Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

GT 4 hint!

Search this Thread

Old 2/4/06, 10:24 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Andy, I don't really know how to setup suspensions i used to always buy the racae one and leave it alone... but on the last run i copied Jasons FOrd GT LM suspension setup and put it on my production car. But i do have a ballast of 60kg -50 which he didn't put on his.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(THRUST_ @ February 4, 2006, 11:00 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
yeah I bought all those black cars on that day, I saved up a lot of money before that. I dont use them very much though.

I want to know what some good setting would be for the GT too.

and Chris, that might explain wh mine doesn't have over 800hp, I'm not sure what its at now, but I'll check, then change the oil and check again.

Seeing as this is a mustang forum, anyone want to do a Mustang GT challenge too?
[/b][/quote]
I saved up money to buy the black cars and then i copied my game file once i got there and bought them on another mem card so i could buy them whenever i wanted.... and then i really never wanted to use tem so i just never bought them off my other card.

yeah a Mustang GT challenge would be cool...but i do prefer the 2000 Cobra R over the Mustang GT... I really think they screwed up when they made the 2005 mustang in the game..i mean common 14.6 stock 1/4 mile..gimme a break. and it handles like crap.
Old 2/4/06, 11:23 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they totally crapped out the Mustang GT... they put last generation's numbers on there I think (looking at the HP numbers which are last generations)
Old 2/4/06, 12:59 PM
Needs to be more Astony

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thezeppelin8 @ February 4, 2006, 12:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
they totally crapped out the Mustang GT... they put last generation's numbers on there I think (looking at the HP numbers which are last generations)
[/b][/quote]
It has 300hp in the game. 315hp after oil change.

In GT2 they did that with the 1999 GT they put it having 225hp instead of 260hp.
Old 2/4/06, 01:44 PM
Cobra Member

I was not able to beat my 6:30 with a Ford GT so I thought I'd try out a Mustang GT. I did one lap with it (no nitrous) and got a 6:43 not bad, only a second off of my best time using nitrous. the problem for me was the high speed turns, I have no steering wheel (not sure if that makes a big difference) and if I edge off the road it is almost certainly going to spin. As much as I hate the look of the wings, I decided to try it with the wing and front and rear downforce set to 30. MAGIC, it could take so many turns barely even braking that I would have surely spun before.

ok enough with the story, my time was a 6:28.097 in a Mustang GT [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

it was a nearly perfect run so I saved the ghost replay and took a picture for proof.
Old 2/4/06, 01:50 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Very slick!

I am going to have to try the Mustang GT. I can't beleive it was that fast!

Whats with the 1:30 and 1:43 times did you mean 6:30 and 6:43?

I do own the steering wheel but i am to lazy to take it out to play so all my times are with the controller.
Old 2/4/06, 01:54 PM
Cobra Member

haha yeah I did mean 6:30 and 6:43 haha oops.

I did the oil change thing in the GT and it went from 792hp to 832hp, I didnt know that even made a difference.

I really dont think I could do that lap any faster in the mustang unless I used nitrous. By the last strait I was just thinking, dont screw this up!
Old 2/4/06, 07:55 PM
Cobra Member

This little competition has addicted me to the Nurburgring. I decided to go back to the GT because a mustang shouldn't be able to beat a car with way more power and better handling.

I took all the suspension settings that Jason posted before and came up with a 6:14.565 in the 05 GT. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img]