Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

I Hate Media People

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/04, 01:22 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
"By Monday, reporters and photographers were camped outside the Schwartzmans' Nairobi home, and at one point pursued the car of Yaron's mother, Hannah Schwartzman, as she left the walled compound."

They should sue for harassment. Apparently killing Princess Diana wasn't enough to make these losers stop chasing people through the streets.

Whole article: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ap/kerry_polier
Old 2/16/04, 02:02 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vultures... the media will drive people crazy for the "story" (read: $$$)
Old 2/16/04, 02:07 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
scum .... every one of them
Old 2/16/04, 02:33 PM

I remember reading a story online a couple of years ago where this 15-year old boy's childhood friends had gotten mixed up in drugs. The "friends" got his girlfriend to lure him into a field after picking up his minimum wage paycheck and beat him to death for the money. The article said that phone calls and knocks on the door of his parents' house went unanswered. If it were my boy and you came knocking on my door, I'd fill you full of lead.

And everytime an infant dies, some idiot local newscaster has to go shove a microphone in the grieving mother's face to ask her how she feels. How do you think she feels? She just lost her three-year old son!

Old 2/16/04, 02:44 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
agreed...lead would be my answer as well. Hell I'd shoot em just for being on my property.
Old 2/16/04, 03:30 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
At least they couldn't knock on the door of the "walled" compound. But yeah, I agree. Journalists as a whole recently think following a story means intruding upon situations. if they want a story, report the facts as know, don't camp and harrass to get the story.

Very little of what we call news anymore is actually news. Its mostly gossip or a re-reporting of some othe routlets news. And often attributed to 'they' or 'unidentified sources' ... Please ...
Old 2/16/04, 04:21 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems as if in the last few years there has been an explosion in all kinds of media outlets. Look at the hype and attention the OJ trial and police chase got... 3-4 hours a day of coverage. The same thing with Kobe's case.. all kinds of so-called "specailists" being interviewed, the media scrum for a 5 minute court appearance... It has gone out of control.
Old 2/16/04, 04:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by BlueStangVert@Feb. 16th, 2004, 3:36 PM
I remember reading a story online a couple of years ago where this 15-year old boy's childhood friends had gotten mixed up in drugs. The "friends" got his girlfriend to lure him into a field after picking up his minimum wage paycheck and beat him to death for the money. The article said that phone calls and knocks on the door of his parents' house went unanswered. If it were my boy and you came knocking on my door, I'd fill you full of lead.

And everytime an infant dies, some idiot local newscaster has to go shove a microphone in the grieving mother's face to ask her how she feels. How do you think she feels? She just lost her three-year old son!

When you have kids you tend to understand more how parents feel going through rough times like that...
Old 2/16/04, 04:40 PM

There are too many media outlets and not enough news. Even CNN Headline News--the 24-Hour News Source, is just a two-hour broadcast showed 12 times a day. Pick up your TV Guide and count the news channels. It's rediculus.
Old 2/16/04, 06:26 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
"News" is big business now. Its prepackaged into sound bites, and played over and over for hours on end.

Also, it's a little silly what passes for news. Even "News Magazine Shows" like 60 minutes and 20/20 are more celebrity driven then they used to be. They were a lot more entertaining then they are now. Its sad when Ben and jen (and their breakup) are bigger news then the REAL news.

But I suppose as long as people want to see it, advertisers will pay the networks to broadcast it.
Old 2/16/04, 07:40 PM

I wish I were joking about this. Tonight at 9 on my local news, find out why mug shots look so bad.

This is news?
Old 2/16/04, 07:51 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by BlueStangVert@Feb. 16th, 2004, 2:25 PM
"By Monday, reporters and photographers were camped outside the Schwartzmans' Nairobi home, and at one point pursued the car of Yaron's mother, Hannah Schwartzman, as she left the walled compound."

They should sue for harassment. Apparently killing Princess Diana wasn't enough to make these losers stop chasing people through the streets.

Whole article: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ap/kerry_polier
http://www.drudgereport.com/

Apparently she admitted it, but now she wants wants no part of it. Careful what you wish for sometimes...
Old 2/16/04, 07:55 PM
Cobra Member

I don't know, Brad, I think that's a very important news story... much more than say, a murder, or a bombing, or even a bank robbery. I've always wanted to know why those darn mug shots look so bad! [/sarcasm]

Larry King now more than ever is all about Hollywood. CNN might as well be E! for all I care.
Old 2/16/04, 08:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Journalists seem to have no common sense. I wonder how most of them make it through their daily lives.