Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Remember When......

Search this Thread

Old 12/8/12, 11:58 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Sheesh some of you guys are so old on here, idk how you figure out how to get on the Internet!

I remember our first computer (apple of course) that had 256kb of ram. I remember Doritos with the window on the bag. I remember cassette players and had an RCA from Long's. I remember when MTV and VH1 played music. I remember VCRs and watching VHS movies so much they actually wore out and lost the recording. I remember rubber bumpers on cars. Eh that's all for now.
Haha

I remember those Doritos bags.

I also remember when the only computer I had ever seen to that point in my life filled an entire room in the basement of our local college.

Of course I remember 8 tracks. And playing actual records on a record player.
Old 12/9/12, 12:00 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 588 Likes on 422 Posts
Sheesh some of you guys are so old on here, idk how you figure out how to get on the Internet!

I remember our first computer (apple of course) that had 256kb of ram. I remember Doritos with the window on the bag. I remember cassette players and had an RCA from Long's. I remember when MTV and VH1 played music. I remember VCRs and watching VHS movies so much they actually wore out and lost the recording. I remember rubber bumpers on cars. Eh that's all for now.
Rubber bumpers? I remember chrome steel bumpers on cars, hell, I still have one with those.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 12/9/12 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12/9/12, 12:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

Haha

I also remember when the only computer I had ever seen to that point in my life filled an entire room in the basement of our local college.

Haha hey I've played records too. No 8-tracks though. It's my understand that 8-tracks just generally sucked. I've seen those old computers too. Crazy how far we've come.

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Rubber bumpers? I remember chrome steel bumpers on cars, hell, I still have one with those.
Hey our 98 F-150 had chrome (metal) bumpers too. My dad's 86 Mazda B-series also had chromoly step bumpers, but not OEM.
Old 12/9/12, 12:17 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Haha

I was in a little local grocery the other day and saw a "throwback" bag of taco flavored Doritos with the old logo on it.

And speaking of record players, when I was a kid we had one of those huge units that filled half the room. A serious piece of furniture, about the size of a dresser, yet it had felt/carpet type covers in the front that was over the speakers. It was flat on top like a table, but the top opened up and there was a record player, and radio inside. And a record player that you could load multiple albums on and they would drop down when the next one finished. My parents said I would stand in front of it and dance and sing songs word for word for hours at a time when that thing was playing music. They said it was the best babysitter of all time, lol. I wasn't asking 100 questions a minute when it was playing, I was just dancing and singing.

I think there's a pic of me dancing and singing with it somewhere, I'll have to find it.
Old 12/9/12, 12:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

I was in a little local grocery the other day and saw a "throwback" bag of taco flavored Doritos with the old logo on it.

And speaking of record players, when I was a kid we had one of those huge units that filled half the room. A serious piece of furniture, about the size of a dresser, yet it had felt/carpet type covers in the front that was over the speakers. It was flat on top like a table, but the top opened up and there was a record player, and radio inside. And a record player that you could load multiple albums on and they would drop down when the next one finished. My parents said I would stand in front of it and dance and sing songs word for word for hours at a time when that thing was playing music. They said it was the best babysitter of all time, lol. I wasn't asking 100 questions a minute when it was playing, I was just dancing and singing.

I think there's a pic of me dancing and singing with it somewhere, I'll have to find it.

Aww the good ol days. When stuff mattered. It was built to last, not engineered to fail after a few years so it can be replaced. Sigh...
Old 12/9/12, 12:48 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
my grandmother had one of those huge record player cabinets you're talking about Lee. She never used it, and I thought it was just a piece of furniture for the longest time.
Old 12/9/12, 12:51 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I remember when mcdonalds was good
Old 12/9/12, 12:56 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

We still use VCRs!
Old 12/9/12, 03:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch

We still use VCRs!
We still have one too. How else will we play the 200 kid tapes we have, although they probably watch five a year, if that.

This thread reminds me of these songs.

Old 12/9/12, 04:07 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I remember when the first Blockbuster video opened. They had all but 50 movies to chose from. The price to rent a movie was 7 bucks while a VCR was around 500. I remember when CDs used to come packaged in long boxes. I filled my closet saving the boxes. I remember when toys r us used price stickers. I used to peel and swap them to give myself discounts on all the star wars figures.

I remember Texaco, Citco, Stop N Go, Diamond Shamrock, and Albertsons and my frequent hang outs. I remember the first album I bought was Pink Floyd The Wall. It blew my mind that it came with two records. I played that mother out!

Those were the days.
Old 12/9/12, 04:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I remember when all of the department stores in the mall had their own toy department and restaurants. My parents would let me look at toys while they shopped. You would see a bunch of kids reading the back of the GI Joes boxes to read the action figures personnel files. You don't see kids read anything anywhere now. Even comic books seem to be a stretch nowadays. They just wait for the movie. Whoops. Got into a rant. I did like the JCPenney restaurant. It was like an old time dinner.
Old 12/9/12, 04:57 PM
Post *****

Speaking of beer from another thread I remember when you could buy beer at high school football games.

And most ironically I remember smoking rooms in hospitals and people smoking in the waiting room of the doctors office.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 12/9/12 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12/9/12, 04:57 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
I don't remember any of the stuff you guys are talking about. You all must be really old.

Old 12/9/12, 04:58 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I remember when K Mart had food in it too. They sold hot dogs, popcorn and Icees.
Old 12/9/12, 04:58 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I remember k mart
Old 12/9/12, 04:59 PM
Post *****

I remember when K Mart had food in it too. They sold hot dogs, popcorn and Icees.
That's the first place I ever remember getting an Icee.

I also remember getting Slush Puppies at the Maverick Market.
Old 12/9/12, 05:08 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Speaking of beer from another thread I remember when you could buy beer at high school football games.

And most ironically I remember smoking rooms in hospitals and people smoking in the waiting room of the doctors office.
I don't ever recall beer being sold at football games around here, though I do remember consuming quite a bit of it (along with other things) during them before the dance afterwards.

I do remember the smoking rooms in hospitals.

I remember when Godfather's Pizza first started opening up and how popular it was. I loved their pizza back then. Also remember playing Pacman in there at one of those tables you sat down at and the screen was in the top of the table.
Old 12/9/12, 05:12 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Target still has food places.
Old 12/9/12, 05:17 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Target still has food places.
I don't think I've ever been in a Target but once.
Old 12/9/12, 05:27 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I remember when Honey Smacks cereal was called Sugar Smacks.

Quick Reply: Remember When......