General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

More Top Gear America

Search this Thread

Old 1/24/06, 06:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by azoufan@January 20, 2006, 10:04 PM
How in the world the Discovery channel can STILL broadcast Monster Garage (I mean seriously, who has watched that show in the past 2 years?)
I Watch it every time it is on, its a good show. as for this "american top gear" i'll stick with my downloaded episodes of the good ones
Old 1/25/06, 06:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Vermillion98@January 24, 2006, 4:09 PM
How do you know they won't test exotics? I have a clip right now on my portable media player of the "Car & Driver TV" comparison test of a Lambo Gallardo, AM DB9, Mercedes SL65, Ford GT, & Ferrari F430. Surely Top Gear (even the version by "fat and stupid Americans") should be able to have features at least as good as Car & Driver...
John, what I am saying in regards to testing exotics is, the REAL Top Gear tests cars like the Pagani, Koenigsegg, Ascari, Ariel Atom, the Bugatti, etc. Cars that we don't get. Do you really think a customer who just got his $2,000,000 Bugatti is going to let a car magazine to a flat out road test with it. I am highly certain that they won't. Plus Top Gear does funny stunts like going out and trying to by a sporty car for 1,500 GBP, and see which guy got the best buy. Plus they do the races (DB9 vs. Train, Bugatti vs. Plane, RS$ Audi vs. Rock climber)

Things like that make Top Gear what it is. I understand what you said about Car and Driver TV doing their Supercar test, but they did it for their magazine. If the magazine doesn't call for testing these cars, they won't. Top Gear tests these because they know all the viewers want to see them. I'll pass on this, and watich my Google video of the REAL Top Gear.
Old 1/30/06, 03:58 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
not trying to revive this, but if the American Top Gear can bring greatness such as this 16min clip, then I will applaud them.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=24...1699&q=top+gear
Old 1/30/06, 05:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the Bugatti vs. plane episode as a 355MB AVI file. I can manage to get it to those interested via my server or you can go to http://www.finalgear.com/downloads/topgear/ and download it using a bittorrent client.
Old 1/30/06, 08:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Knight@January 24, 2006, 4:44 PM
DOug hit the nail on the head.

I want to see people making jokes about other countries and say whatever they think...
There's nothing like seeing Clarkson test a new Renault and start the piece off by saying "this, coming from the French, or shall I say, the surrender monkeys."

Priceless.
Old 1/31/06, 12:35 AM
V6 Member

Hmm I'm surprised so many people actually like that show. I always thought it was lame because of the host. Jeremy Clarkson acts like a retard in my opinion. If they do come out with an American version than maybe I will actually check it out again.
Old 1/31/06, 01:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by shatter@January 30, 2006, 6:10 PM
I have the Bugatti vs. plane episode as a 355MB AVI file. I can manage to get it to those interested via my server or you can go to http://www.finalgear.com/downloads/topgear/ and download it using a bittorrent client.
I'd love to watch it, but I have been on that site, Finalgear, and I cannot for the life of me, figure out that whole bit torrent thing? I really want to watch the episode when they took 10,000 GBP and bought old mid-engined exotics and did the tests with them to see who got the better car. If you can give me some insight to the bit torrent thing, I would greatly appreicate it.
Old 1/31/06, 02:04 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Jeff..download and install BitComet
then boenload the file on filegear. What that file is is a marker of sorts that tells Bit comet where to find that file.
Open that file you downloaded off final gear with BitComet Once you do that you will be proptmed to save the avi,mp3 whatever file type to a location. Once you do that the file is in the cue. Now just sit back and let BitComet do it's job.
It will download the file whenever the program is open you will see arrows next to the task inducating what's going on.
Downloading the file will take quit sometime...read hours...as you are grabbing peices of the file from other peoples computers and then bitcomet is reassembling them into a whole file.
If you have to shut the computer or the connection down no worries..bit comet will just pick up where it left off when downloading the file.

once the donwload is complete watch the file.

hope that helps
Old 2/1/06, 06:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by burningman@January 31, 2006, 3:07 PM
Jeff..download and install BitComet
then boenload the file on filegear. What that file is is a marker of sorts that tells Bit comet where to find that file.
Open that file you downloaded off final gear with BitComet Once you do that you will be proptmed to save the avi,mp3 whatever file type to a location. Once you do that the file is in the cue. Now just sit back and let BitComet do it's job.
It will download the file whenever the program is open you will see arrows next to the task inducating what's going on.
Downloading the file will take quit sometime...read hours...as you are grabbing peices of the file from other peoples computers and then bitcomet is reassembling them into a whole file.
If you have to shut the computer or the connection down no worries..bit comet will just pick up where it left off when downloading the file.

once the donwload is complete watch the file.

hope that helps

Hey Doug, I just sent you a PM. I need some help getting the video to play. Thanks in advance.
Old 2/3/06, 11:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
lol I can't stand the idoit on Top Gear.

Ok, lets line up the fine Brittish cars made by someone not saved and owned by Ford:

Um.....

Maybe the lotus with the Toyota engine?

Ok.

And is that $45k+ SRT8 lined up with a 27k mustang GT? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/4/06, 12:10 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigred0383 @ January 23, 2006, 12:04 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
This is really dissapointing. It's Google Video for me I guess
[/b][/quote]

Me too. It gives me something to do at school besides work!
Old 2/5/06, 10:04 AM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scothew @ January 30, 2006, 6:01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
not trying to revive this, but if the American Top Gear can bring greatness such as this 16min clip, then I will applaud them.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=24...1699&q=top+gear
[/b][/quote]

Hey Scott, thanks for the link. That was actually the first time i had ever heard of Top Gear, this guy at school was watching that, and i was hooked instantly. Did some good to see it again. If you can watch that and still hate the british version... you and me are VERY different people.
People shouldn't take the British supremacy thing so seriously. Relax, they're just being funny! Enjoy the ride! Its not like they don't know Aston and Jag and Land Rover are all owned by ford. They really dig a lot of ford's too. Sure they really ragged on the Lightning... i mean, they basically just said its a ridiculous type of car for european folk that like to buy bread and a bit of firewood. Meanwhile, they popped the new stang way up near the top of their "Cool Wall", they love the new Focus ST, and the main host freakin' OWNS a Ford GT! One of like 30 people in Britain to own one!
Old 2/8/06, 12:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't forget on the Lightning review they said "We're in the British countryside much like in rural America where Americans do whatever it is they do...incest mostly". Freaking classic! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 2/8/06, 08:45 PM
Cobra R Member

hahahah... that was hilarious... i can't believe they got away with that. I hope i'm alowed to laugh at that though. I love rural america! Grew up camping all over the place south of the border. But ya... some things are just so rough they're funny.