Old 4/3/13, 01:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well there goes the neighborhood
Old 4/3/13, 01:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by McNassty
'But I don't want to work anywhere for anybody. I want the training to open up my own shop with my dad and my brother' that's childish, do you think anyone but yourself and your mom care what you want? Wise up bubba the world is rough and no one cares what you want, only children think they get whatever they want
For your information, there is a reason I am doing all of this now. To find out how I can achieve this goal. "I don't want to work for anybody" means I don't plan on going to UTI to change oil at Jiffy Lube. It means I'm going to have a job while attending UTI and upon graduation I will immediately start on doing everything I need for my own shop. That's the original plan anyways. I don't plan on getting everything I want, I plan on working hard for it. And to tell you the truth, the way you're trying to get your point across is pretty rude considering your warped impression of me.
Old 4/3/13, 01:08 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
if you think thats rude.. business is a very rough place and hot rod shops are one of the worst. most of the people that have shops grew up in the business since they were able to walk and hold a wrench.

you will also need to take some business classes and work on having better then perfect credit. You will also need to save up a couple hundred thousand dollars.
Old 4/3/13, 01:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Work construction. There is always something being built.

Grocery stores, convenient stores, discount tire or some tire shop, landscaping, car detailing, etc
Old 4/3/13, 01:12 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Casarez2125

For your information, there is a reason I am doing all of this now. To find out how I can achieve this goal. "I don't want to work for anybody" means I don't plan on going to UTI to change oil at Jiffy Lube. It means I'm going to have a job while attending UTI and upon graduation I will immediately start on doing everything I need for my own shop. That's the original plan anyways. I don't plan on getting everything I want, I plan on working hard for it. And to tell you the truth, the way you're trying to get your point across is pretty rude considering your warped impression of me.
Don't sweat him man. I'm telling you that when you do graduate UTI, you won't be ready. Another two to three years before you are kinda comfortable after school are in order. So my point is why UTI? The degree won't get you any farther in the business. Hell ASE certs really don't mean crap except when you're applying for a job. Like I said, body and paint(go to school). Auto repair, just start working and don't waste the money on classes. Just pm Paul and ask his advise on it. He has a custom and resto shop and has been doing this for a long time.
Old 4/3/13, 01:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Lol, as I said good luck, your going to need it. The world is going to chew you up and spot you on the sidewalk unless you wise up
Old 4/3/13, 01:49 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Good luck finding a job.

I've got two degrees, graduated college with honors, have 7+ years of work experience, and so many academic achievements and leadership positions with organizations, I can't fit them all on my resume; and I can't even find a basic entry-level position.
Old 4/3/13, 01:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
Good luck finding a job.

I've got two degrees, graduated college with honors, have 7+ years of work experience, and so many academic achievements and leadership positions with organizations, I can't fit them all on my resume; and I can't even find a basic entry-level position.
I've got the same issue
Old 4/3/13, 01:57 PM

Good luck finding a job.

What's your field? Don't think I've ever asked.
Old 4/3/13, 02:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Don't sweat him man. I'm telling you that when you do graduate UTI, you won't be ready. Another two to three years before you are kinda comfortable after school are in order. So my point is why UTI? The degree won't get you any farther in the business. Hell ASE certs really don't mean crap except when you're applying for a job. Like I said, body and paint(go to school). Auto repair, just start working and don't waste the money on classes. Just pm Paul and ask his advise on it. He has a custom and resto shop and has been doing this for a long time.
Unfortunately there is no body and paint schools in the area. I'll probably have to get an apprenticeship or something at an existing shop, but learning the ways of the trade is a must for sure. UTI has guidance counselors to get you the connections, information, and hook-ups you need. I also dig the Hot Rod and U Street programs that deal with high performance. I am well-aware for the whole credit and money thing. While in high school I went on a career trek to a place called VS Motorsports. The owner at the time was 23. Opened his shop immediately after finishing high school. They were doing so good they had to move to s place three times as big. Most of his employees went to WyoTech.

Just Paul? Not Paul762 or xxPaulxx, just Paul?
Old 4/3/13, 02:03 PM
Banned

Good luck finding a job.

That's horrible. What's your major?
Old 4/3/13, 02:06 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I've got degrees in Accounting and Business Management - One field that should be easy to get a position in, and the other is the catch all for any job.
Old 4/3/13, 02:09 PM

Unfortunately there is no body and paint schools in the area. I'll probably have to get an apprenticeship or something at an existing shop, but learning the ways of the trade is a must for sure. UTI has guidance counselors to get you the connections, information, and hook-ups you need. I also dig the Hot Rod and U Street programs that deal with high performance. I am well-aware for the whole credit and money thing. While in high school I went on a career trek to a place called VS Motorsports. The owner at the time was 23. Opened his shop immediately after finishing high school. They were doing so good they had to move to s place three times as big. Most of his employees went to WyoTech.

Just Paul? Not Paul762 or xxPaulxx, just Paul?
Svopaul.

I could probably give you a couple phone numbers of UTI graduates that would tell you what I'm telling you. But it's your life man. Go for it. Unless you get on with a professional race team, there's no real money in hot rodding. Custom builds are a different story but its not easy dude. You're still young so either way go for it.
Old 4/3/13, 02:10 PM

I've got degrees in Accounting and Business Management - One field that should be easy to get a position in, and the other is the catch all for any job.
You should go back to culinary school. People gotta eat.
Old 4/3/13, 02:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Svopaul.

I could probably give you a couple phone numbers of UTI graduates that would tell you what I'm telling you. But it's your life man. Go for it. Unless you get on with a professional race team, there's no real money in hot rodding. Custom builds are a different story but its not easy dude. You're still young so either way go for it.
I shall contact Svopaul.
Old 4/3/13, 02:21 PM

I shall contact Svopaul.
Sorry Paul.
Old 4/3/13, 02:23 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think that's a great idea. Paul will scare him away or put him on the right path.
Old 4/3/13, 02:27 PM
Banned

Wait, what? What's with the evil face and "scare him away"?
Old 4/3/13, 02:31 PM

Wait, what? What's with the evil face and "scare him away"?
He might be nice to you or he might break your heart. Good luck. When it comes to professional custom shop owners, he's the man on this site.
Old 4/3/13, 02:38 PM
Banned

Well, I was polite in my message. What makes him the go-to guy?

Quick Reply: I need a job