Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

I know why my dentist drives a mercedes..

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/05 | 11:46 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I have a toothache.......A super bad can't sleep one.Since Sunday, and nothing from my past experience working in dental cured.

I "woke up" this morning from sleeping on a pillow of ice(didn't help) and called for an emergency appointment.........I didn't even see the frigging dentist, I saw my hygenist- and all she did was look at my tooth, and bring me two prescriptions...

Five minutes tops- no work, no nothing- $33 which came out of my pocket. Whatever.......I woulda paid a million bucks to get rid of this.........but I wish I made $33 in five minutes.

Second: WTF my dentist does is a mystery- he farms his work out to other dentists- like my molar in back got cracked from my tooth clenching at night- hence the toothache and infection- off to the ORAL SURGEON he wants to send me...What? One numbing agent, one pair of pliers, two minutes too much work? His endodontist does root canals, and sends you off to the tooth filling Doctor (also not my dentist) so they each get a piece of the insurance pie(wasting up my coverage limit quick).

Third: Due to my all things cillin allergy I had to get some wicked crazy expensive antibotics- $30 copay for SIX OF THEM- thats five bucks each!!!!!!! They better be the best antibiotics ever- but as a bonus I got lortabs too off to lala land I go soon. I got a dozen of those- YAHOOOO. Downside? Can't drive Eleanor while I am on em.
Old 1/6/05 | 11:50 AM
Post *****

Get some dentures.
Old 1/6/05 | 12:10 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Evil_Capri@January 6, 2005, 1:53 PM
Get some dentures.
Har!
I may be from bammy, but I have all my teefesses.
Old 1/6/05 | 12:19 PM
Cobra Member

Try oragel. I've heard that works. If not, there is always the pliers in the garage.
Old 1/6/05 | 12:59 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Orajel

Four Tubes in Four days......Nada! Am, Pm, Extra Strength and even those new ones that melt in your mouth.

Screw that..........I got me some sign here and show your ID please painkillers, and right about now I am feeling so good I'm not even upset you can't drive while on em.
Old 1/6/05 | 02:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Can I see your Liscence please ma'am?

u: Isnt on the back of the car man?!

hehe...
Old 1/6/05 | 04:32 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

holy crap....they make you feel reeeeeeeeal good, but I still wanna blow off my tooth with a .38.
Antibiotics better kick in!
Im running on 1,000 mg of em, grr.

Im gonna get in with the italian dentist- he sounds interesting..Dr Giambrone......Much more fun than Dr write me a check for nothin.
Old 1/6/05 | 11:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

off to the ORAL SURGEON he wants to send me...What? One numbing agent, one pair of pliers, two minutes too much work?
Acutally, this should be covered under your medical insurance, not your dental. Kinda makes you wonder if your dentist got sued for something and now he's just covering himself.

Hope your teefers feel better soon! I hate tooth pain more than anything else....I'd rather have my shoulder reconstructed again!
Old 1/7/05 | 01:44 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by PaulF@January 7, 2005, 1:21 AM
off to the ORAL SURGEON he wants to send me...What? One numbing agent, one pair of pliers, two minutes too much work?
Acutally, this should be covered under your medical insurance, not your dental. Kinda makes you wonder if your dentist got sued for something and now he's just covering himself.

Hope your teefers feel better soon! I hate tooth pain more than anything else....I'd rather have my shoulder reconstructed again!
Oh score- even better!My medical insurance is better than my Dental. Its Two AM and I have now got like 2,000 mg of narcotic running through me and I can NOT sleep and I need to be up by five.
Apparently the tooth likes to screw with me and wake me up in agony in the middle of the night. six more hours until My dental appt!!
Old 1/7/05 | 03:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Apparently the tooth likes to screw with me and wake me up in agony in the middle of the night.
Replace tooth with baby and that's what my wife says every morning when I get home from work!

Poor kid is 10 months old and cutting teeth like crazy...
Old 1/7/05 | 05:27 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by PaulF@January 7, 2005, 5:55 AM
Apparently the tooth likes to screw with me and wake me up in agony in the middle of the night.
Replace tooth with baby and that's what my wife says every morning when I get home from work!

Poor kid is 10 months old and cutting teeth like crazy...
Ouch! I remember those days.

I got a whole whopping 4.5 hours of sleep last night! I am so happy I could die.

I am sending this tooth to hades- fuggedabout it, and besides its the very last one on top. Double bonus- no smoking for 72 hours, so this may be the kick in the butt I need to kick the butt.....
Old 1/7/05 | 08:21 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Hope it feels better soon. Nothing worse than tooth pain. I had a root canal 6 months ago. I am not looking forward to next month when they cap the tooth.
Old 1/7/05 | 09:49 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Antibiotics kicked in...........Just as I was setting out to go to my appt.......

Quit hurtin cause they kicked in!
I remain intact and pain free since 3 am!

Pain free is good.

Gives me a clearer head so I can figure out how to raise $189 for vents to make my car not be a sheep.
Old 1/8/05 | 11:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

a local dentist drives a freakin lotus elise.......yellow......its freakin awsum
Old 1/9/05 | 08:39 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My dentist can stick it.......I am switching to the italian dentists- their office is nicer and I don't like being farmed out to 84,000 different dentists.

Hes all full of BS, and I was a dental assistant for 8 years, so I know his game.
Old 1/18/05 | 09:47 PM
Cobra Member

Good ole Italians...

In any case...my dentist is Dr. Wonderlick (no lie!) and my insurance agent is named Skarr

Just useless info, there