General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Wanting to order a Jeep - advice?

Search this Thread

Old 6/21/14, 11:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Wanting to order a Jeep - advice?

I'm in Alberta and am looking to get a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

The one with the options I want I can't find, so I am considering ordering one. I have some questions to you guys, tokugh:

1 - is the sticker price negotiable with a factory order?

2 - is a deposit required, and if so how much should it be?

3 - can the order be cancelled, and if so, are they obligated to give the deposit back?

Cheers
Old 6/22/14, 09:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
http://www.jeep.com/en/2014/cherokee...eep-cherry-red
they look pretty cool but out of proportion on the front end. What engine do they have in them.
Buy used and safe thousands,

Last edited by Glenn; 6/22/14 at 09:07 PM.
Old 6/25/14, 08:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by jim010

The one with the options I want I can't find, so I am considering ordering one. I have some questions to you guys, tokugh:

3 - can the order be cancelled, and if so, are they obligated to give the deposit back?

Cheers
Are there not any made with the options you want where you could pick from dealer stock? I didnt care for it at first, but grown to like it. Rode in a Trail hawk and it was very nice. It was a closed lot that Jeep had showing its offroad capabilities.

1 - I was able to get Xplan pricing on My Mustang that I ordered, and dealer knew that up front. Jeep has similar plans, if you arent using one then I'm not sure how you negotiate the deal?

2 - Depends on the dealer. I would say $500 since that is what my dealer charged for my Mustang order, and I would not put more than $1000 down. It is earnest money so it shouldnt be a lot, just enough to show you're serious about the purchase.
Old 7/3/14, 04:20 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wife has a latitude and it's not a bad car at all. I hated it the way it looks and not really a fan of mopar but it's been growing on me.

I got mine from dealer stock so can't speak about the ordering parts but our sticker price was 29K and we got it for a little over 23K.

I researched what I wanted, and got a dealer to give me a price via email. I used that to get several local dealers to compete to get me the lowest price way before I stepped into the showroom.

Only issues I had was that I never told them about my trade in (on purpose) and they tried to low ball me until they saw that I was really willing to walk away until they gave me what I wanted.

Just need to be patient and you can get a good deal on these cars.

Have only about 1500 miles on it but no complaints so far. Fit and finish is much better then the 07 Cherokee we traded in.
Old 7/3/14, 05:49 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jim010

Cheers

I traded in my 2013 GT/CS for a 2014 Eco Green Trailhawk. Prices are negotiable and they should give you your deposit back if you cancel.

Currently they are taking orders for 2015's. Canada orders are arriving at a snails pace. It's best to get one off of a lot if they have something you want.

They are known for transmission problems, but getting better. If you take a 2014 off the lot, try to get one with a build date of later than 12/19/13, or better yet, after 05/15/14. These are the two latest transmission updates.

Old 7/3/14, 06:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
How do they ride on normal and somewhat bumpy roads? How is the cabin noise level on the highway?
Old 7/3/14, 06:05 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
How do they ride on normal and somewhat bumpy roads? How is the cabin noise level on the highway?
It rides surprisingly nice. Interior is very comfortable too.

Cabin noise is minimal, but with the Trailhawk tires, there is a little noise from them. Overall, not bad at all.
Old 7/4/14, 06:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
I traded in my 2013 GT/CS for a 2014 Eco Green Trailhawk. Prices are negotiable and they should give you your deposit back if you cancel.

Currently they are taking orders for 2015's. Canada orders are arriving at a snails pace. It's best to get one off of a lot if they have something you want.

They are known for transmission problems, but getting better. If you take a 2014 off the lot, try to get one with a build date of later than 12/19/13, or better yet, after 05/15/14. These are the two latest transmission updates.

Looks nice! I was actually thinking about getting a cherokee trailhawk but the tranny issues and the nice rebates on the mustang swayed me.