Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Some good news from Iraq

Search this Thread

Old 5/19/04, 03:05 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Gundam02@May. 19th, 2004, 2:59 PM
So things were messed up way before we got there. What the US did not want to happen was another Bosnia to happen in Kosovo as well. So that is when the US and NATO got involved in this war.

Do you even know what is now happening in Kosovo? Kosovo was always part of Serbia and now Albanians wants it. How would you feel if Mexico wants Texas? Would you just give to them?

For the whole thing about Bosnians and Serbs, like I said, Serbs did some bad things, but so did Bosnians and Croats. And at the end only Serbs are one to blame.

By the way, I'm Serbian Orthodox and by best friend is Bosnian Muslim. If Serbs did such things to Muslims, why would he be my best friend?
Old 5/19/04, 03:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry, my friend, you sound like a victim of strict Serbian propoganda.
Serbia invaded Croatia in 1991 after Croatia declared independence. So in essense, Serbia started it all. I don't think you can be objective about this at all, with too much emotional baggage from your flight from freedom (since you said the USA doesn't have as much freedom, you obviously ran from freedom).

As a comparison, I'm sure there were plenty of Germans who liked Jews in WWII...but that didn't stop the **** party from trying to decimate them.

And Mexico did want Texas back, but that was settled in 1836 at San Jacinto. You know why? Because they wanted independence from a tyrannical Mexican rule.
Old 5/19/04, 03:23 PM

Um, Kosovo, Bosnia, Croatia, and Serbia were all part of Yugoslavia. But the 3, Kosovo, Bosnia, and Croatia didn't want to be part of it anymore after they had elections. It is called declaring independence..... it's what Texas did when it declared independence from Mexico (yes, Texas was part of Mexico at one time, in case you didn't know that).

Problem was Serbia was unprepared to allow those countries to leave, just like Mexico and Texas. Well, as it turns out in the passing of history Texas is now a big part of the United States of America and Mexicans are trying everyday to cross the borders and hide here in hopes of a better life. Hmm, could that happen in the former Yugoslav??? Could be....

As far as your best friend being a Muslim, that's great. You must be a better person than all of us Americans. However how would you feel if you had been walking down the streets of Serbia with your friend when a Serb soldier came up and told you to leave while he dragged your friend away? Just because there are good people everywhere in the world that doesn't mean there aren't bad people too. And Milosovic was a bad bad man. Have you listened to any of his personal defense at his trial? That guy is nuts. I would recommend you look it up.
Old 5/19/04, 03:25 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by GhostTX@May. 19th, 2004, 3:12 PM
Sorry, my friend, you sound like a victim of strict Serbian propoganda.
Serbia invaded Croatia in 1991 after Croatia declared independence. So in essense, Serbia started it all. I don't think you can be objective about this at all, with too much emotional baggage from your flight from freedom (since you said the USA doesn't have as much freedom, you obviously ran from freedom).

As a comparison, I'm sure there were plenty of Germans who liked Jews in WWII...but that didn't stop the **** party from trying to decimate them.

And Mexico did want Texas back, but that was settled in 1836 at San Jacinto. You know why? Because they wanted independence from a tyrannical Mexican rule.
Why do you think Serbia invaded Croatia? Why not Slovenia or Macedonia (also parts of Former Yugoslavia)?

I know what I'm talking, because I was there and I saw everything. You, you're just giving me some facts that you found online.

Freedom have nothing to do with Albanians desire to have Kosovo.

You can't know better than me what is happening in my own country.
Old 5/19/04, 03:31 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by Gundam02@May. 19th, 2004, 3:26 PM
Um, Kosovo, Bosnia, Croatia, and Serbia were all part of Yugoslavia. But the 3, Kosovo, Bosnia, and Croatia didn't want to be part of it anymore after they had elections. It is called declaring independence..... it's what Texas did when it declared independence from Mexico (yes, Texas was part of Mexico at one time, in case you didn't know that).

Problem was Serbia was unprepared to allow those countries to leave, just like Mexico and Texas. Well, as it turns out in the passing of history Texas is now a big part of the United States of America and Mexicans are trying everyday to cross the borders and hide here in hopes of a better life. Hmm, could that happen in the former Yugoslav??? Could be....

As far as your best friend being a Muslim, that's great. You must be a better person than all of us Americans. However how would you feel if you had been walking down the streets of Serbia with your friend when a Serb soldier came up and told you to leave while he dragged your friend away? Just because there are good people everywhere in the world that doesn't mean there aren't bad people too. And Milosovic was a bad bad man. Have you listened to any of his personal defense at his trial? That guy is nuts. I would recommend you look it up.
Kosovo doesn't want independenence, Albanians wants Kosovo to be part of Albania.

Milosevic wasn't a bad man, he was a very powerful man. Yeah, I have listened to his trials. Let me give you one example. The guy was in court, he was a Muslim, and he was telling a story how Serbs occupied his city, and killed everyone. Then Milosevic asked him, how come, if city was occupied by Serbs and everyone is killed, how come he stayed alive. The guy said it was because Alah, muslim God, wanted him to stay alive.

Now, you tell me if that Musclim guy is lying or not.
Old 5/19/04, 03:40 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

OMG! I'm listing facts! Objective, rational, facts! Compared to poorly thought out responses and opinions.

And yes, it is possible to know more about a country than people who live there. I can guarantee you I know more about Mexico and its workings than the illegals that come to Texas.

I'm sorry, you're too biased and closed minded to talk about this in a reasonable fashion. You just state very opinionated remarks and leave no sources to back it up. Further, "I was there" is in no way a good arguement, especially through the narrow minded rememberances of an 11 year old.

I'm done.
Old 5/19/04, 03:41 PM

Originally posted by Stella Rossa / Red Star@May. 19th, 2004, 3:34 PM
Milosevic wasn't a bad man, he was a very powerful man.
So powerful he made the boot that the US and NATO used to stomp him stick to the ground..... that is until they used a stick to take that wad of gum off their sole.

That's it for me, as much fun as this is there is no actual debate here. So have fun.
Old 5/19/04, 03:44 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by GhostTX@May. 19th, 2004, 3:43 PM
OMG! I'm listing facts! Objective, rational, facts! Compared to poorly thought out responses and opinions.

And yes, it is possible to know more about a country than people who live there. I can guarantee you I know more about Mexico and its workings than the illegals that come to Texas.

I'm sorry, you're too biased and closed minded to talk about this in a reasonable fashion. You just state very opinionated remarks and leave no sources to back it up. Further, "I was there" is in no way a good arguement, especially through the narrow minded rememberances of an 11 year old.

I'm done.
I left you really long article that proves that happened to the Serbs during the war.

If you don't wanna read it - that's your right, you don't have to.

Here is the link that will prove everything I said.
http://www.srpska-mreza.com/library/facts/krajina.html
Old 5/19/04, 03:46 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by Gundam02+May. 19th, 2004, 3:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gundam02 @ May. 19th, 2004, 3:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Stella Rossa / Red Star@May. 19th, 2004, 3:34 PM
Milosevic wasn't a bad man, he was a very powerful man.
So powerful he made the boot that the US and NATO used to stomp him stick to the ground..... that is until they used a stick to take that wad of gum off their sole.

That's it for me, as much fun as this is there is no actual debate here. So have fun. [/b][/quote]
My question for is what did USA and NATO even care? It had nothing to do with them. But noooooooo, you had to be part of everything. NATO only made things worse.
Old 5/19/04, 03:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

OMG, you can't even post an unbiased link! Srpska Mreza -- Serbian Network. Ya...real objective. <_< That's like posting a KKK link on African rights.

No offense man, but you need to go back to debate class.
Ok, now I'm really done.
Old 5/19/04, 03:57 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by GhostTX@May. 19th, 2004, 3:56 PM
OMG, you can't even post an unbiased link! Srpska Mreza -- Serbian Network. Ya...real objective. <_< That's like posting a KKK link on African rights.

No offense man, but you need to go back to debate class.
Ok, now I'm really done.
So?

What do you want me to do, find a website that Americans did writing down how good job they did in former Yugoslavia?
Old 5/19/04, 05:45 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tell you what guys,

I am of Croatian descent... in my opinion, you will not find two nationalities so similar, yet so different. We could argue about history and that conflict forever. It confuses me let alone any so called experts... every story has 3 sides. There is nothing to be gained in this discussion.

I say put this topic to bed and stick to talking Mustangs.
Old 5/19/04, 07:17 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I ain't touchin this with a 10 foot pole...
with a 10 foot pole attached to it...
Old 5/19/04, 07:30 PM
GT Member

Gitting out of hand so.......