General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Prius Sterotype - Its TRUE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 9/27/11, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wonder how many Prius owners also own a 2012 Mustang GT?
Old 9/28/11, 11:23 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by rationallo
i wonder how many Prius owners also own a 2012 Mustang GT?
You mean like al gore? He has a prius in his driveway and a hummer ,escalade, and private jet out back. Lol but he is all about trying to prevent "global warming" eh eh cough fake eh cough cough
Old 9/28/11, 11:26 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrpalmer
You mean like al gore? He has a prius in his driveway and a hummer ,escalade, and private jet out back. Lol but he is all about trying to prevent "global warming" eh eh cough fake eh cough cough

Attached Images  
Old 9/28/11, 11:31 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

Lmao
Old 9/29/11, 05:52 AM
GT Member

So i got my degree in Meteorology from a fairly liberal school in the northeast (*cough cough Rutgers cough* ). My academic advisor was an uber-hippie guy. I was in ROTC and often wore my uniform to class. Needless to say this created a ton of tension and it was a LONG 4 years
I could write a book about all the ridiculous altercations we had but I'll spare you on that....here is a prius related incident

He would ALWAY preach in class about the impacts of fossil fuel consumption and leave and get into his turb'd audi and speed off like a maniac. The best part? Whenever a big-shot environmental scientist was in town he would drive his wife's prius to work to make sure everyone knew just how 'green' he was.

Silly prius owners....

Oh and btw, this whole global-warming crap? Yea, dont believe everything you see in Al's movie.
Old 9/29/11, 06:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Prius experience was awesome! Some lady starts giving me the third degree about my how much my Mustang stinks up the air, O/R X-Pipe, and how it pollutes so badly with the fuel I burn and the noise it makes. Flowmaster Super 44's with O/R X-Pipe.

So I mentioned to her that she really should check out the strip mining operation in Canada that has destroyed the local ecology, the fact that Japan sends a freighter across the Atlantic to pick up the minerals for their batteries from Canada and then, turns around and burns even more diesel fuel taking it back and, she should also see what happens when the batteries go dead and have to be replaced. By this time, she's just an unintelligible idiot, calling me names and such. I noticed that, FINALLY, the other direction of travel stoplight had turned yellow. So with her having both of her windows down so her stick-man of a husband could give me the stink eye, I laid into a very aggressive, smoky burnout prior to the light changing. When I saw a soft glow of green in front of me, I let off the brake and smoked my way across the intersection. It took her about 20 seconds to emerge from the smoke.

Some Prius owners are pretty cool people who just want great mileage from their cars. The majority though, are empty headed libs who are just following the lead sheep.
Old 9/29/11, 07:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by VTXFrank
My Prius experience was awesome! Some lady starts giving me the third degree about my how much my Mustang stinks up the air, O/R X-Pipe, and how it pollutes so badly with the fuel I burn and the noise it makes. Flowmaster Super 44's with O/R X-Pipe.

So I mentioned to her that she really should check out the strip mining operation in Canada that has destroyed the local ecology, the fact that Japan sends a freighter across the Atlantic to pick up the minerals for their batteries from Canada and then, turns around and burns even more diesel fuel taking it back and, she should also see what happens when the batteries go dead and have to be replaced. By this time, she's just an unintelligible idiot, calling me names and such. I noticed that, FINALLY, the other direction of travel stoplight had turned yellow. So with her having both of her windows down so her stick-man of a husband could give me the stink eye, I laid into a very aggressive, smoky burnout prior to the light changing. When I saw a soft glow of green in front of me, I let off the brake and smoked my way across the intersection. It took her about 20 seconds to emerge from the smoke.

Some Prius owners are pretty cool people who just want great mileage from their cars. The majority though, are empty headed libs who are just following the lead sheep.
Your forgot the part where the raw material is sent to Europe and refined then sent to china to manufacture the battery's and then shipped to Japan where it's finally put in cars
Old 9/29/11, 09:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Y'know, one of the reasons I went Mustang was the very decent highway mileage - I know I will get more than the sticker (mileage varies based on driving habbits) because thats how I roll: 70 in the slow lane. My combined average shows well over 25mpg.

Given all the stories posted - I henceforth pledge to forever and ever lower my mileage and perform unneccessary showboating in the presence of said vehicle.

Now I drive me down the street
I pray that smug and I don't meet
If they cry like lib'rel flakes
I mash the throttle and the brakes
Old 9/29/11, 10:14 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Kinyodas

Now I drive me down the street
I pray that smug and I don't meet
If they cry like lib'rel flakes
I mash the throttle and the brakes
HAH!!!!
Old 10/2/11, 03:21 PM

That is probably the single greatest poem I have ever heard haha!
Old 10/2/11, 07:14 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by JerseyGT
He would ALWAY preach in class about the impacts of fossil fuel consumption and leave and get into his turb'd audi and speed off like a maniac. The best part? Whenever a big-shot environmental scientist was in town he would drive his wife's prius to work to make sure everyone knew just how 'green' he was.
He also probably doesn't realize how much power his computer saps. I've got a UPS and it comes with an energy management thingy which likes to shame me with some handy stats like my computer generates 247 pounds of carbon dioxide a month which would allow a car to travel 261 miles or light a lightbulb for 425 days and that I should plant 102 trees to offset the use of my computer.