Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Car accident

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/13, 11:41 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Moustang
And if you are caught doing something wrong it can be confiscated, searched, and used as evidence against you.
Yes, but if I was involved in stuff like that, I would have it in the first place.
Old 5/2/13, 12:05 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Moustang

And if you are caught doing something wrong it can be confiscated, searched, and used as evidence against you.
Originally Posted by GT/CS Guy

Yes, but if I was involved in stuff like that, I would have it in the first place.
Considering its your own person video tape you don't have to show the tape to them. I believe you don't have to put forth any evidence that incriminates yourself. Even if they searched your car after being pulled over for speeding a video tape has nothing to do with you speeding. Seeing as cop cars come with a dash can the likely hood of them not taping you to begin with is very low.
Old 5/2/13, 12:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Got hit today too. Anybody know how much a rear bumper is?
Old 5/2/13, 12:22 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
Got hit today too. Anybody know how much a rear bumper is?
Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 5/2/13, 12:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah really sucks
Old 5/2/13, 12:38 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
Yeah really sucks
Sorry to hear that Josh

I think it will run anywhere from 3-500
Old 5/2/13, 12:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Sorry to hear that Josh

I think it will run anywhere from 3-500
That sucks. I'd guess around that range also. $300 (give or take) for the bumper itself plus paint.
Old 5/2/13, 01:03 PM
GT Member

Not always 100% of the time. I was backing out of a parking spot and another guy backed out after I had already stopped, had my foot on the brake, shifted into 1st gear...and the he backed into me. Fortunately I had a witness who verified that I had already stopped. State Farm took the other guy to court...and we won. Parking lots are more dangerous to car LOVERS than any race track!
Old 5/2/13, 01:09 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Music man in Pcola
Not always 100% of the time. I was backing out of a parking spot and another guy backed out after I had already stopped, had my foot on the brake, shifted into 1st gear...and the he backed into me. Fortunately I had a witness who verified that I had already stopped. State Farm took the other guy to court...and we won. Parking lots are more dangerous to car LOVERS than any race track!
you started your statement by saying "not always 100% of the time" and then go on to describe how the guy backing was found at fault.
Old 5/2/13, 01:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

A Ford Explore ran a red light 2 Christmas ago and took out our Porsche. Totalled the car. Apologized and said he didnt see me and he was late for work and sorry and I cant believe this happened, my wife got in anaccident last week also, sorry, sorry sorry.......................

But we get a letter from the insurance that now he is claiming we ran the red light!!

We were stopped at a red light, it turned green and we took off. The car next to us took off too and he was gone already. He took off quick and avoided beeing hit, but we were in no rush and thats why we were hit!!!

Name:  20111222_085636.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  130.4 KB

Name:  20111222_083241.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  182.7 KB
Old 5/2/13, 04:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by lexi2013
Considering its your own person video tape you don't have to show the tape to them. I believe you don't have to put forth any evidence that incriminates yourself. Even if they searched your car after being pulled over for speeding a video tape has nothing to do with you speeding. Seeing as cop cars come with a dash can the likely hood of them not taping you to begin with is very low.
Besides which, if you ARE stupid enough to do something with the car you shouldn't be and you don't turn the camera off/remove the storage device, then you deserve to have it used against you.

Just me, but having the cops confiscate it would be the very last thing on my mind with it.
Old 5/2/13, 04:26 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

you started your statement by saying "not always 100% of the time" and then go on to describe how the guy backing was found at fault.
I was backing out at a supermarket near the end of the aisle once and this little MG comes racing around the corner at about 25-30 and runs into me.

Her fault 100% of the time.
Old 5/2/13, 04:30 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
People suck. I've been boxed in between two cars, one of which is carelessly backing out and I had to literally lay on the horn, scream, shed tears, and pray that she (old woman) didn't hit me.

You have to be cautious navigating parking lots or making corners. Depending on the layout, there are directional "right of ways." You may be able to use this to your advantage with the insurance company.

Remember, people (not us) don't give a shlt about their cars or themselves. If it isn't avoiding the ****** that ding your doors on purpose... It's the carless idiots who don't look where they are going because they are too busy texting, eating, bltching at a husband, too fat, dense, or too old that are jacking our pristine cars.

This thread gets me riled up. One of the reasons I hate Wal Mart. I can't take the stress of going there. (See above for reasons why)
Old 5/2/13, 04:32 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

I was backing out at a supermarket near the end of the aisle once and this little MG comes racing around the corner at about 25-30 and runs into me.

Her fault 100% of the time.
That's debatable. 30 is dang fast in a parking lot. How was her speed determined? Did she slam on the breaks and leave skids? You were backing out onto a street? and is that where she was doing 25/30?

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 5/2/13 at 04:47 PM.
Old 5/2/13, 05:37 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

That's debatable. 30 is dang fast in a parking lot. How was her speed determined? Did she slam on the breaks and leave skids? You were backing out onto a street? and is that where she was doing 25/30?
Parking lot. She never attempted to brake. I say 25-30 because I was literally looking while backing up and she came from my short side and rammed me. She never saw me because she couldn't react fast enough to seeing me 90% out of the space. If I were walking I'd have been dead.
Old 5/2/13, 05:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK how about some details on the install.. It looks to come with a power port adapter. Have you hard wired it? Is it even possible. I have been screwed one too many times and would like to look into this...
Old 5/2/13, 07:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
If it isn't avoiding the ****** that ding your doors on purpose... It's the carless idiots who don't look where they are going because they are...too fat...

This thread gets me riled up. One of the reasons I hate Wal Mart. I can't take the stress of going there. (See above for reasons why)
LOL...never known obesity to be a reason for dinging other people's cars, unless they're parked too close and run their jean rivets along the car...

I don't mind going to walmart...at 3:30 AM. Most of the scum of the earth is absent from the store at that time. It doesn't hurt that the "security" on the lot that I visit is a huge mustang fan and patrols the lot on the night shift like an angry Rottweiler. Yes, I park right next to his car, with his on my passenger side. He parks his golf cart right behind the two Mustangs and stays there until I leave. I high-five the guy every time I come out. "Righteous Shelby, bro."

Last edited by kcoTiger; 5/2/13 at 07:12 PM.
Old 5/2/13, 07:13 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 627 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger

I don't mind going to walmart...at 3:30 AM. Most of the scum of the earth is absent from the store at that time.
Not here. That's when all the meth tweakers are out crawling the aisles geeking out on everything they come across and coming up with some idea of what they could use it for beside its intended purpose.
Old 5/2/13, 08:13 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,635 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Not here. That's when all the meth tweakers are out crawling the aisles geeking out on everything they come across and coming up with some idea of what they could use it for beside its intended purpose.
X2!!! That is when all the wack jobs are out and with their school aged children!!!
Old 5/2/13, 08:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by pebkac
OK how about some details on the install.. It looks to come with a power port adapter. Have you hard wired it? Is it even possible. I have been screwed one too many times and would like to look into this...
Give me some time and I'll make an in-depth review...

Quick Reply: Car accident