General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Overhaulin

Search this Thread

Old 5/23/04, 09:56 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kotzenjunge, you may be right about the what you said...

"I should also add that on this program they might not give these cars new engines and transmissions, but they rebuild each and have them working like new."

But, I don't believe this is true. I read the on-line requirements, when they were looking for cars to "PIMP". One of the things that they mentioned is that they DID NOT want any cars that had mechanical problems.

So who knows...
Old 5/23/04, 10:08 PM
Bullitt Member

"pimp" :notnice:
Old 5/24/04, 12:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Tonight's was a prime example, where they totally rebuilt and refitted the Dune Buggy's engine with chrome parts and a new intake. heck, next week's episode has a CRX that DIES before it gets to the place to be fixed up, and they note one of the highlights is a new engine going in.

They look for cars to "pimp" because most of their clientele care only about image and probably don't have much of a performer on their hands in the first place (SUVs, trucks, etc).

They highlighted the engine this week and will next week also because of the concerns expressed by folks like the denizens of this board who feel it's too much boom-boom and not enough zoom.
Old 5/24/04, 05:18 AM
GT Member

You know what, you are RIGHT. I caught tonight's episode, and they DID, in fact, do something other than paint it, re-do the interior, and put more electronics in it than should ever be in a car. I was very surprised. Though, the screens in the doors was a pretty sad addition to the car. I mean, who in the heck wants to sit outside their car to watch the screen?!?!

I am kinda glad to see them doing actual mechanical work on the cars now. Even though, that can't make up for some of the things that they do to those poor cars. Just not my thing.

EVEN THOUGH, in the "autitions" , if you can call them that, they specifically stated that they did not want any cars that had mechanical problems.
Old 5/24/04, 04:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Romero@May. 24th, 2004, 5:21 AM

I am kinda glad to see them doing actual mechanical work on the cars now. Even though, that can't make up for some of the things that they do to those poor cars. Just not my thing.

Those poor cars? In my next life as a vehicle, I'd rather be a neon-green VW bug with bubbles coming out my butt, a disco ball hanging from my domelight, a donut machine in the glovebox and a horn that blows show tunes than to die slow and rusty in a neck-high patch of weeds in the back yard, providing a home to the local rats, leaking unidentifiable toxic black ooze right through my floor boards and into the earth. You've seen these cars before Xzbit gets them - you know rats are spending intimate moments with these wrecks! Line my sorry-hiney GM interior with black velvet and bring on the Elvis painting - just get rid of the rat droppings!

Did I just say that out loud?
Old 5/24/04, 06:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Nazgul@May. 24th, 2004, 4:42 PM
Line my sorry-hiney GM interior with black velvet and bring on the Elvis painting -
You laugh, but that sounds phat-UP, especially the velvet part.