Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

C&L CAI and my Xcal 2 STOLEN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 8/31/06, 01:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From everyone elses experience, sounds like things will work out in the end. The extra wait will suck, but that will just make things even better when it shows up.....again. Good luck.

(UPS better not just leave my AEM wideband on my porch!)
Old 8/31/06, 01:46 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
UPS leaves a lot of expensive stuff on my porch...ah, I mean....they don't I guess it is time for me to call them about what happens if something is stolen. The way I look at it, you didn't sign for it, you are not responsible.
Old 8/31/06, 02:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That bites. UPS is a wacky company. They used to be a customer of mine but because we had numerous accidents where Fed Ex would deliver packages (a total no no) to them, they threw me out.

Meanwhile, their drivers are leaving stuff all over the country hoping nothing goes wrong. When I have something of significant value coming, I either take the day off or work from home so that nothing gets left on the porch. I don't live in a high crime area, but still it's very risky.
Old 8/31/06, 02:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a driver sign off that the customer(me) requested a different delivery day, just because he didn't feel like delivering it that day. I called and raised heck, I got the run around and asked for a manager. They finally figured out that the driver initiated the whole thing and called me back and apologized. But it took getting very firm with them. Its not unusual for the Drivers to sign for stuff and drop it, yes even when you request a Signature.
Old 8/31/06, 04:54 PM
GTR Member

call [police ASAP and file a report.then insurance co
I heard you mention the area you lived in before as not being an honest community. is this northern or southern CAL? Is it the getto or something?/ .I will avoid that area if I ever go to Cali. Sorry about you misfortune
Old 8/31/06, 06:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
That REALLY sucks. Sorry to hear that. It is major BS that UPS can do that. I usually have everything sent to my work because the UPS driver MUST get it signed for and someone is always there. He never leaves anything. The few times I had no choice and things were sent to my house I've had problems, ususally with FedEx. They were real a&*%#% about getting a signature and told me only the shipper can request it be left without one. I could not make them understand that the shipper doesn't care, they've already been paid and it's MY stuff. I have told them I can't be home to sign for it because I have a job and have to work for a living! DUH! I hope everything works out for you. Doug is a great guy and I'm sure he'll do everything he can for you. Do not stop hounding UPS. Let them know you've filed a police report and ask for the driver's information also.
Old 8/31/06, 07:09 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Yeah, FedEx and UPS seem to just ring the doorbell and run at my house.
I can live with it because I have 4 adults on 4 different shifts living in my house, so somebody is always there. (When the heck do kids move out these days?)
Old 9/1/06, 12:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltzman
call [police ASAP and file a report.then insurance co
I heard you mention the area you lived in before as not being an honest community. is this northern or southern CAL? Is it the getto or something?/ .I will avoid that area if I ever go to Cali. Sorry about you misfortune
Thanks Boltzman... I appreciate it.

I'm in SoCal near the city of Riverside. It's a brand new community - total suburbia action. Problem is, it's a bedroom community and most people are out working, and the soccer moms are at the park. It's a good area (I suppose) for the larcenous-minded to troll around and do bad things because no one is home.

I'm ****ed at UPS because they should not be leaving nearly $1k worth of stuff unattended for all to steal. Why not just post a sign? "Welcome thieves, come one, come all!"

I spoke with Doug on the phone, he is sympathetic, so we will see what develops.
Old 9/1/06, 08:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
Talking Update:

UPDATE:

I got home from work today - and the box was sitting on my porch. C&L and X2 are present and accounted for.

It's a mystery to me how UPS tracking website and their telephone drones ALL told me (and still say) that the box was delivered TWO DAYS AGO, but yet it mysteriously turns up NOW?

UPS =

Well, I'm not going to be ungrateful - I'm going to go install my CAI! All's well that ends well I guess.

Thanks to all of you that supported me through this, and props to Doug from Bamachips for being a stand-up guy!
Old 9/2/06, 07:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They could have mistakenly delivered it to the wrong address, and that person could have dropped it off at your house.

I live on 102nd street, and the street right down from mine is 104th. Coincidentally, 104th street has a house with the same house number as mine. So every once in a while, some mail will mistakenly go to me that should go to them, and vice versa.

I once ordered some tires for my cougar, and they got delivered to the other house by mistake! I went driving, to investigate, and driving past the other house, I saw the tires stacked in their driveway. I rang the bell, told them the tires were mine, and took them. Luckilly, it's people I know, as I was friends with their son when we were little.
Old 9/2/06, 08:20 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by mrkabc
UPDATE:

I got home from work today - and the box was sitting on my porch. C&L and X2 are present and accounted for.

It's a mystery to me how UPS tracking website and their telephone drones ALL told me (and still say) that the box was delivered TWO DAYS AGO, but yet it mysteriously turns up NOW?

UPS =

Well, I'm not going to be ungrateful - I'm going to go install my CAI! All's well that ends well I guess.

Thanks to all of you that supported me through this, and props to Doug from Bamachips for being a stand-up guy!
The last thing I had delivered showed in tracking as on truck for delivery, then 10 minutes later back in the warehouse. Then it showed up as delivered (without going back on the truck). I called #2 son from work and he said," He just rang the bell and ran. I went to the door as quick as I could but he was already back in the truck. I brought it right in".
If the boys (men) ever move out I think it will be easier and safer to just pick stuff up at the UPS building.
Old 9/2/06, 08:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

The guys around here are pretty good about it, never had them leave anything on the porch.
Old 9/7/06, 12:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by mrkabc
Well, so much for my Bamachips tunes, Xcal2, and C&L CAI.

UPS website tracker informed me that my package was delivered today and was left on my porch.

I get home from work, make a beeline for the porch, and guess what: It's EMPTY. NO boxes. NO ANYTHING.

I AM SO FREAKING ****ED I CAN'T SEE STRAIGHT.

I called UPS in the event that the package was delivered to another house by mistake - no go. The driver insists that he delivered the package to my house. I made them check three times. The rude UPS wench on the phone bluntly told me that it must have been stolen and that since THEY had "delivered" it (still am not convinced of THAT) they aren't responsible for anything.

I'm going to try tomorrow to file a claim on their "1-800-PICK UPS" number but I'm not hopeful of success.

Homeowners insurance doesn't cover "automobile accessories" so there is no point in filing a claim.

I'm going to file a police report - fat lot of good THAT will do.

I AM SO FREAKING ****ED I CAN'T SEE STRAIGHT!!!!! G**D**** IT!!!!

A word to the wise: NEVER have UPS just leave your stuff on the porch. My Bamachips goodies are probably on eBay at this very moment.

SON OF A !!!!
I did not read all the rest but if it was left on your porch and you never recieved it ? I see it as still you paid and no get so they should be on the hook for it that's why they'd have insurance right, still sucks Big Time as I'm beggining to wonder about all the things I ordered from the TMS Store ????? Oh & UPS did not have you sign or at least Pay them doers'nt figure at all.
Old 9/7/06, 03:17 PM
GTR Member

stuff dropped off on my porch all the time w/ no prob. Including Roush fascia,4 new rims,spoiler,grill and a whole bunch more. My neighbors are pretty observant and I live on a Cul de Sac