Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Lost Season 3 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11/9/06 | 04:56 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

but if he is then that would mean that danielle and ben were a couple, and if I remember correctly I thought danielle said that she had alex before they got to the island?????????
Old 11/9/06 | 05:26 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Old 11/9/06 | 05:48 PM
Bullitt Member

**side note, kate did not answer sawyer when he said 'did you mean you loved me'
The episode flashbacks were also about Kate faking a relationship.
Kate sorta did answer, i thought. She smiled a bit. Then they each said "i love you." So i think they really just care about each person singlely on that island. It could be a fake i love you i guess, hmm. This was a good episode.
My question is when did this guy get his tumor and how did he know he had it?
Old 11/10/06 | 05:45 AM
I Have No Life

She didn't say anything to him when he asked... she just kissed him
That's when he said 'yeaaaahhh I love you too' mockingly

The others have probably been there a while.
He probably started to feel symptoms and they x-rayed him...

Guess the island isn't so healing afterall
or its just certain spots (like the guy in austrailia if you can remember the claire episode)
Old 11/10/06 | 08:21 AM
I'm people, and I like.

supposedly they are on a different island then those that were in the crash.
Old 11/10/06 | 09:58 AM
I Have No Life

Are their homes etc on the same island as the Hydra Station?

I guess they probably are...
Old 11/10/06 | 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer
Are their homes etc on the same island as the Hydra Station?

I guess they probably are...
their homes should be on the same island that they crashed on if you recall the opening of the first episode of this season, they watch the plane crash and ben sends two of them on foot to the crash sites and says that if they run they should be able to make it in an hour or something like that.
Old 11/15/06 | 07:56 PM
I'm people, and I like.

IGN listed their Top 50 Loose Ends
http://tv.ign.com/articles/745/745595p1.html
Old 1/3/07 | 11:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Upcoming episode spoilers.
http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Season_3/prespoilers

Incase you've missed the sneak previews they've been airing during Daybreak and now Grey's Anatomy they're all here.
http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Lost_Moments
Old 1/4/07 | 02:21 PM

Looks interesting. Can't wait for it to start up again.
Old 2/8/07 | 02:53 AM

Discussion of tonights episode?

Ill start it off with a couple of things that stood out a lot to me as I watched tonight:

Juliets connected to 9-11? Based on her statement that she has been on the island for 3 years, 2 months and 28 days and we know that she says this in this episode which is day 73, which would be by Lost's timeline December 3, 2004. So counting back 3yrs. 2m. 28d. she wouldve arrived on the island on Sept. 5, 2001 just shy of a week before the attacks of 9-11. Is this coincidence or is there more to this.

And what is meant by "they have history" commented about Ben and Juliet? What history?

Aldo? Wierd name so I looked it up. http://tools.oxygen.com/babynamer/
"This boy's name is used in Italian and Spanish. It corresponds to the English name Aldous." My mind instantly went to Aldous Huxley author of the sci-fi novel Brave New World about an utopian society which focuses a lot on advances in reproductive technology, biological technology, and sleep-learning. Sound Familiar? He also wrote Island, which is also about an utopian society, this time on an island where the main character, a secular humanist is shipwrecked, where the society again has a huge focus on children. Another possible reference would be to Aldo from Planet of the Apes, where Aldo and Caesar ultimately battle it out for control over the society. Could this Aldo become a bigger character in the future? Also to be noted that the meaning of the name Aldous is: "This boy's name is used in English. Its source is ald, an Ancient Germanic word meaning 'Old.'" And from time to time we get glimpses of the possibility of some issues on the island with time/aging, it is definitely a reoccurring theme as we see it again in tonights episode with the 26 year old with a 70 year old's womb.

A Brief History of Time: Aldo is reading this while guarding the hatch. Writen by Stephen Hawking it covers many areas of physics but more specific to Lost, it covers black holes. This actually was the Chapter Aldo had the book opened to. Again we get another reference to the theme of time. The idea of black holes could very well explain why it is the Island can not be found, why while on the "main" island the Losties can not see the smaller island of the others, how it is Desmond can know the future (is he passing through time via a black hole?), or perhaps it could also be the way off the island; via "Hawking Radiation," Hawking's theory on how things can escape or appear to escape black holes.
A more precise, but still much simplified view of the process is that vacuum fluctuations cause a particle-antiparticle pair to appear close to the event horizon of a black hole. One of the pair falls into the black hole whilst the other escapes. In order to preserve total energy, the particle which fell into the black hole must have had a negative energy (with respect to an observer far away from the black hole). By this process the black hole loses mass, and to an outside observer it would appear that the black hole has just emitted a particle.
Mittlelos Bioscience: First off Mittlelos is a simple anagram for Lost Time or Time Lost. Second, I found this site: mittlelosbioscience.org The user name is jburke and password is rachel. Many interesting things on there such as:
Spoiler (Highlight to see):
A 3rd island. Ethan Rom is listed as a Ph.D. working on the genome project. Makes sense his being a geneticist since he was the one experimenting on Claire.

Also something we find out from this episode is also on the site and that is Juliet and her ex were working on a drug that for a virgin conception.Is this how Sun got pregnant? Remember she was found knocked out alone in one episode.

Should do it for now, Ill leave some to you guys....lol
Old 2/8/07 | 07:33 AM
I Have No Life

Thread renamed more appropriately
Old 2/8/07 | 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by rrobello
Is this how Sun got pregnant? Remember she was found knocked out alone in one episode.
Thanks for going over all the small details I missed! Didn't Charlie drag Sun into the jungle though?
Old 2/8/07 | 10:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
Thread renamed more appropriately
Why thank you

So that episode really didn't answer many(any) questions, just made more....as usual
Old 2/9/07 | 06:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 2005Stang032
Why thank you

So that episode really didn't answer many(any) questions, just made more....as usual
Well, it did answer the question as to what happened to the actor that played Batmanuel on the "The Tick"!

Old 2/9/07 | 11:37 PM
Bullitt Member

And yov'e got to love the Star Wars "Wookie prisoner trick" reference
.....and Kate is so hot

my dreams were shattered when she married that hobbit
Old 2/10/07 | 01:35 PM
I Have No Life

Didn't think they were married yet...
..but yes..Hobbitboy is a dinkus
Old 2/15/07 | 04:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Very interesting now, eh? confused yet? So this is all in the future. and the flash backs arent flash backs they are present happenings.
Old 2/15/07 | 05:43 PM

I was hoping for more stuff to happen on the island although I did like last night's episode.
Old 2/15/07 | 05:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ZipZap04
Very interesting now, eh? confused yet? So this is all in the future. and the flash backs arent flash backs they are present happenings.

Quick Reply: Lost Season 3 Discussion