Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

First Motorcycle: The Krylon Kruiser

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/08, 12:54 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
dropped the bike off at the guys house in Daly City. He's gonna simplify the wiring harrness and get my baby runnin again. the wiring harness will only consist of whatever is needed to make the motor run, the headlight and the tail/brakelight. no other wires will be on the bike

i had to order the battery from a dealership and im dropping that off to him whenever they get it and call me.

after that its just a matter of hookin up the gas tanks, brakes, gettin a seat, lights, redoing the handcontrols, rear sprocket and chain and throw on a new set of tires and she's good to go!

Old 12/4/08, 02:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Things are rolling again, literaly
Old 12/4/08, 02:27 PM
Post *****

lol yup

im still waiting for my battery to arrive though. gotta pick it up and get it to the guy workin on the electricals

if i can get this running before 2009... that would be amazing..
Old 12/4/08, 08:39 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
yup, we need videos of cyclearin. make sure you wear your gear
Old 12/4/08, 08:46 PM
Post *****

before i can wear my gear i gots ta buy some lol

would it make me a poser to wear a a triumph jacket if im riding a yamaha?

Maybe people will see I'm riding a vertical twin and think its a triumph

I also want this helmet

http://www.helmetguy.com/gallery/Boba-Fett-helmet
Old 12/4/08, 09:18 PM
NTTAWWT

yeah, dont wear a triumph jacket without one! that helmet kicks ***! you might have to swap out the shield though, lol
Old 12/4/08, 09:20 PM
Post *****

sigh. i really like that jacket. plus triumph makes some sweet stuff from the safety side of things too.

i really like my fancy tan leather jacket, but i never wear it cuz its so fancy . this id have to wear.

"and vanity shall be my undoing.."

sigh
Old 12/5/08, 10:30 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That helmet rocks!
Old 12/5/08, 02:55 PM
Post *****

yes. yes it does
Old 12/5/08, 07:06 PM
NTTAWWT

I say wear gear (especially when starting) that you're not afraid to destroy, you know what they say..."there's two types of riders, those who have crashed, and those who will" I'll have the gear well before the bike. But now I'm kinda just thinking I should get an Ariel Atom, and be good
Old 12/5/08, 07:07 PM
Post *****

i'll have gear before i even think of riding it. the most ill do with the bike sans gear is sit on it and make vroom noises (unless its actually running, in which case i'll rev it and bug the neighbors ) but thats it
Old 12/5/08, 07:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I can see it now Like Tommy Chong with his bike in the house with an exhaust extention out the window on the neighbours prize rose garden . lmao
Old 12/5/08, 07:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
I say, get the Triumph jacket, the Boba Fett helmet, and heck, some Harley boots, with a splash of Honda gloves if it makes you happy. It's YOUR ride.

Me? I'll be wearin' my Red/Black/Silver TourMaster Intake Series II jacket, HJC CL-15 Dragon in Red/Silver/White/Black, my Joe Rocket Phoenix 3.0 black and red gloves, and whatever sturdy ankle boots I got... while I ride my Yellow Pearl and Silver 1995 Honda Pacific Coast.

Well, it will be Yellow when I put the stuff back on... it's currently sans front end while I wait for the replacement steering stem... I bent the current one...

And then it'll be a streetfighter for a little bit... Baddest lookin' PC800 you ever saw, peeps! Just enough stuff to be legal and rolling for testing purposes.

Then we put it back together right, ensure we don't need more plastics than I've already ordered and got... then tear it down and get it painted black, dark graphite and a red stripe at the break.

<.<
>.>
But it'll still be a Pacific Coast. Oh well. Can't turn down a "free" bike... Since I wrecked it, I can keep it, apparently.

Which is kinda cool, I always liked the stupid things. Just not in Yellow so much for myself.

/They see me rollin'... they hatin'...
//I've decided. Yes, I will have those Harley boots I want. WTFnot?
///Oh, re: Boba helmet... take that crap offa the visor, k?
Old 12/5/08, 09:07 PM
Post *****

Didnt know you rode houtex

post some pics of your bike. I've got some combat boots for the time being, thats what i wore when I took the MSF course. my buddy just got some harley boots and says he loves em, so i guess thats a good way to go when these boots wear out

and about the visor.. im trying to find a way to have it be there (something similar at least) and not be problematic. maybe instead of paint on the visor, just colored tint. shouldnt be any worse than other tinted visors methinks...

we'll see. i probably wont have cash to paint the bucket til long after ive been riding it anyway
Old 12/5/08, 10:58 PM
NTTAWWT

idk, they have those graphic things on the side of buses that are see through from the inside, just not sure about the legality of them on a helmet.
Old 12/5/08, 11:38 PM
Post *****

I wish i could make an ACTUAL Mandalorian helmet that was DOT/SNELL certified.... sigh
Old 12/6/08, 05:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Ooh, that'd be cool.

Techically, if you just put foam on it, and it stuck, and you *didn't* crack the shell, just lightly sanded it... it would still be dot/snell. Although the thought is by scratching it at all, you're screwin' with the integrity of the shell... but how do you think they paint them in the first place, eh? Paint/primer doesn't stick as well to slick surfaces....

Anyway, You'd probably have to show the process of it being made... having pics and such... just in case... But the foam would be both a bit of weight, and an aerodynamic problem... as in, yer neck will be a very tired puppy...

Yeah, I used to ride a while back. Been a few years. Had a 1978 GS 400 Suzuki with a kick start. **** thing would stall all the time, turned me off. Never felt comfy on it. Gave it up... but recently I have been JONESIN' bad. And way more confident since I put my face on the ground... I got that over with, so it'll not happen again... or so is the hope. :P

The Honda PC 800 Pacific Coast: http://images.google.com/images?um=1...=Search+Images

Only currently mine's in pieces, so it's very streetfighter now. Kinda neat lookin' actually. I'll take some pics and post them. Won't be legal without the front fairing, the wheel fairing, and the trunk bottom. Lights and reflectors, dontcha know. I got *every* other part except this one... and it's the most important one. No va without it.

Recently had the motorcycle show in town and got to test ride a VStar 950. Nice bike. Got the Silverado, floorboards, heel-toe shifter, windscreen and bags. Hadn't been on the freeway on a bike in about 15 years, and that was a fun way to reestablish myself. Great ride, wish it had been longer than the 30 minutes. And I *love* heel-toe shifters. Seriously.

I.
Can't.
Wait.
To.
Ride.

Last edited by houtex; 12/6/08 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12/7/08, 12:36 AM
Post *****

that sounds pretty sweet. be sure to post some pichas. my buddy has heel toe shifting on his newly aquired KZ1000 police bike... which is gigantic

i got a call from the bike guy today. he said he got it to crank

Arin are excited. pribably picking it up tomorrow, unless more work needs doing, but it seems like its ready to go. it needs to have the starting switch replaced, but other than that... good to go!
Old 12/10/08, 05:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Did it ran finally?
Old 12/10/08, 09:30 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by edumspeed
Did it ran finally?
what he said. thought you were gonna go for the "complete Boba Fett look" with the riding gear?

Quick Reply: First Motorcycle: The Krylon Kruiser