Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

USPS

Search this Thread

Old 5/7/13, 06:20 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
rant warning !!!! 5 months ago i ordered via the interweb some of those products you cant get in the US without a dr`s prescription .. i give them all the pertinant info and set in to wait .. the package is coming from china via USPS ..4 weeks go by and i email the sender and inquire about a tracking # ... they gladly supply one and remind me that my package is coming from over half way around the world and may take 4 to 6 weeks to arive .. i take my tracking # and call my local post office which is barely more than a mile from the dilivery address .. where is this package i ask ? .. after 5 minutes waiting on the phone the lady tells me it was deemed undeliverable and returned to sender due to improper address ... when did this occur i ask ? this morning she said ...cant you stop it and let me come and get it i ask ? no was the reply .. it`s already in the return system .. i email the sender and they gladly say give them the corrected address info and they will correct and send again free of shipping ..a month for it to get back to china .. a month for it to come back to america ..yesterday morning i email the sender .. could you provide me a tracking # for my package please .. yes it`s ####### .. and be reminded it may take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive .. iv`e already been waiting two extra months ...yesterday evening i call my local post office with my tracking # to inquire where it was ... again after 5 minutes waiting on the phone the person says " were sorry'' your package was deemed undeliverable and returned to sender .. when did that occur i asked .. this morning she said .. i ask what was wrong with the address ? .. after waiting another 5 minutes she came back and said the zip code was incorrect .. it reads 35804 when it should read 35805 .. one # off .. one street off .. coming 15000 thousand miles twice no less and they wont deliver it cause it`s one # off ... and the USPS lady even knows where the sending address is .. i dont care now if i get it or not .. i dont even want a refund .. but i did email the sender again ....and the post office wonders why they`re going under ..( post from random stuff several months ago ).. i have since made a new order from these same folks ... they say they will honor my first order as well ... i wont hold my breath ...
Old 5/7/13, 06:43 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So it had the wrong address and your mad it didnt get there. It's your fault or the mailers fault.

I deliver all kinds of stuff misaddressed and I figure it out but no one notices. It's just my job. Not to mention the times I have helped the ups/FedEx guy find misaddressed stuff too. Guess who called the police when there's a weirdo in the neighborhood. Guess who found your dog. Guess who got poisoned with the Rison and not your senator?

Sorry, my turn to rant.
Old 5/7/13, 06:48 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mikeship911
American muscle. UPS 5 days every time unless you pay for faster in my experience.
I confirm my order with AM on Sunday and get what I order on Tuesday. Less then 5 days by far.
Old 5/7/13, 06:51 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by lexi2013

I confirm my order with AM on Sunday and get what I order on Tuesday. Less then 5 days by far.
Must be your location. Texas here. Jealous!!!
Old 5/7/13, 07:11 PM
GT Member

Must be your location. Texas here. Jealous!!!
Yeah probably that's why I was surprised in the speed difference between both mailers. But yeah it's awesome on their fastest day if I order what I want early in the day they usually ship same day or early next morning.
Old 5/7/13, 07:20 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I work for USPS and half the crap we deliver is from ups. We are very competitive and can beat them with several services. Yes we don't pay taxes but we do deliver to every box every day. Even in backwoods and nowheresville. No other government org is required to make money or even break even.
Yeah but 1 mailman doesn't cover much ground. Be glad you're getting the packages otherwise USPS would have gone under by now.

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 5/7/13 at 07:27 PM.
Old 5/7/13, 07:23 PM
Banned

So it had the wrong address and your mad it didnt get there. It's your fault or the mailers fault.

I deliver all kinds of stuff misaddressed and I figure it out but no one notices. It's just my job. Not to mention the times I have helped the ups/FedEx guy find misaddressed stuff too. Guess who called the police when there's a weirdo in the neighborhood. Guess who found your dog. Guess who got poisoned with the Rison and not your senator?

Sorry, my turn to rant.
Please Ups guys are not asking you about misaddressed packages hahahahaha all mailman chatter up every person that's outside. Mailmen have plenty of time to talk, I think they need more work.
Old 5/7/13, 07:34 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Please Ups guys are not asking you about misaddressed packages hahahahaha all mailman chatter up every person that's outside. Mailmen have plenty of time to talk, I think they need more work.
Why join a conversation just to imply someone is a liar? I get paid 7 hours a day and I've worked 17 already this week. That's 3 free I've given the PO.
Old 5/7/13, 07:36 PM
V6 Member

Yeah but 1 mailman doesn't cover much ground. Be glad you're getting the packages otherwise USPS would have gone under by now.
Most service around 400-500 residences per day. Don't pretend to know about going under.
Old 5/7/13, 07:38 PM
Banned

Why join a conversation just to imply someone is a liar? I get paid 7 hours a day and I've worked 17 already this week. That's 3 free I've given the PO.
I've worked for UPS for 23 years and I've never known a driver to ask about a misaddressed package. What was the question? I'd love to hear it.
Old 5/7/13, 07:39 PM
Banned

Most service around 400-500 residences per day. Don't pretend to know about going under.
Most of your deliveries are junk mail paper and you're already losing Saturday delivery aren't you?
Old 5/7/13, 07:53 PM
GT Member

Most of your deliveries are junk mail paper and you're already losing Saturday delivery aren't you?
I don't think anyone delivers on the weekends do they?
Old 5/7/13, 07:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lexi2013

I don't think anyone delivers on the weekends do they?
Ups and FedEx deliver on Saturdays
Old 5/7/13, 07:58 PM
V6 Member

I've worked for UPS for 23 years and I've never known a driver to ask about a misaddressed package. What was the question? I'd love to hear it.
Package had wrong house number. I knew the name and helped him find it.
Old 5/7/13, 08:01 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts

it had a zip code off by one # ... i called and asked the person if i could pick it up .. no they said .. it`s already on it`s way back to the sender ..one mile away from me .. 15`000 miles traveled and one mile they could`nt excuse ...
Old 5/7/13, 08:04 PM
V6 Member

A lot of my mail is bulk business mail and a lot of customers are happy to get it not to mention the mailers love it too. A lot of my deliveries are packages (UPS). Not exactly sure why you guys aren't delivering them. Maybe because we can to it more efficiently. Also medicine. Magazines like the American Muscle and MM&FF type. Not to mention Victoria secret etc. Yes we stlll deliver on Saturday.
Old 5/7/13, 08:05 PM
Banned

Package had wrong house number. I knew the name and helped him find it.
If there's no house number that matches the package, it doesn't make sense that he just wouldn't put a "service cross" on it and NSN "no such number" and give it to the night clerk to correct it. The only thing that would make this even remotely believable is if you just happen to be walking by each other and he just casually asked you if this name sounded familiar. I don't see him taking much more time than that.
Old 5/7/13, 08:06 PM
V6 Member

Ups and FedEx deliver on Saturdays
Do You work on Saturday? Does all your packages go on Saturday or just some? I work six days a week. Friday and Saturday after thanksgiving as well.
Old 5/7/13, 08:10 PM
V6 Member

If there's no house number that matches the package, it doesn't make sense that he just wouldn't put a "service cross" on it and NSN "no such number" and give it to the night clerk to correct it. The only thing that would make this even remotely believable is if you just happen to be walking by each other and he just casually asked you if this name sounded familiar. I don't see him taking much more time than that.
Maybe he actually cared about his customer getting his package that day. I thought he was doing a great job. No we didn't talk for more than 30 seconds.
Old 5/7/13, 08:11 PM
Banned

A lot of my mail is bulk business mail and a lot of customers are happy to get it not to mention the mailers love it too. A lot of my deliveries are packages (UPS). Not exactly sure why you guys aren't delivering them. Maybe because we can to it more efficiently. Also medicine. Magazines like the American Muscle and MM&FF type. Not to mention Victoria secret etc. Yes we stlll deliver on Saturday.
Ups delivers 15 million pieces a day. We have a lot more ground to cover. There's 30+ mailmen that deliver in MY area alone. Efficiently is not the answer, you guys are just cheaper labor. Ups would pay us more to deliver than you guys.

Quick Reply: USPS