him back from the brink in an obviously hopeless situation.

I've been in denial about Rick. Up until last night I had fully supported all of Rick's decisions, even the latest one with herding the Walkers away from Alexandria. But his actions lately have directly or indirectly gotten a lot of people killed. The quarry turned out to be a fiasco. Maybe that should have been plan B. I'm also afraid he's starting to lose Daryl's support. If you lose Daryl, you lose the war. I'm interested to see Carol's reaction too.

Next week is a 90 minute episode....looks like we might see some of Morgan's back story.

Whew, rough episode last night.
Old 10/26/15, 04:59 AM
Cobra Member

Thinking about it last night, the episodes have been heavy about knowing that everyone isn't going to make it, and what it takes to survive. To be honest Glenn had the views most closely aligned with the rest of the Alexandrians. And it was that view that got him killed in the end. Will be interesting to see how things turn now that Glenn is gone. He was a moral compass, and had been a stronger voice of reason even in the last season.

Poor Maggie. If she needs any consoling ya'll can send her my way.

Looking forward to seeing how things go next week.
Old 10/26/15, 07:35 AM
FR500 Member

Poor Maggie. If she needs any consoling ya'll can send her my way.
She's a widow...that doesn't make her an idiot!!!!!

I myself prefer the more mature, knit sweater wearing, cookie baking type of woman.
Old 10/26/15, 09:40 AM
Cobra Member

What do ya'll think about this idea that Glenn isn't dead? (Been seeing this idea float around on the interwebz) I realize the other guys body fell on top of him, but there is no reasonable way out. I really don't hope they have written a ridiculous way for him to have snuck out of the horde alive.
Old 10/26/15, 10:07 AM
FR500 Member

What do ya'll think about this idea that Glenn isn't dead? (Been seeing this idea float around on the interwebz) I realize the other guys body fell on top of him, but there is no reasonable way out. I really don't hope they have written a ridiculous way for him to have snuck out of the horde alive.
It seemed kind of unclear on TTD. Let's face it...the show was due for a major character death. The underlying premise is that no one is safe, right? There are rumors flying that Maggie is pregnant. There was even a tiny hint in the first episode this season. If so, then Glenn lives on.

I think it'd be a stretch for him to have survived. If he shows up alive, then start looking for Fonzie to appear with water skis.

Regardless, this is shaping up to be one helluva season, best so far.
Old 10/31/15, 07:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

I find the idea that he's still alive unbelievably impossible.

I've heard the theory that he was under Nick's body, but there is a major flaw with that theory. There were hundreds of walkers in the alley and they aren't going to stop eating just because they finished off Nick. Glenn will still be laying there, covered in fresh blood, with hundreds of walkers around him. There is absolutely no way out of that situation.

The ONLY way I could see him possibly surviving is if someone came along with a minigun and mowed down every walker in the alley in seconds, but we all know that's not going to happen. But that's literally what it would take for him to survive. The walkers aren't going to stop while there's food left to eat and he has no way to stand up and escape from the middle of that crowd.... he's done.
Old 10/31/15, 07:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
It seemed kind of unclear on TTD. Let's face it...the show was due for a major character death. The underlying premise is that no one is safe, right? There are rumors flying that Maggie is pregnant. There was even a tiny hint in the first episode this season. If so, then Glenn lives on.
In the comics Glenn is killed shortly after Maggie gets pregnant.
Old 10/31/15, 08:37 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Moustang
I've heard the theory that he was under Nick's body, but there is a major flaw with that theory. There were hundreds of walkers in the alley and they aren't going to stop eating just because they finished off Nick. Glenn will still be laying there, covered in fresh blood, with hundreds of walkers around him. There is absolutely no way out of that situation.
The working theory is that Glenn somehow managed to crawl under the dumpster. Personally, I don't know what to think. And we probably won't know for several episodes I bet. They'll leave us on the ledge for a while.

I'm a stone cold TWD junkie and spend a lot of time analyzing and re-watching each episode. I used to have all sorts of theories about the characters and where each episode was going, but these writers are clever and they always prove me wrong, so I stopped second guessing. But it's still a lot of fun looking for clues and Easter eggs.

One thing's for certain....it ain't about zombies. Those that think it is just don't get it. The character development and the arcs are fascinating.
Old 11/1/15, 03:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Well if Glenn is dead who thinks Maggie will kill herself?
Old 11/1/15, 08:43 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Until recently i was suffering from TWD fatigue and finding myself fast forwarding through alot of the episodes. The last one left me wondering how Rick gets out of his bind. I hope Glenn is toast and they don't pull some bull**** fairytale on us.

How much more is left in this series? another season? i've never read the comics so i don't know.
Old 11/1/15, 08:46 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Until recently i was suffering from TWD fatigue and finding myself fast forwarding through alot of the episodes. The last one left me wondering how Rick gets out of his bind. I hope Glenn is toast and they don't pull some bull**** fairytale on us.

How much more is left in this series? another season? i've never read the comics so i don't know.
Don't they make a pill for that? Actually, I have heard from Gary that TWD, or Totally Wilted D*ck is worse than limp d*ck, so maybe they're still working on a cure. Keep your 'head' up!

Quick Reply: The Walking Dead