Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Another ticket

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/12, 12:40 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Who can drive 55? The entire drive. Seriously.
It's still 55 up there?
Old 5/20/12, 12:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

It's still 55 up there?
70 on i55, 45 where I was and I topped out at maybe 47mph
Old 5/20/12, 01:04 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
its all fun till you get the big ticket.
Old 5/20/12, 01:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
its all fun till you get the big ticket.
That's what the silly little idiot in the tiburon is thinking
Old 5/20/12, 01:08 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
4 point tickets are small fries
Old 5/20/12, 01:09 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
It's still 55 up there?
Yes its still 55 - only short portions of I5 have 65. On 2 lanes (most all of the roads in OR) it is still 55 - though technically the 'basic rule' - conditions, traffic - so they usually let you get away with 65. But as an OSP told me, that is entirely up to that individual officers discretion.

What is maddening is E OR is all desert - nothing but flat for miles - still posted 55. Even between here and Bend the 3 hrs is flat and straight - still posted 55 - with plenty of hungry OSP's hunting revenue.

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/20/12 at 02:23 AM.
Old 5/20/12, 01:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
4 point tickets are small fries
No points, it's a squalling tires charge. It doesn't rank as a careless and imprudent
Old 5/20/12, 10:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just learn to talk your way out of any thing lol

Been pulled over 11 times in the last year and 8 months.

1 minor speeding ticket cause of speed trap I didn't see

The rest I got off the hook for and most of them were for even worse
Old 5/20/12, 01:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Well I did talk my way out of a points ticket lol
Old 5/22/12, 05:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try that in Colorado. It's called Exhibition of Acceleration and worth 12 points, with fine 'to be determined'. Speed is irrelevant. The fact that you were next to another vehicle would probably get you at least $1000.

I've often wondered why breaking these laws is so much more acceptable than breaking any others. Because they don't 'hurt' anyone? Not until you mess up anyway. Maybe it's because I attained senior status, or watch people decide if they can break these they can break others, or maybe it's because I've lost a few good friends because they or someone else thought this stuff was cool on public streets.

Not trying to preach, but try this. I just spent $2000 on a nice rifle, and I'm a very good shot. So how about I set up a target a foot or so away from your head and do some target practice. In your living room. And for those that are wondering, I make 552 at the wheels and I can maintain the speed limit.

If you don't like they way the laws are written, get into politics and try to change them.

Soapbox is put away.
Old 5/22/12, 08:27 AM
Bullitt Member

I never went over 45 in a 40 douchbag
Old 5/22/12, 10:26 AM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by Dread53
Try that in Colorado. It's called Exhibition of Acceleration and worth 12 points, with fine 'to be determined'. Speed is irrelevant. The fact that you were next to another vehicle would probably get you at least $1000.

I've often wondered why breaking these laws is so much more acceptable than breaking any others. Because they don't 'hurt' anyone? Not until you mess up anyway. Maybe it's because I attained senior status, or watch people decide if they can break these they can break others, or maybe it's because I've lost a few good friends because they or someone else thought this stuff was cool on public streets.

Not trying to preach, but try this. I just spent $2000 on a nice rifle, and I'm a very good shot. So how about I set up a target a foot or so away from your head and do some target practice. In your living room. And for those that are wondering, I make 552 at the wheels and I can maintain the speed limit.

If you don't like they way the laws are written, get into politics and try to change them.

Soapbox is put away.
Old 5/22/12, 11:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Did you not notice that I didn't get a speeding ticket just a squalling tires ticket? I never broke 45 and I smoked my tires, uptight idiots
Old 5/22/12, 11:40 AM
Bullitt Member

And how about you take your rifle and shove it up your ***
Old 5/22/12, 11:44 AM
Post *****

I've often wondered why breaking these laws is so much more acceptable than breaking any others.
Because more often than not they are overkill - add on fines from DMV "rules" (by Administrative Agency dictators outside the reach of the voter - not laws from the legislature) desgined to run up the revenue.

Your analogy of a rifle next to another human being's head is whacko. Get back on your meds.

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/22/12 at 11:47 AM.
Old 5/22/12, 11:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

Because more often than not they are overkill - add on fines from DMV "rules" (by Administrative Agency dictators outside the reach of the voter - not laws from the legislature) desgined to run up the revenue.

Your analogy of a rifle next to another human being's head is whacko. Get back on your meds.

+1000000000
Old 5/22/12, 06:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meds taken. Did you forget to read the part that doesn't matter if you ever move the car, spinning the tires is still worth 12 points?

Getting dead is getting dead, whether you get shot or do something stupid in a car. That response was pretty much directed towards the 'I built my car so I could go FAST' comment, which is just as stupid. But it is still mostly a free country, and you can do whatever you feel you can get away with. Just try not to whine about it when you get caught. Or ***** that the cops are ****heads because they caught you.
Old 5/22/12, 06:10 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Meds taken. Did you forget to read the part that doesn't matter if you ever move the car, spinning the tires is still worth 12 points?

Getting dead is getting dead, whether you get shot or do something stupid in a car. That response was pretty much directed towards the 'I built my car so I could go FAST' comment, which is just as stupid. But it is still mostly a free country, and you can do whatever you feel you can get away with. Just try not to whine about it when you get caught. Or ***** that the cops are ****heads because they caught you.
What is with this wacky point system? We don't have 12 point violations here? How many points can you get before you get a suspension?
Old 5/22/12, 06:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I did buy my car to make it go fast, in another year or so it will just be a track car. How is that stupid? I didn't just buy my Cobra because it's pretty and might get a girl to talk to me, I love that it looks good but I bought it for performance. I didn't go through a midlife crisis and want a pretty head turner, I bought it with the intention of making it the fastest I could make it. Yes I did play around and get a ticket but I'll live with that and pay the fine since in my town it's a non-moving violation.
And I never said the cops were ****heads or anything, I respect what they were doing, he was doing his job. I had a moment of weakness and now I have to pay $75 fine.
And towards the getting shot comment, that's not just stupid it makes me think you are a retarded gun nut. But as you said its a free country for me to do stupid speeding and for you to be a stupid gun freak.
Old 5/22/12, 06:57 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by McNassty
I did buy my car to make it go fast, in another year or so it will just be a track car. How is that stupid? I didn't just buy my Cobra because it's pretty and might get a girl to talk to me, I love that it looks good but I bought it for performance. I didn't go through a midlife crisis and want a pretty head turner, I bought it with the intention of making it the fastest I could make it. Yes I did play around and get a ticket but I'll live with that and pay the fine since in my town it's a non-moving violation.
And I never said the cops were ****heads or anything, I respect what they were doing, he was doing his job. I had a moment of weakness and now I have to pay $75 fine.
And towards the getting shot comment, that's not just stupid it makes me think you are a retarded gun nut. But as you said its a free country for me to do stupid speeding and for you to be a stupid gun freak.
And now guns are stupid? Name calling? Seriously? As if bringing a burnout story to the forum isn't enough, adding all this on top of it really shows your lack of maturity. For a guy who's a little older than me, you sure sound like you've got a lot of growing up to do.
The gun comment was an analogy. In a car you're in control of something that can be deadly (like a gun), and while you may think you're in control, you have a duty and owe a respect to those around you to not do anything stupid.

OK, now go ahead and call me names, lob some insults, and let everyone know what a tough guy you are...

Last edited by 05GT-O.C.D.; 5/22/12 at 06:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Another ticket