Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Relay for Life 2007 - Help Fund Cancer Research

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/07, 11:35 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Relay for Life 2007 - Help Fund Cancer Research

Hi Everyone,

Last year I had several Mustang Source members that were very interested in donating to this worthy cause. I would like to thank each and every one of you that helped my team last year. In 2006 our team goal was to raise $2,500 - we doubled that goal and raised an impressive $5,000! This was more than any other participating team.

My friends and I are once again participating in the Long Beach Relay for Life to raise money for cancer research. Relay for Life is a 24-hour walk-a-thon that takes place at Cal State Long Beach. At least one person from our team must be on the track at all times during the 24-hour period. Our team is considerably smaller this year but we still have a goal of raising $1,500 by the April 20th deadline. If we get as much support as we did last year, I'm sure we will have no problem surpassing this goal.

If you, or anyone else, would like to make a donation, please visit my personal donation page here: http://www.acsevents.org/faf/r.asp?t...2201-117930127.

Thanks in advance!

Adam
Old 3/5/07, 04:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Don't forget this is a tax write off!
Old 3/5/07, 04:18 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Stickied for Adam again. I donated last year and am going to try to make another one this year. Its a great cause.
Old 3/5/07, 11:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Scothew
Stickied for Adam again. I donated last year and am going to try to make another one this year. Its a great cause.
Yes you did - thanks again! I appreciate the sticky, I'm sure my mustang brethren will help out like last year

Sadly, cancer will effect everyone in their lifetime, one way or another. Whether it's an aquiantance, a good friend, a loved one, or themself. One of our co-captains was diagnosed with leukemia at age six, she's now a 22 year old cancer survivor and enjoying life.
Old 3/18/07, 09:56 AM
Cobra R Member

I'm up to $465 in donations but still nothing from my Mustang brothers! That's okay, at least we can spread the word.

Ben & Jerry's has really stepped up again this year. They are offering their Free Scoop Day on April 17, noon to 9 pm, and we are their charity for the event! This means any money customers donate that day are going directly to our team and the American Cancer Society - very cool. We raised almost $1000 at this event last year.
Old 4/11/07, 09:20 PM
Cobra R Member

Running out of time, feel free to make any last minute donations
Old 5/16/07, 06:37 PM

I to am hosting a event to raise for Cancer research though my car club, Midweststangs, and it is during a car show in my state, Iowa. The temporary flyer made by Hy-Vee's as well and you will find info about me and the club in the bottom left hand corner, little car I will use for the event,and a not so good picture of my 07GT/CS, yes I had the original striping taken off and this put on.
Attached Thumbnails Relay for Life 2007 - Help Fund Cancer Research-car-show-7-21-07-2.jpg   Relay for Life 2007 - Help Fund Cancer Research-my-document-name.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 5/20/07, 07:50 PM
Bullitt Member

as a cancer survivor i appreciate what you do adam. (my wife and i both had skin cancer and she also had cervical cancer). she found the cerivcal cancer before she was 30 and we both found skin cancer in our early/mid 30's.

my wife does work for ACS and chaired 3 or 4 relays this year - we were also in DC last year for the celebration on the hill.

thanks agian
Old 8/4/07, 07:49 PM

Since I last posted of what was doing this year for Cancer, well here are pictures of the event. This was that longest time I ever got to see the little Mustang, as was short lived, one day . The money I earned with it was not much, only $278, but tryed to get my club to match but like
You will find both my Stangs there as well as one of the members. The one with 3 Stangs, #1 was another member and #2 & 3 are both mine. My Granddaughter was ther, survivor, selling tickets and passing information on Cancer to all that would ask. I will be donation everthing I had left to another event this fall to another club I belong to. They have 2 events a year to raise money for Cancer.
Attached Images