Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

DARK KNIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/08, 07:45 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just saw the movie yesterday. I have seen all of the Batman movies and by far, IMO, this is the best. Heath was amazing as the Joker. I had no clue he would have been that good. Such a sad loss So did anyone see the preview for the next Terminator movie that Christian Bale stars in next year? Looks like we are going to have a few years of some awesome movies coming out.
Old 7/21/08, 07:47 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best Batman movie to date. This is the first one where when it ends you're really wanting it not to. My only nit is that the voice of Batman is just a little much. He needs to tone it back just a tad... otherwise, I absolutely enjoyed every minute of it!

-danny
Old 7/21/08, 09:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pegasusphototx
Best Batman movie to date. This is the first one where when it ends you're really wanting it not to. My only nit is that the voice of Batman is just a little much. He needs to tone it back just a tad... otherwise, I absolutely enjoyed every minute of it!

-danny
I agree he sounded like he'd been smoking 2 packs a day for 20 years.
Old 7/21/08, 03:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by adrenalin
Just saw the movie yesterday. I have seen all of the Batman movies and by far, IMO, this is the best. Heath was amazing as the Joker. I had no clue he would have been that good. Such a sad loss So did anyone see the preview for the next Terminator movie that Christian Bale stars in next year? Looks like we are going to have a few years of some awesome movies coming out.
Haven't see the trailer yet for T4, but Bale is playing an adult John Conner fighting the robots, years after Judgement day!!! That is gonna be awesome!!!
Old 7/21/08, 05:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I was worried it would be over-hyped, but I certainly didn't feel that it was.

Can't wait to see T4. Should be awesome, but I'm not going to have HUGE hopes until I see some better previews.

I agree. At a couple of points, Batman's voice was too much. That's not Bale, though, that's the sound engineer and director. But it didn't detract from the movie. I think what they're trying to do, is give Batman and Bruce Wayne very distinct voices. They hadn't done that in the previous series, or even in the original TV series.
Old 7/21/08, 09:04 PM
I'm people, and I like.

i thought the movie was amazing.
for sure transcended the comic book movie genre.
didn't feel like i was watching a comic book movie at all... which is a good thing.
Old 7/22/08, 08:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have noticed an interesting trend in recent movies. Studios are trying to emphasize the dark side of these characters, and portray them on a more personal, human level. Take James Bond for example. The series with Peirce Brosnan was very upbeat, gadgety, and full of special effects action. Then out comes the Daniel Craig series in which it had a much more serious tone, kind of dark and sinister backdrop. The Batman movies are the same way. The series with Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney were all very colorful and it felt like watching a comic book, lots of cheesey stunt (especially the one with Arnold as the ice guy). But the newer Christain Bale series took the same turn the Daniel Craig/James Bond series did. It was darker and more personal. Even in the HBO series Entourage when a studio was trying to pitch Aquaman to Vince, they used the fact that they were going to portray the dark side of the character as a selling point. I just thought this was interesting to point out.

And Ledgers performance gave me goosebumps. It will go down in the books as one of the best ever.

Last edited by jmanpatsfan; 7/22/08 at 08:51 PM.
Old 7/22/08, 10:54 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by pegasusphototx

-danny
yeah, when i first heard it i thought it was a little cheesy.

in fact thats my only beef with the whole movie is that batman doesnt seem very "batmanish." He has no batmobile (the tumbler is cool but its not a batmobile), and he is not smart. My favorite thing about batman is that hes a supehero who has no powers. he only relies on his cunning and intelligence.

in dark knight the joker was always two steps ahead of batman, batman just relied on his brute strength and to me his character was never about that
Old 7/23/08, 12:28 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Dark Knight was just awesome! I'm going to see this again in the theaters! Like most, can't say enough about Ledger as Joker. He was the evil, crazy, yet intelligent maniac that he should have been.

Oh...and T4: Looks great!

Old 7/24/08, 03:01 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
in fact thats my only beef with the whole movie is that batman doesnt seem very "batmanish." He has no batmobile (the tumbler is cool but its not a batmobile), and he is not smart. My favorite thing about batman is that hes a supehero who has no powers. he only relies on his cunning and intelligence.

in dark knight the joker was always two steps ahead of batman, batman just relied on his brute strength and to me his character was never about that
I agree. I saw it the other day and I did not like how Batman kept "getting beat." I loved Micheal Caine and Samuel L JAckson. The creepiest part about joker was how he kept licking his lips, making slurping noises, and moving his greasy hair. Not only was he very disturbed, he was discusting...and I liked it.
Old 7/24/08, 09:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by codeman94
I agree. I saw it the other day and I did not like how Batman kept "getting beat." I loved Micheal Caine and Samuel L JAckson. The creepiest part about joker was how he kept licking his lips, making slurping noises, and moving his greasy hair. Not only was he very disturbed, he was discusting...and I liked it.
You mean Morgan Freeman?
Old 7/24/08, 09:51 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cody, I totally agree with you when it comes to the lip smacking and the noises Heath made. That was probably the biggest thing that stuck with me after the movie.
Old 8/4/08, 09:25 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
So I just saw DK this past saturday. God I wish I hadn't waited. Im sad that we wont see anymore of Ledger doing the joker
Old 8/4/08, 10:29 AM
Cobra Member

The only thing that bugs me about this movie was that in "Batman Begins", Batman had no problem "not saving" Ra Ah Ghul , so why didn't Batman let the Joker fall to his death? The Joker is a thousand times more evil and more of a threat to the world than Ra Ah Ghul.
Old 8/4/08, 03:14 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats why
Old 8/4/08, 09:18 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Finally got to see it. It's title is as appropriate as it can get.
Old 8/5/08, 04:53 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
LONG . . . . but a good movie.
Old 8/6/08, 07:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Everyone go see this movie again, I want it to top Titanic as the #1 box office all time. only $200,000,000 more to go!
Old 8/6/08, 09:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Morgan Freeman?
How is he doing after his vehicle roll over the news I seen on MSN said he will be ok ?
Old 8/6/08, 07:41 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by jmanpatsfan
You mean Morgan Freeman?
oh yeah....my bad....

Quick Reply: DARK KNIGHT