Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Religion

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/08, 07:26 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Greywolf
buy the way i use e-sword because it is mostly free and has many translations and commenteries some moduels cost
Never heard of e-sword, i looked it up, sounds interesting. What is it for?
Old 6/13/08, 07:29 PM
Number Cruncher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Oh boy

This would be a great smiley.

Last edited by Lennyb44; 6/13/08 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Forgot pic
Old 6/13/08, 07:31 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Originally Posted by denlem
Nobody was there, so how can anyone even say 6 days, 7 days, or it was even created by a supreme being?
Thats why i was saying the point is moot. There is no way for anyone to be able to research and know for sure. So it relies on faith with every theory.
Old 6/13/08, 07:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Adam was made ruler of this world but he lost it to satan. Jesus paid the price to purchase the world back when he was on the cross he said It is finished in the greek the phrase is used to mean a debt paid in full like the purchase of land. The bible speaks of the kinsman redemer only a kisnman can redem the land as the law of Moses said land was not permentaly lost it had to be redemed by a kinsman the book of Ruth is a good example
Old 6/13/08, 08:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Nobody was there, so how can anyone even say 6 days, 7 days, or it was even created by a supreme being?

We're really all just living in a speck of dust. Horton, can you hear me?
God was there and the angels He wanted His creation to know Him so He inspired the prophets
At first God walked with Adam but he as our representative rejected Gods rule so God set about the process of redemming mankind and the world
Old 6/13/08, 08:21 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Adam was made ruler of this world but he lost it to satan. Jesus paid the price to purchase the world back when he was on the cross he said It is finished in the greek the phrase is used to mean a debt paid in full like the purchase of land. The bible speaks of the kinsman redemer only a kisnman can redem the land as the law of Moses said land was not permentaly lost it had to be redemed by a kinsman the book of Ruth is a good example
your talking theology now, i don't agree fully with the statements but i do agree with aspect of fall of man and redemption just not the ruling aspect.
Old 6/14/08, 03:00 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
God was there and the angels He wanted His creation to know Him so He inspired the prophets
At first God walked with Adam but he as our representative rejected Gods rule so God set about the process of redemming mankind and the world
God, if there is one, has feet?
Old 6/14/08, 03:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

We're really all just living in a speck of dust. Horton, can you hear me?
That would take a long time to explain you could read the book NEW EVIDENCE THAT DEMANDS A VERDICT or look at this websight http://foundationsforourfaith.com/Fo...sEvolution.htm
Old 6/14/08, 03:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Knight
your talking theology now, i don't agree fully with the statements but i do agree with aspect of fall of man and redemption just not the ruling aspect.
Gen 1:26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness. They will rule the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the animals, all the earth, and the creatures that crawl on the earth."
Gen 1:27 So God created man in His own image; He created him in the image of God; He created them male and female.
Gen 1:28 God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, and subdue it. Rule the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, and every creature that crawls on the earth."
Old 6/14/08, 04:48 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts
freedom from religion is just as important to me as freedom of religion ..i have a confident feeling where `im headed when i expire.. i dont believe there are good and evil forces influencing humanity .. we all have our own mentality and choose our way of living ..some folks just spin a belief around it ..

Last edited by HOSS429; 6/14/08 at 04:49 AM.
Old 6/14/08, 12:50 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
got a question...

For those who arent religious, yet still think there is a heaven.....why do you think it is there, and who runs the place?
Old 6/14/08, 02:13 PM
Service Manager

Received 447 Likes on 221 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
got a question...

For those who arent religious, yet still think there is a heaven.....why do you think it is there, and who runs the place?

Well, Heaven is in another Universe and we have to wait for the Mothership to come pick us up. You see you have to have a Lawn Orb like the one pictured and the color of the orb determines the day of the week that the Mothership comes to pick you up to take you to the Heavenly planet. Green is for Thursday pickup.....

Sorry, just couldn't resist.
Old 6/14/08, 05:31 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul
Well, Heaven is in another Universe and we have to wait for the Mothership to come pick us up. You see you have to have a Lawn Orb like the one pictured and the color of the orb determines the day of the week that the Mothership comes to pick you up to take you to the Heavenly planet. Green is for Thursday pickup.....
NO!!!
You've got it all wrong
Blue is for Thursday.
Green is for Tuesday.
I just can't stand it when serious religious beliefs are misstated.
Old 6/14/08, 07:46 PM
legacy Tms Member

i dont really know where ( spirits ) go at the moment of death .. i know history relates that robert e. lee`s last words were orders given to men in civil war battle .. that`s where i want my spirit to spend eternity .. when my best friend eddie was killed 30 years ago i felt his presence around for several days .. i believe that good spirits linger to help heal the grieving process .. i can still have ocassional oders that so much make me feel my mother is near .. but heavenly or hellish rewards i dont know about .. i do have a problem with the muslim belief that 72 virgins are waiting them in valahala and that catholics can have a priest wash away their sins . ( so to speak )

Last edited by HOSS429; 6/14/08 at 07:51 PM.
Old 6/14/08, 08:18 PM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by HOSS429
.. i do have a problem with the muslim belief that 72 virgins are waiting them in valahala . ( so to speak )

Well, you know the joke may be on them....terrorists are typically men and I've never heard anyone claim there were 72 or whatever virgin WOMEN waiting for them.....could be Virgin MEN waiting for them!
Old 6/14/08, 08:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Cody, I apologize for posts 7 & 9. I think you started this thread for a sincere discussion about religion and I chimed in like a wiseass. I shouldn't have.
Old 6/14/08, 09:37 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by the procrastinator
Cody, I apologize for posts 7 & 9. I think you started this thread for a sincere discussion about religion and I chimed in like a wiseass. I shouldn't have.
Thanks for notcing my sincerity in the topic...but hey, we can have fun here too. religion does not have to be boring and dull...although it can be sometimes...no worries bro, I just wanted to encourage the topic since the other thread starting going in that direction. I figured people were itching to talk about it so i started this thread...
Old 6/15/08, 07:47 AM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by codeman94
Thanks for notcing my sincerity in the topic...but hey, we can have fun here too. religion does not have to be boring and dull...although it can be sometimes...no worries bro, I just wanted to encourage the topic since the other thread starting going in that direction. I figured people were itching to talk about it so i started this thread...
Exactly, there can be a light side to this topic which can also help keep it from heading in the wrong direction. Just about every war ever fought has involved religion....maybe if people laughed a little bit and kept a sense of humor there wouldn't have been so many wars.

With so many interpretations and outlooks one has to understand that there will be differences. The key is that while you may not agree with another's beliefs you must respect those beliefs even if you do not agree with them.

I have found it interesting to learn about different things and try to understand the history behind different beliefs. While I have learned some things that I think are out there, I have also appreciated the history and tradition behind them.

With a system of beliefs you "believe" in what you feel will happen when you pass on but nobody can really "prove" what will happen so with that nobody can really "prove" who is right or who is wrong.....which I think is why there are so many different forms of religous beliefs in the world. Now I think we would mostly ALL agree in that a few are just plain "out there" but that just really boils down again to belief when you get down to the nuts and bolts of it all.
Old 6/15/08, 10:31 AM
legacy Tms Member

i would love a "one" religion world .. what would be the belief structor though .. i say the ten commandments are sufficient ..
Old 6/15/08, 11:21 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
There were originally 15 commandments....

(waiting to see if anyone catches on to that one)

Quick Reply: Religion