Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Car accident

Search this Thread

Old 4/30/13, 02:19 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car accident

Ok so I of in my first car accident today. I was going down a parking lot and this women didnt see me and hit the front fender of my car. She couldn't even turn out from one of the parking isles she basically rammed the front of my car. Now the husband said it seems to him that I hit his wife's car. WTF!!!!!!! That old B$&&$ admitted to not seeing me, and I was already infront of her before she even got to a turn. How do I know? I looked to the right and said "Oh ****". Plus there were no scrapes just a indent where she plowed into my car with the steel bumper of her truck. I'm so pissed off right now. Do any of you know what I can do if these f$&@'s won't admit to the accident being their fault. Even after offering to pay for my car to be fixed by "their guy". Then the moment I say it's going to cost more than 2k in damages to have my car fixed at a good shop near me they say it was my fault.
Old 4/30/13, 02:24 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by lexi2013
Ok so I of in my first car accident today. I was going down a parking lot and this women didnt see me and hit the front fender of my car. She couldn't even turn out from one of the parking isles she basically rammed the front of my car. Now the husband said it seems to him that I hit his wife's car. WTF!!!!!!! That old B$&&$ admitted to not seeing me, and I was already infront of her before she even got to a turn. How do I know? I looked to the right and said "Oh ****". Plus there were no scrapes just a indent where she plowed into my car with the steel bumper of her truck. I'm so pissed off right now. Do any of you know what I can do if these f$&@'s won't admit to the accident being their fault. Even after offering to pay for my car to be fixed by "their guy". Then the moment I say it's going to cost more than 2k in damages to have my car fixed at a good shop near me they say it was my fault.
The person backing is at fault 100% of the time. Any pics, Lex?
Old 4/30/13, 02:32 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

They didnt back into me. I was going down the road going straight. They came down one of the parking isle and hit me. As for pictures I don't have any on my phone ill have to upload some later when I can get to a pc. I don't get some people I really don't. She even told te cop she didnt see me yet frikin rammed my car. -_- I'm not having a very good day today. The fender is ruined, hoods not aligned right, the headlight broke in two, and the bumper is indented. -_-
Old 4/30/13, 02:38 PM
Banned

They didnt back into me. I was going down the road going straight. They came down one of the parking isle and hit me. As for pictures I don't have any on my phone ill have to upload some later when I can get to a pc. I don't get some people I really don't. She even told te cop she didnt see me yet frikin rammed my car. -_- I'm not having a very good day today. The fender is ruined, hoods not aligned right, the headlight broke in two, and the bumper is indented. -_-
Oh, I'm trying to picture this in my head. Did they come out of a parking spot or were they just driving down the isle?
Old 4/30/13, 02:43 PM
GT Member

Oh, I'm trying to picture this in my head. Did they come out of a parking spot or were they just driving down the isle?
Driving down the Isle to make a turn right into me.
Old 4/30/13, 02:44 PM
Banned

Driving down the Isle to make a turn right into me.
That's whack
Old 4/30/13, 02:58 PM
GT Member

That's whack
Yup, even told the cop she didnt see me. I just hate when people can't own up to their mistakes. Phew now I feel better I had my rant.
Old 4/30/13, 07:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
So there was a cop involved? So did you get a report? And please tell me their insurance information is known to you, and you're filing a claim.

/If you don't, they will. It always happens. Remember, kids, get a cop report and file the claim. It's CYA law.
Old 4/30/13, 08:16 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by houtex
So there was a cop involved? So did you get a report? And please tell me their insurance information is known to you, and you're filing a claim.

/If you don't, they will. It always happens. Remember, kids, get a cop report and file the claim. It's CYA law.
Yes I did get a cop on scene to get a cop report and filed a claim today as well.
Old 4/30/13, 08:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes I did get a cop on scene to get a cop report and filed a claim today as well.
Then your good! Still sucks as an inconvenience but you should be okay as far as it being her fault
Old 4/30/13, 08:53 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13

Then your good! Still sucks as an inconvenience but you should be okay as far as it being her fault
Yeah I'm feelin better about it. Even asked the body shop if I paid the difference in the price of a new bumper if they would put a roush bumper on my car.

Last edited by lexi2013; 4/30/13 at 09:02 PM.
Old 4/30/13, 09:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I'm feelin better about it. Even asked the body shop if I paid the difference in the price of a new bumper if they would put a roush bumper on my car.
There you go! Hopefully you will get some good news back from them and come out ahead!
Old 5/1/13, 09:37 AM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
That's the spirit! I was involved in a hit and run and someone messed up my rear bumper, so I'm just gonna take that opportunity to get a GT500 rear put on. Just think of it as a sign that it's time to upgrade.
Old 5/1/13, 10:03 AM
GT Member

This is why I have one of these and it's ALWAYS recording. Then there's no question...

http://www.amazon.com/HZZ-2-7-inch-Security-Recorder-Camcorder/dp/B00A1YB1VM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1367424251&sr=1-1&keywords=HZZ+TM+2.7-inch+HD+Car+LED+Security+Vehicle+DVR+Road+Dash+Video+Camera+Recorder+Accident+Camcorder http://www.amazon.com/HZZ-2-7-inch-Security-Recorder-Camcorder/dp/B00A1YB1VM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1367424251&sr=1-1&keywords=HZZ+TM+2.7-inch+HD+Car+LED+Security+Vehicle+DVR+Road+Dash+Video+Camera+Recorder+Accident+Camcorder

...and here's the quality...

Last edited by GT/CS Guy; 5/1/13 at 10:06 AM.
Old 5/1/13, 12:49 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GT/CS Guy
This is why I have one of these and it's ALWAYS recording. Then there's no question...

Video Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A1YB1VM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUblhP-COAU
The music in the video is.... Hhhmmmm but a very good suggestion! Wonder what bumper I should get though.
Old 5/1/13, 12:54 PM
Banned

Video Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A1YB1VM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUblhP-COAU
1. The sync mic is in the factory mirror, so what about that? Never mind I see the pic. How big is this thing?? Can you post a photo?

2. Did you seriously buy this for the possibility that you might get into an accident???

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 5/1/13 at 01:06 PM.
Old 5/1/13, 01:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Uh no..... I was backed into once and the lady that backed into me said she didn't see me. But the officer marked it as a no fault accident with 50/50 responsibility. I was beyond pissed lol....
Old 5/1/13, 01:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tom281

Uh no..... I was backed into once and the lady that backed into me said she didn't see me. But the officer marked it as a no fault accident with 50/50 responsibility. I was beyond pissed lol....
You got screwed. I would have sued her and let a judge decide.

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 5/1/13 at 01:24 PM.
Old 5/1/13, 01:27 PM
GT Member

1. The sync mic is in the factory mirror, so what about that? Never mind I see the pic. How big is this thing?? Can you post a photo?

2. Did you seriously buy this for the possibility that you might get into an accident???
1. It's the same size as the mirror only long enough for the camera to peek off the edge a bit.

2. Yes and no. Our local club does cruises from time to time and I like to record them from my perspective. It's also not a bad idea to have it in case ANYTHING happens, not just to me. If a car gets t-boned in front of me, I can provide the video for insurance purposes, etc. Also, if I get pulled over and the cop id being a Richard/giving me a hard time, it's all being recorded for court purposes.

Last edited by GT/CS Guy; 5/1/13 at 01:28 PM.
Old 5/2/13, 07:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
1. It's the same size as the mirror only long enough for the camera to peek off the edge a bit.

2. Yes and no. Our local club does cruises from time to time and I like to record them from my perspective. It's also not a bad idea to have it in case ANYTHING happens, not just to me. If a car gets t-boned in front of me, I can provide the video for insurance purposes, etc. Also, if I get pulled over and the cop id being a Richard/giving me a hard time, it's all being recorded for court purposes.

And if you are caught doing something wrong it can be confiscated, searched, and used as evidence against you.

Quick Reply: Car accident