Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Dad Shoots Daughter's Laptop Over facebook Post

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/12 | 06:29 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
But it was only viewable by her friends. He said she tried to hide it and that's incorrect. She had her settings set to friends only, so that means only her friends could read it. Facebook has just become the outlet for kids today, just like her mother would have vented in her diary. If her mother had Facebook 25 years ago, she would've used it.
I don't think its fact THAT she wrote it was the main reason he was pissed. I think it was more that WHAT she wrote shows that she is a lazy, unappreciative, ***** with a sense of entitlement. And if it isn't nipped in the bud now, it'll be too late and we'll end up with another worthless slug sitting on her **** with her hand out for a freebie for the next 50 years.

Just another example of this generation's mindset that just because they were pushed out of a birth canal, they are automatically a winner and deserve everything everyone else has whether they do anything to earn it or not.
Old 2/10/12 | 06:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

I don't think its fact THAT she wrote it was the main reason he was pissed. I think it was more that WHAT she wrote shows that she is a lazy, unappreciative, ***** with a sense of entitlement. And if it isn't nipped in the bud now, it'll be too late and we'll end up with another worthless slug sitting on her **** with her hand out for a freebie for the next 50 years.

Just another example of this generation's mindset that just because they were pushed out of a birth canal, they are automatically a winner and deserve everything everyone else has whether they do anything to earn it or not.
Yeah, but what kid hasn't felt like that at one time or another? Kids don't understand the value of a dollar, so it's hard for them to appreciate what's given to them. There's always going to be those who fall and those who rise. You can beat a horse to death but you can't make it drink the water, it's going to have to want to. Does that make sense?
Old 2/10/12 | 06:51 PM
Post *****

My wife takes personal offense when my oldest complains about us on Facebook. It's her pet peeve.

I wouldn't know because Facebook sucks.
Old 2/10/12 | 09:46 PM
GTR Member

I think this was hilarious (:
Old 2/11/12 | 05:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Children (teenagers included) today are being influenced by too many people and things far beyond the parents scope of knowledge that enters their child's mind. If it's not TV, it's starts when they leave the house. If they have step-parents, it gets worse! Obviously, this girl got a wake-up call, twice at the cost of her freedom, her laptop, and her dignity, all to be prevented if she would have used better judgement in the very beginning!
Old 2/11/12 | 07:17 AM
Banned

Turns out that this is fake. lol
Old 2/11/12 | 07:35 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Turns out that this is fake. lol
Proof?
Old 2/11/12 | 09:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

he should have used a shotgun ... the bad choices some parents make
Old 2/11/12 | 09:18 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by Glenn
he should have used a shotgun ... the bad choices some parents make
+1
Old 2/13/12 | 09:43 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah, but what kid hasn't felt like that at one time or another? Kids don't understand the value of a dollar, so it's hard for them to appreciate what's given to them.
Agreed, I've been working on my nephew to open a savings account and put 10% of every dollar he gets in there. Granted he's only 13 and his earning potential is a bit low (well for the next two years at least) but I dont think its ever to early to start saving and investing in ones future.

Wish my folks would have done that for me.
Old 2/13/12 | 02:54 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by bob
Agreed, I've been working on my nephew to open a savings account and put 10% of every dollar he gets in there. Granted he's only 13 and his earning potential is a bit low (well for the next two years at least) but I dont think its ever to early to start saving and investing in ones future.

Wish my folks would have done that for me.
My older sisters and I joke about it now, but we had chores and an allowance growing up. The parents, being Depression era, were pro savings and anti debt. So when they'd give us the allowance, first thing Dad would say is 'what are you going to do with it?'. The correct answer was 'we know Dad, put it in our savings account'. lol
I still remember opening my first passbook savings account. All my dirt bikes and tools were paid by me. I rode them hard but took ultimate care of them whereas my rich friends would trash their stuff because it was just given to them.
I went on to have a keen interest in investments and finance, and am very disciplined to follow plan closely.
Having my career cut short, you have no idea how vital those lessons have been for me being able to continue my lifestyle.
Long live Depression era survival tactics!

Last edited by cdynaco; 2/13/12 at 02:56 PM.
Old 2/13/12 | 04:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Very funny video!!

I think he failed as a parent! He should shoot himself in the foot for failing...lol

Does he really think that by doing this video is going to change her...if anything, it will do the opposite!
Old 2/13/12 | 04:22 PM
INKY

Just a follow-up if you haven't seen it.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/youtube-dad-who-shot-daughters-laptop-gets-visit-a/nHbcR/?hpt=us_bn5