Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Anyone here had Bell's Palsy?

Search this Thread

Old 1/31/10, 10:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone here had Bell's Palsy?

I have developed some early symptoms of this rare disorder. I am waiting for some lab work to confirm, seems rare and I am really not sure how to take this so early on in the year here.

I seem to feel normal, speech is okay for the most part, just facial and no eyebrow movement is early stage.
Old 1/31/10, 10:54 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ShowGT
I have developed some early symptoms of this rare disorder. I am waiting for some lab work to confirm, seems rare and I am really not sure how to take this so early on in the year here.

I seem to feel normal, speech is okay for the most part, just facial and no eyebrow movement is early stage.
Check out this link>

A co-worker had it and eventually it went away over a short period of time. Hopefully it goes away as fast as it came, good luck.
Old 1/31/10, 11:10 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JedCranium
Check out this link>

A co-worker had it and eventually it went away over a short period of time. Hopefully it goes away as fast as it came, good luck.
My father-in-law had it too. Thought it was a stroke at first. But his face and speech were mildly affected only for a short time. He had lingering difficulty with a leg but he had previous spinal injuries so that may have added a complication.
You'll probably be fine. God bless...
Old 2/1/10, 02:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Eating certain fruits like cherries and blueberries that are loaded with natural anti-inflamatorys will help as well!
Old 2/1/10, 03:45 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by red pony
Eating certain fruits like cherries and blueberries that are loaded with natural anti-inflamatorys will help as well!
I'm aware that these are anti-oxidants & fight free radicals, but I am unfamiliar with them being anti-inflammatory... and how does that help neurologically? explain...
Old 2/1/10, 04:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thanks guys, I was told by my medical team this afternoon I am infact sowing signs of this and they actually said I am showing signs of improvement from when I was seen less than 72 hours ago.

Thanks, I will look into the fruits and all, Brandon
Old 2/1/10, 09:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
I'm aware that these are anti-oxidants & fight free radicals, but I am unfamiliar with them being anti-inflammatory... and how does that help neurologically? explain...
Inflamation of nerves and possible swelling around the affected nerves could cause a bad situation become worse. They use steroids to treat it which act as anti-inflamatorys. It's a natural approach. An additional B complex vitamin is also a good idea along with vitamin C. The herb "horsetail" is good for a thorough repair as well!
Old 2/2/10, 06:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

My daughter had it when she was 7. A side effect from Lyme disease....from a tick bite. She had partial paralysis on one side of her face. Symptoms lasted eight weeks and then she was back to normal....thank God. Hope you feel better real quick.
Old 2/6/10, 12:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Update here, been about 8 days or so since this all started. I have been given a treatment plan and things are beginning to settle down, my eye has begun to go down as far as the swelling and the left side of my face as well has began to go down. I still slight tingle and all in the lip and tongue, but eating sucks for sure.

Thanks for all the replies, just another path in life for a book I will write someday. I am actually considering a new GT this year, seeing where my job and future promotion will take me with income and all.

Have a great weekend!
Old 2/6/10, 06:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
I have cerebral palsy. But, that is different than what you guys have been talking about of course.