Old 8/5/08, 08:44 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
rofl Gary, that was funny!

congrats john! beautiful color, wish my jeep was that color
Old 8/5/08, 08:45 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I didn't know everyone didn't know about them. They probably only really sell in Texas I guess.

Anyway enough about the EL, the Commando looks really good. What is the platform its based on. Is it shared with Durango?

Edit: I said Commando and meant Commander. But I think Commando sounds better. All you need is camo face paint and a big cigar when you drive it.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 8/5/08 at 08:46 PM.
Old 8/5/08, 09:00 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I didn't know everyone didn't know about them. They probably only really sell in Texas I guess.

Anyway enough about the EL, the Commando looks really good. What is the platform its based on. Is it shared with Durango?

Edit: I said Commando and meant Commander. But I think Commando sounds better. All you need is camo face paint and a big cigar when you drive it.
I haven't put that much research into it, but I think it shares a lot w/ the Grand Cherokee. I'm still surprised that Jeep offers both the Commander and Grand Cherokee - they have to cannibalize each others sales. But who knows.
As far as Commando - don't worry - a local salesman that I tried buying a white one off of kept calling it the Commando too. It was at a Buick dealership, I don't think he knew better.
When I did buy this one, I was originally working w/ the Jeep dealer to find a Grand Cherokee when they mentioned getting a deal on the Commander. Initially I said no, but after considering it had standard side curtain airbags, 3rd row seat, and v8 all for less than the Cherokee, I sent my salesgirl an email telling her I was going Commando - she got a kick out of it.