Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Car accident

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/13, 09:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by GT/CS Guy
Give me some time and I'll make an in-depth review...
I'd consider something like this if I didn't have power cables running throughout the cabin. Also, seems a bit obtrusive when placed over the RVM. I'd prefer something that sat on the dash or on the glass away from my usual FOV. A rechargeable battery would make me much more likely to buy something like this.
Old 5/2/13, 09:34 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger

LOL...never known obesity to be a reason for dinging other people's cars, unless they're parked too close and run their jean rivets along the car...

I don't mind going to walmart...at 3:30 AM. Most of the scum of the earth is absent from the store at that time. It doesn't hurt that the "security" on the lot that I visit is a huge mustang fan and patrols the lot on the night shift like an angry Rottweiler. Yes, I park right next to his car, with his on my passenger side. He parks his golf cart right behind the two Mustangs and stays there until I leave. I high-five the guy every time I come out. "Righteous Shelby, bro."
I meant they were distracted by eating. Not so much obese. My bad.

I've seen a fat guy take out another car because he was sucking on a big ole lollipop. His cheeks looked just like a chubby chipmunk getting ready for winter. No joke. I remember his face clear as a bell right before he crashed. I was on the opposite side in passing just seconds before.
Old 5/2/13, 11:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
I meant they were distracted by eating. Not so much obese. My bad.

I've seen a fat guy take out another car because he was sucking on a big ole lollipop. His cheeks looked just like a chubby chipmunk getting ready for winter. No joke. I remember his face clear as a bell right before he crashed. I was on the opposite side in passing just seconds before.
I honk my horn at more people eating, talking on cell phones, texting, putting on makeup, etc., every single day. It's as though they're completely oblivious they're at the wheel of a 2-3 ton, moving mass of steel and glass. Then they have the temerity to glare at you. ****ing idiots.
Old 5/3/13, 04:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Give me some time and I'll make an in-depth review...

Subscribed for more info, how long can it record?
Old 5/3/13, 07:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by lexi2013
Considering its your own person video tape you don't have to show the tape to them. I believe you don't have to put forth any evidence that incriminates yourself. Even if they searched your car after being pulled over for speeding a video tape has nothing to do with you speeding. Seeing as cop cars come with a dash can the likely hood of them not taping you to begin with is very low.
If they can demonstrate probable cause that your video camera recorded a violation (Such as it's running while you're being pulled over for a legitimate reason) then they can confiscate it and search your recordings without your consent.

It's a recording device. If they have reasonable suspicion/probable cause to believe it holds evidence then they can take it.
Old 5/3/13, 08:14 AM

I honk my horn at more people eating, talking on cell phones, texting, putting on makeup, etc., every single day. It's as though they're completely oblivious they're at the wheel of a 2-3 ton, moving mass of steel and glass. Then they have the temerity to glare at you. ****ing idiots.
Lol you just listed the three main causes for accidents today. (Even above alcohol, 1. Texting, 2. Eating, 3. Putting on make up.)

Considering the average speed. Driving and texting for 10 seconds is equal to driving the length of a football field with your eyes closed.
Old 5/3/13, 01:33 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Moustang
If they can demonstrate probable cause that your video camera recorded a violation (Such as it's running while you're being pulled over for a legitimate reason) then they can confiscate it and search your recordings without your consent.

It's a recording device. If they have reasonable suspicion/probable cause to believe it holds evidence then they can take it.
Not without a warrant.
Old 5/3/13, 03:06 PM
GT Member

Not without a warrant.
I agree. They can search for illegal things but a video tape isn't illegal at all. More so if it's your evidence you don't have to use it, but again they have dash cams so they have no need to even take your footage anyway.
Old 5/3/13, 03:13 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree. They can search for illegal things but a video tape isn't illegal at all. More so if it's your evidence you don't have to use it, but again they have dash cams so they have no need to even take your footage anyway.
If they see the camera, they could ask you if you were videoing and if you lie, you're breaking the law. Once you say, yes I was, Couldn't it now be confiscated as evidence?
Old 5/3/13, 03:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Driving and texting for 10 seconds is equal to driving the length of a football field with your eyes closed.
The sad part is, when you tell people that kind of thing, they're shocked. Sometimes, the idea of a self-driving car doesn't seem like such a bad thing after all, if we could put all the idiots on the road in them. Of course, as long as we make sure the self-driving cars stay in the righthand lane, even better.
Old 5/3/13, 03:21 PM
Banned

Lol you just listed the three main causes for accidents today. (Even above alcohol, 1. Texting, 2. Eating, 3. Putting on make up.)

Considering the average speed. Driving and texting for 10 seconds is equal to driving the length of a football field with your eyes closed.

The sad part is, when you tell people that kind of thing, they're shocked. Sometimes, the idea of a self-driving car doesn't seem like such a bad thing after all, if we could put all the idiots on the road in them. Of course, as long as we make sure the self-driving cars stay in the righthand lane, even better.
Ohhhh :crash:

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 5/3/13 at 03:23 PM.
Old 5/3/13, 05:56 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

If they see the camera, they could ask you if you were videoing and if you lie, you're breaking the law. Once you say, yes I was, Couldn't it now be confiscated as evidence?
I don't think so. That's like if protesters were video tapping and the cops showed up. Even if something bad happened at the protest the cops can't even touch your video camera, but if yor arrested they an take you to jail but nothing you have unless it too is illegal.
Old 5/3/13, 05:59 PM
Banned

I don't think so. That's like if protesters were video tapping and the cops showed up. Even if something bad happened at the protest the cops can't even touch your video camera, but if yor arrested they an take you to jail but nothing you have unless it too is illegal.
Old 5/3/13, 06:25 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Meh made sense in my mind, now you know why I'm not a cop or a lawyer.
Old 5/3/13, 07:24 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Meh made sense in my mind, now you know why I'm not a cop or a lawyer.
We're you driving and texting?!?
Old 5/3/13, 07:33 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak

We're you driving and texting?!?
Lol nope I never do that. Though I do eat and sometimes talk on the phone while driving. Always on speaker phone though. If I do eat I only use one hand without looking away from the road. I drive with one hand anyway.
Old 5/3/13, 08:50 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 627 Likes on 452 Posts
I drive with one hand anyway.
Me too.
Old 5/3/13, 08:54 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Me too.
I drive with no hands sometimes

I just let my **** steer
Old 5/3/13, 08:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

I drive with no hands sometimes

I just let my **** steer
:tommy:
Old 5/6/13, 11:57 AM

Saw this one today. I bet he was hit by someone eating.
Attached Thumbnails Car accident-image-701691524.jpg  

Quick Reply: Car accident