Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Religion

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/08, 06:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
Christians believe that Jesus is God, and Muslims do not. And by not worshiping Jesus, Muslims cease to worship the same God as Christains? I'm guessing thats what you mean?
No I mean that God as revealed in the bible is completly different from the god of the qur'an
Old 6/13/08, 06:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Mohamid wanted to unite and control the people so he made up his writtings and added jewish and catholic ideas trying to get them to join also
Old 6/13/08, 06:34 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I think Chris was talking about the "theory of evolution"...that humans evolved from chance mutations of non living goop. Karman you are correct. Evolution does take place, but It doesnt add up for all of the creatures on earth to have happened by chance...IMO
Old 6/13/08, 06:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Knight
The problem with this perspective is that you are expecting anyone that claims to be "christian" to be acting different then a non christian. When really the only real part of it is to beleive and claim christ as your savior. It is true that to follow gods exact words you would act differently and infact act as jesus would. But works don't get you to heaven. So its all great and everything but a person can be a christian without appearing saint like in everything they do. Even if it is what to strive for.
yes the word says they must act different if they are truly born again
no not perfect but different

Mat 7:14 For narrow is the gate, and constricted is the way that leads away into life, and few are the ones finding it.
Mat 7:15 But beware of the false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inside they are plundering wolves.
Mat 7:16 From their fruits you shall know them. Do they gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles?
Mat 7:17 So every good tree produces good fruits, but the corrupt tree produces evil fruits.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot produce evil fruits, nor a corrupt tree produce good fruits.
Mat 7:19 Every tree not producing good fruit is cut down and is thrown into fire.
Mat 7:20 Then surely from their fruits you shall know them.
Old 6/13/08, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Greywolf
No I mean that God as revealed in the bible is completly different from the god of the qur'an
Explain the Ishmael family then...I dont understand.
Old 6/13/08, 06:38 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
then why does the quran teach to read the bible to go along with the quran?
Old 6/13/08, 06:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by karman
What the heck. I'll jump into the fray.
Okay, here's my little etymological 2 cents.
Scientific theory is an explanation of actual observable things.
Sir Isaac Newton's theory of universal gravitation works just fine.
http://www.notjustatheory.com/

Maybe God created the world in 6 days.
I don't know, I wasn't there.
I don't know WHEN Evolution started I only know for a fact that it exists.
Evolution is a moot point of discussion only because it truly exists.
It is not the "other side" to anything.
It just exists.
no such PROOF of evolution exists only evidence of adaptation
evolution must have a change from one species into another
a Great Dane and a toy Poodle are the same genetically but they look completly different
Old 6/13/08, 06:45 PM
Needs to be more Astony

yes the word says they must act different if they are truly born again
no not perfect but different
my response was not to say nothing would change but more so that since there are no works to earn your way and since noone is the judge of who is saved and who isn't besides god then it would be impossible for you to judge them and say that only 30% or whatever are really christians.
Old 6/13/08, 06:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ishamael is a son of Abraham but Islam didnt come about till thousands of years later when Mohamid invented it
Old 6/13/08, 06:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

then why does the quran teach to read the bible to go along with the quran?
Satan is the god of this world and has always sought to replace the real God he is an imatator and a deciever appearing as a counterfiet the best counterfiets always are close copies but are worthless
Old 6/13/08, 06:49 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Satan is the god of this world and has always sought to replace the real God he is an imatator and a deciever appearing as a counterfiet the best counterfiets always are close copies but are worthless
So your saying that the devil was in the works of the quran and mentions the bible to try to act as truth?
Old 6/13/08, 06:51 PM

I'm getting lost..lol...
Old 6/13/08, 06:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

i would be surprised if more than 30 percent really are.
it was an exprission of surprise a guess not a judgement some who seem bad will be saved others who seem good will be cast out only YHVH can judge justly
Old 6/13/08, 06:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

So your saying that the devil was in the works of the quran and mentions the bible to try to act as truth?
yes and many other works and even so called christian churchs one must always pray and seek the guidance of the word of God and the Holy Spirit to find the truth
Old 6/13/08, 06:56 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Satan is not the god of anything. God does allow evil of course. All part of free will. If we had no will to rebel from god he would never get true love from us when serving him.
Old 6/13/08, 06:57 PM
Needs to be more Astony

yes and many other works and even so called christian churchs one must always pray and seek the guidance of the word of God and the Holy Spirit to find the truth
I would agree with you that satan comes in all guieses.
Old 6/13/08, 07:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Satan is not the god of anything. God does allow evil of course. All part of free will. If we had no will to rebel from god he would never get true love from us when serving him.
The bible says he is the god of this world
2Co 4:3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
2Co 4:4 in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Also men are called god in the orgianal hebrew and greek the word god doesnot necessarily mean a all powerful supernatural being it can also mean a power or authority or judge

Psa 82:6 I said, "You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High.
Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law, 'I SAID, YOU ARE GODS'?Joh 10:35"If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),

Last edited by Greywolf; 6/13/08 at 07:22 PM. Reason: added reference
Old 6/13/08, 07:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

buy the way i use e-sword because it is mostly free and has many translations and commenteries some moduels cost
Old 6/13/08, 07:24 PM
Needs to be more Astony

The bible says he is the god of this world
2Co 4:3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
2Co 4:4 in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Also men are called god in the orgianal hebrew and greek the word god doesnot necessarily mean a all powerful supernatural being it can also mean a power or authority or judge
We are not speaking hebrew or greek. In english god would be refering to the creator.

So in your sentense of saying satan is god of this world would be incorrect. It is clear in the bible that god is the creator and ruler of this earth. and the only reason that satan has any play on earth is due to god allowing it.
Old 6/13/08, 07:26 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by karman
Maybe God created the world in 6 days.
I don't know, I wasn't there.
Nobody was there, so how can anyone even say 6 days, 7 days, or it was even created by a supreme being?

We're really all just living in a speck of dust. Horton, can you hear me?

Quick Reply: Religion