General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

What's coming from the competition? Camaro/Barracuda/Challenger refresh??

Old 1/28/14, 06:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
What's coming from the competition? Camaro/Barracuda/Challenger refresh??

Based on the big leaps we have seen from the already class-leading Mustang, it's exciting to think about what competition might be coming down the road!

Is anyone keeping an eye out before making the plunge? It sounds like '15 Mustangs won't be available until late in the year...so we have some time to think about this one.

The next Camaro will be based on the superb Caddy ATS platform, will almost certainly be smaller/lighter than the current model, may receive a version of the sparkling new LT-1 based engine.

Barracuda rumors are all over the place. Most tend to say that it will be an all new, small RWD platform shared with Alfa(?), will very likely pack Hemi power...may be positioned as a higher end SRT model.

Challenger looks to be carrying on for a couple more model years...but the big news will happen on the high end with the mountain moving supercharged 6.2L Hellcat motor that is supposedly going to be announced any day now.

I'm a Mopar guy at heart but I'll always aknowledge which car is the best...and with the outgoing generation, the Mustang GT was the winner by a long shot. Next time...who knows?
Old 1/28/14, 06:40 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Moving to 'General Vehicle Discussion' section, but will leave a link for a few hours . . .
Old 1/28/14, 09:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll be in the market later this year/early next & I'll definitely be looking at all three
Old 1/29/14, 08:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely interested in seeing what they come up with. I'll be looking at buying something in this segment around this time in 2016. With the 2015 Mustang not moving me the way I had hoped it would, I'll be keeping an eye on the competition. If they don't wow me either, it'll probably be a 2017 SE Mustang.

By around summer we might start seeing the 15 Stang in the real world. Then we'll slowly start getting info and peeks at the next Camaro. Throw the next Challenger in and it's an exciting time, for sure!
Old 2/2/14, 07:09 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Last interview I saw they said the barracuda isn't coming back just yet. We will see a smaller challenger first.