Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Apple's iPhone

Search this Thread

Old 1/10/07, 09:01 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Victoria Colwood Langford
Ahhh...the Rock...the Velvet Hole...the Land That Time Forgot...city of the Newlyweds and Nearly Deads.

I remember it well. Dead at 35, buried at 80.

Old 1/10/07, 09:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm 43 & on my 2nd New Stang in Two years (chopped Liver) this on the Ferry was the last snow Nov 27 I could have slipped and went swimming lol
Attached Thumbnails Apple's iPhone-novv271106-snow-014.jpg  
Old 1/10/07, 09:59 PM
Closet American

That doesn't look like the Spirit Class - looks like the rusted out old Whacky Bennett garbage scow.

Old 1/10/07, 10:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

SOBC i work on most vessles 5 days a week I know them as well an the engineer's which they are short of carfulll that truck just may slip in the drink
Old 1/10/07, 10:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

This will never happen again, The cones attact too much never mind the direction ?
Attached Thumbnails Apple's iPhone-how-not-park-019.jpg   Apple's iPhone-how-not-park-020.jpg  
Old 1/10/07, 11:35 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
This will never happen again, The cones attact too much never mind the direction ?
Is that the Captain sitting on the bridge?

And how did you manage to park your car against traffic?
Old 1/11/07, 06:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those pics remind me of the days back when I used to ferry to France and back every other weekend.
Cheap beer. When wine is cheaper than milk you know you have a problem (and a dilema).
Old 1/11/07, 07:03 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by tricky02GT
When wine is cheaper than milk you know you have a problem.
Alcoholism...?

Old 1/11/07, 10:29 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
Cingular (the name) is going away before the end of 2007. It will be rolled into AT&T Wireless.
I didn't know that. Still glad I'm with Verizon.
Old 1/11/07, 10:42 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...dkqos&refer=us
Old 1/11/07, 11:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
You beat me to it! I was just about to post this story.
Old 1/11/07, 06:41 PM
Closet American

Clash of the Titans.

At the end of the day, money will likely change hands and Apple will walk away with the iPhone name intact.
Old 1/11/07, 09:20 PM
GT Member

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YgW7or1TuFk

Thats a good video CBS posted on YouTube about the phone. Shows off a lot of how the interface works in a few minutes, instead of having to look through the 2 hour keynote.
Old 1/11/07, 09:32 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by drakino
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YgW7or1TuFk

Thats a good video CBS posted on YouTube about the phone. Shows off a lot of how the interface works in a few minutes, instead of having to look through the 2 hour keynote.
Very cool. Better presentation than within the keynote, too, without all the useless blubber in between.

Interesting how the stock for companies that produce other devices like the Blackberry took a nosedive yesterday.
Old 1/11/07, 09:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
Is that the Captain sitting on the bridge?

And how did you manage to park your car against traffic?
Not the Captain but rather Bobby the Dole bannana from Thrifty's , I did a thing when Bobby was Captain for a day, the car well I had to take it to do some work and left it right there until I was finished. but I removed the cones as some would well just want to scratch or something with all that attention. BTW If ANYBODY is ever on a Ferry & you lock your Mustang do it THIS way, Trust me, when you get out lock the drivers door with the key & not the FOB, why well then the motion sensor will not trip the alarm, the inside is still set so if windo or door is open it goe's off. But if you use the FOB it will go off constantly, I have seen a new 05 GT Vert get the top cut and at least 4 other units get key'd because people trying to sleep or what ever in their cars get really anally mad and do such a thing !
Old 1/12/07, 02:33 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Q`res
...and it does not support Microsoft Exchange. The latter makes it pretty much a no-go for business environments.
Jobs says the iPhone does, indeed, suppport Exchange - he pointed directly to IMAP support.
Old 1/12/07, 10:48 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
Jobs says the iPhone does, indeed, suppport Exchange - he pointed directly to IMAP support.
It should also support the calendar and address book off Exchange too. OS X with Mail, iCal, and Address Book have worked pretty seamlessly with Exchange for 3-4 years now. They have the code, they just have to port it over to the phone. I used the OS X apps at my last job with no issues on the Exchange system they had.
Old 1/12/07, 09:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Here something to think about ?
Please read - this goes for your BB too
10 Cell Phone Radiation Protection Tips

"The voluntary exposure of the brain to microwaves from hand-held mobile phones... [is] the largest human biological experiment ever."
~ Professor Leif Salford, Head of Research at Lund University, Sweden
There are now estimated to be 208 million cell phone users in the U.S. alone, 1.9 billion worldwide. Scientists fear we may be on the verge of a health crisis of epidemic proportions. Dr. George Carlo, former chief scientist of the cell phone industry's $28 million safety research project, predicts 500,000 new cases of brain and eye cancer each year by 2010 attributable to cell phone use (there are currently 30-50,000 cases each year).
Studies have linked cell phone radiation to health problems such as headaches, high blood pressure, brain tumours, cancer, Alzheimer's, and more. There is a latency period for most diseases and it may take years and more studies before the required weight of evidence is established. But the effects are cumulative and precautions should be taken now before it is too late.
Here are some steps you can take to minimize the effects of cell phone radiation exposure:
1. Limit use to essential calls and keep calls short. Even a two-minute call has been found to alter the natural electrical activity of the brain for up to an hour afterwards.
2. Children should be allowed to use the cell phone in cases of emergency only. Because of their developing skulls, the radiation can penetrate much more deeply.
3. Wear an airtube headset (not regular wired headset). The regular wired headset has been found to intensify radiation into the ear canal. The wire transmits not only the radiation from the cell phone but also serves as an antenna attracting EMFs (electromagnetic fields) from the surroundings
4. Don't put the cell phone in your pocket or belt while in use or while it is on. The body tissue in the lower body area has good conductivity and absorbs radiation more quickly than the head. One study shows that men who wear cell phones near their groin could have their sperm count dropped by as much as 30 percent.
5. If using the phone without a headset, wait for the call to connect before placing the phone next to the ear.
6. Do not use the cell phone in enclosed metal spaces such as vehicles or elevators, where devices may use more power to establish connection. The metal enclosure also acts as a Faraday cage that traps the radiation and reflects it back onto the occupants.
7. Do not make a call when the signal strength is one bar or less, which means the phone must work harder to establish a connection.
8. Purchase a phone with a low SAR (Specific Absorption Rate). Most phones have a SAR level listed in its instruction manual. The SAR level is a way of measuring the quantity of radiofrequency (RF) energy that is absorbed by the body. The lower the number the better. (Be aware, however, that studies with RF hundreds of times lower than current SAR limits still show biological effects.)
9. Use a scientifically validated EMF protection device. There are advanced technologies available nowadays that strengthen your bioenergy field and immune system against the effects of EMF. The EMF radiation causes a problem only when the cumulative effects due to repeated exposure weaken the body's ability to repair itself. Even when you don't use the cell phone, 'second-hand' radiation and EMFs from other devices can also cause biological stress, so these types of devices are increasingly becoming essential.
10. Take nutritional supplements, particularly anti-oxidants SOD, catalase, glutathione, and Coq10. Microwave radiation has been shown to decrease levels of these anti-oxidants in the body. These are substances the body produces to protect itself, and their levels are sensitive indicators in stress, aging, infections and various other disease states. Other supplements you may need are:
- Melatonin: a powerful anti-oxidant noted to prevent DNA breaks in brain cells. Also effective in preventing kidney damage from cell phones;
- Zinc: protects the eye from oxidative damage and helps preserve the levels of anti-oxidants in the blood;
- Gingko Biloba: an herb considered a powerful anti-oxidant which prevents oxidative damage in the brain, eye and kidney. Also helps support the production of SOD, catalase and glutathione;
- Bilberry extract: preserves vision and reduces oxidative damage to the eyes.

This list is not exhaustive but represents different layers of intervention you can do right away to protect yourself and your family. Cell phone radiation (and wireless radiation in general) poses an extreme public health risk that may take years to become fully realized. Some experts go on to say that if estimates are correct, then we are on the verge of a health crisis that could cripple our current health infrastructure. Let's not wait and find out if this proves true.
Old 1/13/07, 10:51 AM
Cobra Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah...Ed, you should know that everything can kill you.
Old 1/13/07, 05:21 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by freebass55
Yeah, yeah, yeah...Ed, you should know that everything can kill you.
Ed's probably lying on the couch with his laptop, a bag of Cheetos in one hand and a beer in the other.

Quick Reply: Apple's iPhone