General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Prius Sterotype - Its TRUE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 9/13/11, 08:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prius Sterotype - Its TRUE!!!

Yesterday, I'm almost home and before I turn, a little green Prius is the first at the light to my left. I decided to test the stigma that such owners exude gracious amounts of smug, so I tested the theory. I accelerated a tad more than usual - you know, just enough to make a little noise, nothing fancy.

The couple in the tart-wheeler give me a look like I was the jerk of the world - I mean, real dagger eyes like I just blew through half of the strategic oil reserve in the course of a few feet.

Don't get me wrong; I am all for air, electric, or any other alternative fueled vehicle that is viable, but I now beleive that some or most Prius owners are more about the "feeling" of being effeciently supperoir than the actual environmental benefits.

The following should be required viewing for all potental Hybrid customers ( and haters - and its a good laugh anyway):

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full...e02-smug-alert
Old 9/13/11, 10:37 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This about sums it up for me.

Watch this, it's worth it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIDpCT1tOqE
Old 9/13/11, 11:23 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.

Old 9/13/11, 04:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had that plenty of times before too. This is the face I usually stare back at them with as I drop the hammer.

Old 9/13/11, 05:35 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
when ever I get cut off or am behind a slow car its a prius or a kia soul. I am talking 85% of the time which is nuts
Old 9/13/11, 05:44 PM
V6 Member

I get dirty looks from Prius drivers when I cruise by them all the time. I love it.
Old 9/13/11, 06:24 PM
Bullitt Member

How many prius owners have y'all seen flick cigarettes out the window? I see it all the time! Doesn't get much more hypocritical than that!
Old 9/13/11, 07:01 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I think I told this story before.

one time back in the day(2006-07 ish) I was filling up at the station in my 06 gt vert. The car across from me was a prius and the lady was saying something rude to me. I could smell that **** hippie oil 10 feet away. I was nice and smiled and got back into the car. I turned it on and revved the crap out of the car for like 20-30 seconds. I yelled "I just undid all the good you did this month" and my nephew who was ride shotgun started laughing and we left.

I still miss that car I believe it wil be the best mustang I ever had even tho it had some problems.
Old 9/14/11, 08:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

I also find it funny how when I am cruising on the interstate and a Prius comes screaming by me. Now I usually cruise around 75, since in FL it is 70, and they go by me doing at least 90. So how is speeding and burning fuel eco-friendly? Heh.
Old 9/14/11, 08:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
I think I told this story before.

one time back in the day(2006-07 ish) I was filling up at the station in my 06 gt vert. The car across from me was a prius and the lady was saying something rude to me. I could smell that **** hippie oil 10 feet away. I was nice and smiled and got back into the car. I turned it on and revved the crap out of the car for like 20-30 seconds. I yelled "I just undid all the good you did this month" and my nephew who was ride shotgun started laughing and we left.

I still miss that car I believe it wil be the best mustang I ever had even tho it had some problems.
Lol, really, I can't stop laughing
Old 9/14/11, 09:26 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
[QUOTE=Flagstang;6139978]I think I told this story before.

QUOTE]

You have inspired me.....to be bad.
Old 9/14/11, 11:00 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Bah, you guys need to expereince an aggressive priusite driver, I had one hyper-miling in the left lane then take umbrage at the fact that I wanted to get around the car in front of me in the right.

The prius driver was going to have none of that and tried to cut me off by riding next to the car in front of me.

I made my move and cut around the car in front and watched as the priusite closed the gap and prevented anybody else from doing so. I was going 5-10 over the limit and watched them steadily fall back.

Y'know two things come to mind here all based on the notion that the left lane is for passing. A) Why would you hyper-mile in the left lane if its for passing and B) Why do you want to prevent people from passing? At the extreme end it could certainly be a situation like Speed and the vehicle trying to pass could just blow the hell up to as simple as what if the person trying to pass you has an emergancy (as an example a guy in a volvo did this to my dad when my brother was suffering from a gran mal siezure)

anyways I knew that they were pissed, I pulled into the place I had been heading to, the prius shadowed me and stopped at the car I was driving and when I turned around and started to walk back they took off. Being 6'2" and 280 lbs has its advantages
Old 9/14/11, 11:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.

LJL!!!
Old 9/14/11, 01:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bob
Bah, you guys need to expereince an aggressive priusite driver, I had one hyper-miling in the left lane then take umbrage at the fact that I wanted to get around the car in front of me in the right.

The prius driver was going to have none of that and tried to cut me off by riding next to the car in front of me.

I made my move and cut around the car in front and watched as the priusite closed the gap and prevented anybody else from doing so. I was going 5-10 over the limit and watched them steadily fall back.

Y'know two things come to mind here all based on the notion that the left lane is for passing. A) Why would you hyper-mile in the left lane if its for passing and B) Why do you want to prevent people from passing? At the extreme end it could certainly be a situation like Speed and the vehicle trying to pass could just blow the hell up to as simple as what if the person trying to pass you has an emergancy (as an example a guy in a volvo did this to my dad when my brother was suffering from a gran mal siezure)

anyways I knew that they were pissed, I pulled into the place I had been heading to, the prius shadowed me and stopped at the car I was driving and when I turned around and started to walk back they took off. Being 6'2" and 280 lbs has its advantages
If someone did that to me in that type on emergency, I would have to just " bump" him out the way
Old 9/15/11, 02:22 AM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bob

I had some body do that when I was rushing my mom to the hospital. Being young and stupid back then I passed them in the median.
Old 9/15/11, 03:09 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TheDarkSide
I also find it funny how when I am cruising on the interstate and a Prius comes screaming by me. Now I usually cruise around 75, since in FL it is 70, and they go by me doing at least 90. So how is speeding and burning fuel eco-friendly? Heh.
Yeah I've seen alot of Prius drivers speeding what's funny is top gear did a show on how the Prius gets less mpg than a BMW with a sport package if both are driven above like 75 or something can't remember the exact speed.
Old 9/15/11, 04:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GT1000

Yeah I've seen alot of Prius drivers speeding what's funny is top gear did a show on how the Prius gets less mpg than a BMW with a sport package if both are driven above like 75 or something can't remember the exact speed.
Yea prius got 17 mpg and the M5 got 19! Plus the process of making a prius causes so much environmental damage it really does way more harm than good.
Old 9/15/11, 06:27 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I think is was a 400 bhp m3
Old 9/15/11, 07:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

At that rate my old cummins is "greener" then the Toyota lol
Old 9/15/11, 08:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

I know this is dumb, but hear me out.

WHen you're driving on the highway/interstate and are cruising along, mildly passing slower vehicles, have you EVER hammered it on a straight away when you saw a Prius?

I'm asking because I've done it just to watch the Prius shake and swerve slightly when they are caught up in my wake. My friend and I started doing it when we were teens and called it the Ghost Rider effect. A la TopGun and the whole "Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full." bit when they do the flyby on the control tower which shakes the living crap out of everything. Childish I know, but it is fun to watch in the mirror.

Quick Reply: Prius Sterotype - Its TRUE!!!