Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

How people react in accidents

Search this Thread

Old 6/11/06 | 07:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

How people react in accidents

I'm just curious, why does it seem everytime I hear of an accident, the person who's fault it clearly is, jumps out of the car yelling at the other person who they hit and telling them it's their fault?

Example:
Corvette legally parked in Walmart parking spot, owner standing outside of car, Katrina evacuee driving with no license, no insurance, in a stolen car with no brakes hits Corvette, jumps out of car yelling racial slurs and rushes the owner of the Vette to assault him. Vette owner retreats halfway through parking lot to avoid being assaulted.

Other example:
Motorcycle is stopped on a road (no turn lane, just a regular 2 lane road) with left blinker on to turn left, waiting for oncoming traffic, is hit from behind by SUV. SUV driver jumps out, yelling that it is motorcyclist fault for being stopped in the road. People come to help and administer first aid to motorcyclist, SUV rider yells profanity and racial slurs to mind their own @#$%ing business.

I could go on and on, I hear storeis like this all the time. Is this becoming like a technique? If you get in an accident, are people saying you should jump out of your car yelling at the other persone? Who knows, maybe they'll fall for it and think, "Yeah, maybe I was in my car and I ran into this guy instead of standing outside of it while legally parked."

What's the world coming too? Or are we already there?
Old 6/11/06 | 09:52 AM
Needs to be more Astony

I don't think that happens everytime but yeah people are always quick to blame other people no matter what. No one wants to take responsibility for their own actions.
Old 6/11/06 | 11:06 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Just the scumbags of society that refuse to take responsibility for thier own action and the consiquences of said actions.
Old 6/11/06 | 03:31 PM
GTR Member

It is also adrenaline and the "fight or flight" instinct taking hold. We are talking a primevil reaction here. They cannot take "flight", so they go on the offensive. I remember reading an article on written by a shrink once.
Old 6/12/06 | 11:35 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by burningman
Just the scumbags of society that refuse to take responsibility for thier own action and the consiquences of said actions.
That and they want to try to make a quick buck off the insurance company.
Old 6/15/06 | 08:39 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

What is worse than this is that when an accident occurs, the person who has fault flees the scene. I hear that a lot in Monterrey, Mexico