General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Toyotas

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/13, 11:03 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Toyotas

This morning was really kinda bizarre. I pulled out from a side road onto a two-lane main road (for lack of a better term), and cars were approaching from each direction but were more than 1/4 mile from the intersection. I had just straightened out in the lane when the car that had been approach ran right up on my *** - so close that I couldn't see the hood of his car. I did notice that it was a Toyota (I think it was a Corolla). He was beeping his horn and flashing his lights at me, and he had obviously been speeding.

I continued accelerating to the speed limit (60mph) and figured he'd back off, but he didn't. So, I brake-checked him. He did back off a little after that, but kept running up on me and backing off repeatedly.

Eventually, he found a place to pass me - illegally (double-yellow line) - when there was a break in oncoming traffic. When he passed me, he started slowing down. When we got to 20mph (remember , this is a 60mph zone), I pulled the pistol out of my console and laid it on the seat. When he finally did come to a complete stop, I pulled the pistol from the holster. I had no place to go, oncoming traffic, and traffic approaching from the rear). We were sitting IN the lane of traffic.

He got out of his car, and walked up to my car, so I showed him the pistol (did not point it at him) as he approached. He changed his mind about doing/saying whatever he was going to do/say, and drove off. I put the pistol back in the holster and into the console.

Shortly after that, I'm traveling down the same road, still doing the speed limit. A Toyota Tundra pulls onto the road from a side street, and does the same thing the other guy did, he ran right up on my *** until all I could see in the rear-view was his grille. I ignored him and decided to just let him do what he wanted to do. Like the first guy, he waited for a break in oncoming traffic, and passed me - illegally - and flipped me off as he went by. I attributed his behavior to inbreeding (possibly involving the first guy). Eventually, I went through a school zone and saw the tundra had been pulled over by a cop. (A small amount of justice.)

Finally, I'd pulled onto a 6-lane highway (65mph speed limit) in very light traffic, and some lady in a 4Runner tailgated me for over 12 miles, even though there were plenty of opportunities to pass me. I finally stopped at a traffic light, and sat there until the lady went around me (boy, did that **** her off).

I have no idea why I was attracting so many a*sholes in Toyotas today. I can hardly wait to see what happens on the way home.
Old 1/18/13, 12:19 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is kinda off-topic ... but why would you have a gun in your car?
Old 1/18/13, 01:32 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Zastava_101
This is kinda off-topic ... but why would you have a gun in your car?
I'm guessing for the very situation he was describing...

And...he's from Texas
Old 1/18/13, 01:43 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
This has nothing to do with Toyotas and is full of poor decisionmaking